[B18] Bridgello - Pretty pretty bridges on the rim!

Started by Shinzy, May 14, 2017, 07:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

After having built a colony with a river running through the middle
I realized there was the small problem where I couldn't connect the
power of the two halves together. So I decided to make myself a bridge to fix the issue

Note, in order to get these to work properly I had to make the deep river water passable (the path cost is still really high so pawns should avoid going there. This does not apply to deep ocean/lake water)

You can build these on Rivers, Marsh and Shallow water only
The railings may be a little fiddly to use but they're there entirely for beauty's sake!

Download
Bridgello Beta 18 - Mediafire
Bridgello Alpha 17 - Mediafire
Steam version

Changelog
- Bridges are now in the constructions tab

Credits!
Dobre Mzimu for polish translation
Ɲơɴɑɱɛ ت for german translation
Well for russian translation

Screenies!

Poke the fish for all my other mods

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Spdskatr

My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Bunkier

alsoandanswer

beautiful...matches the game's artstyle...it's great. i'll use it once a17 comes.

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

XeoNovaDan

Three battering rams crossed the bridge... trolls not included.

Shinzy

Dryerlint

Shinzy

Quote from: Dryerlint on May 16, 2017, 01:20:21 PM
Time to build a colony... on water!

Well I hope you find large enough body of water to build it on!
As a tip: if you want to build walls on the bridges you can do so but you have to build normal floors over the bridge first (This isn't really intended to be even possible, but it's a single player game so go wild mang!)

If you wanna build these on deep ocean/lake water and mud aswell, grab Flamebeaus' simple bridge mod too (there'll be couple errors if both mods are activated but nothing should be broken, least from what I tested :p)

XeoNovaDan

Mitz

Due to a huge bug in the other bridge mod i decided to give this one a spin. i hope it works, because i'm running out of options.
looks great, and i hope it works great!~
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Love

There's a warning on startup, not sure what it's about.

Config error in RimBridgeWood: Render order 401 is out of range (must be < 400)
Verse.Log:Warning(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:36)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\DefDatabase.cs:134)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenGeneric.cs:39)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:210)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__853() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:439)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:353)

Shinzy

Quote from: Love on May 19, 2017, 08:38:48 PM
There's a warning on startup, not sure what it's about.

Config error in RimBridgeWood: Render order 401 is out of range (must be < 400)
Verse.Log:Warning(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:36)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\DefDatabase.cs:134)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenGeneric.cs:39)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:210)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__853() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:439)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:353)

It should be mostly harmless (~hitchhikers guide to the galaxy), the render order "has" to be 400 or lower, I hadn't even noticed it at the time I'd uploaded this (as it doesn't pop up on it's own) :p
I've addressed it already for the next update! but incase you wanna fix it already, find the JeffBridges.xml in Mods/Bridges/Defs/TerrainDefs and open it with notepad and just switch the terrain precedence 401 to 400

That is all! Thanks, Love ;D

Shinzy

Updated this a bit! changed all the patching to be more efficient and added Polish translation

Lethe

Diagonaaaaals! :O

Thanks! Pretty bridges~ Can we fish off of them? If not, would you consider adding them?

Shinzy

Just a small update with boardwalks and I allowed building over mud aswell and cupla other small changes