[A17] Harvest Everything! (28.05.2017)

Started by Ykara, May 28, 2017, 08:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ykara

Hey!
Have you ever looked at a prisoner and thought: "Why can't I harvest more than just some organs? I want to take his arms, his legs, his eyes, his nose, his ears and everything else and only then rip his heart out!"
Then this mod is for you!

That's pretty much all this mod does, it adds the option to harvest stomachs, arms, legs, hands, feet, eyes, ears, jaws and noses.

Download:
Mediafire: Click Here!
Steam Workshop: Click Here!
Fully compatible with EPOE and basically any other mod too!

Screenshot:

Enjoy!

Love

It lists EPOE compatibility but not RBSE, does that work out?

Ykara

Quote from: Love on May 28, 2017, 08:22:20 AM
RBSE is EPOE with a different name, so I guess it would work, yes.

Sixdd

This is incredible, now I can finally turn my ungrateful prisoners into real "parts" of society. :D

faltonico

MountainKing

Aha! Thank you very much, Ykara! My prisoners will appreciate this... ;)

hal98

Quote from: Ykara on May 28, 2017, 08:26:27 AM
Quote from: Love on May 28, 2017, 08:22:20 AM
RBSE is EPOE with a different name, so I guess it would work, yes.

I've played rbse almost since it was released so I might be a bit of a fanboy, but that doesnt sound right to me. They seem pretty different to me, at least today. epoe seems pretty similar to that older mod extended surgery, so isn't that the same? anyway, I might try this out though. :d

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: hal98 on May 29, 2017, 01:23:45 AM
I've played rbse almost since it was released so I might be a bit of a fanboy, but that doesnt sound right to me. They seem pretty different to me, at least today. epoe seems pretty similar to that older mod extended surgery, so isn't that the same? anyway, I might try this out though. :d

RBSE used to be called EPOE Hardcore or something like that. It basically uses EPOE code and changes it according to that mod authors' preferences. The two mods are becoming more dissimilar though.

hal98

Yeah they are pretty different now. And if you look at older mods like More Bionic parts and Extended Surgery and Bionics you can see that they are very similar to EPOE. Extended surgery was really good actually. but anyway sry for being offtopic, just wanted to be fair to all.

firestrock

Now we just need a "harvest everything" button so we don't have to issue every surgical order by itself and we're good to go  ;D

Ykara

Oops, I didn't mean to start a discussion on RSBE and EPOE! ^^
But whatever: RSBE took EPOE, changed the benches, the recipes and later some of the textures. Most things are still the same, though, for example most of the parts, the research projects, the assembling sound and some more. So it doesn't make a huge difference in terms of compatibility.
And don't think that I dislike Rah's mod because of this, he maybe could have asked before "borrowing" my code, but as long as there are people enjoying his version, I don't mind too much ^^

Quote from: firestrock on May 29, 2017, 11:37:20 AM
Now we just need a "harvest everything" button so we don't have to issue every surgical order by itself and we're good to go  ;D
Oh yes, that's a great suggestion, but I'm afraid that I don't have the skills required to make that happen :/ I would have to create an assembly in C# that takes care of things like which lung can be harvested without the prisoner dying, which parts have already been harvested and so on. I'm sure that there are modders who could do that with ease, but I'm unfortunately not one of them :/

Rah

I'll only post in here once, because I don't want to hijack the thread or make a big fuzz. I just wanted to clear up a couple of things and give some backstory as to why I decided to make RBSE. -- In the beginning I actually just wanted to make a quick alternative to EPOE. I noticed some complaints in the thread and it looked like you, Ykara maybe didn't want to continue with the mod to the same degree as before. So I decided to take the mod and make some "changes" to it that I thought would be cool. You later returned and became more active, but I couldn't have known that at the time.

Now, it's true that some of the parts are still the same today, as well as the coding structure for the recipes. But XML coding, as you know, usually only functions one way, so it's not possible to get creative and code something in a different way than what the other "guys" are doing, usually - unless you do it in C#. The coding will have to look the same to work. If you try something new with XML in Rimworld, it usually breaks down, which is the case with recipes, as far as I know.

And finally, like someone mentioned above, the parts in mods like More Bionic Parts and Extended Surgery and Bionics are pretty much completely copied over to EPOE, and the coding is almost identical as well. Was that the right thing to do? I feel like, as long as you give the credit and thanks to the original people, it's ok to "borrow" some code and ideas and make the mod into something else. That's how I feel at least, especially in this scenario with Rimworld, and its XML files. Anyway, this is not a negative post, I just wanted to clear that up. ;) Also, I can replace the sound file with something else if you want. I forgot all about that one.

Ykara

First of all, thanks for the clarification!

Yes, you're right, Rimworld and I are in kind of an on-off relationship, although I'm currently trying to be more active ^^

XML coding is basically only tedious work, there's indeed not that much freedom to it. And I don't blame you at all for taking over the code, I wouldn't want anyone else to waste so much time on copying and modifying dozens of parts ^^

Regarding Extended Surgery, there is very little of its code still left in EPOE. But the thing is, I asked Minus if I could make a mod based on his mod (even though he also wasn't the original creator himself) before I uploaded mine, so yes, it was the right thing to do. And that's just something that I would also have appreciated.

And yes please, keep the sound file, I have no problem with that whatsoever! I wish you all the best for the future of your mod, I'm very interested in seeing how they will evolve differently!

I hope we have settled this matter now and can go back to brutalizing prisoners! ^^

Rah

Great, lets do that ;-) And I agree that I probably should've checked first by sending you a message, so that's my bad.

edit: added you on steam. Feel free to pm me if you want to ask or chat about something. take care !

Robbie

First, remove a hand(same goes for foot and leg), than remove the arm from where you took that hand.
Second, install the arm back, now you can remove a hand again, same that you just removed
Third, profit!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]