[B18] Right Tool For The Job: Rebalanced (v 0.18.1.3) (Dec 28th, 2017)

Started by Sixdd, May 30, 2017, 12:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

~Right Tool For The Job: Rebalanced~
Updated December 28th, 2017

~I did not make this mod, I only updated it to Alpha 17 and made some minor changes to costs and stat bonuses.~

Description:

This mod adds 3 types of tools to the game to speed up specific areas of a colonists work speed. Pickaxes to
make a colonist mine faster, Axes to make a colonist chop down trees faster, and Hammers to make colonists
build faster. There are advanced versions of these 3 tools that further increase the speed at which a colonist
completes those tasks. (Drill, Chainsaw, Auto-hammer)

Tribal tools increase the colonists efficiency in the skill by 15%
Normal tools increase the colonists efficiency in the skill by 30%
Advanced tools increase the colonists efficiency in the skill by 90%

There are also 2 types of "clothing" that increase a colonists global work speed.
The Toolbelt gives an 80% increase to all three skills work speed.
The Advanced Toolbelt gives a 180% increase to all three skills work speed.

Tribal tools are made of stone chunks and wood. Normal tools are made from Steel and Wood. Advanced tools are made from Plasteel and Steel.
The Toolbelt and Advanced Toolbelt are made from the 3 tools of their type. (Normal or Advanced.)
Toolbelts are belt accessories and can be worn with all clothes.

These are all made at the 'Tool Construction Table' which requires Electricity research.

All tools and the toolbelts can be traded with traders.

Safe to add mid-game.
NOT safe to remove mid-game!

Mod Team
ItchyFlea: {Original Mod}
Shinzy: Artwork
Thundercraft: Original Rebalanced Fork
Sixdd: Current Maintainer
Dellamorte: Compatibility Patching
Proxyer: Japanese Translation

Download: v0.18.1.3
This mod now includes ModCheck, no extra download neccesary!

{Old versions can be found on GitHub}

ChangeLog:
For changelogs visit {GitHub}.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Please report any bugs you find in this thread.

Love

This looks good. Could you somehow incorporate FashionRIMsta into the mix and balance them all as one complete product?

Sixdd

That would be a bit out of the scope of this mod, though as far as I can tell the mods should work together just fine. The author of FashionRimsta is still active also and I wouldn't want to step on their toes.

Oken

Thanks for maintaining this mod! But now that on A17 mining have less yield material with lower levels, maybe a stat for buffing that could be added to pickaxes and drills?

Sixdd

Thats a good idea, I'll look into it.

EDIT: I made the changes you mentioned, the new download is right up in the OP. Thanks again for the idea.

Oken

There seems to be a problem with the cost of the tool construction bench, it cost 75 components, and 175 wood... 175 wood! that's outrageous, I think that you should lower the wood cost a little.

On a more serious note: 75 components is too expensive, I think you meant 75 metal for that.

Sixdd

That is probably exactly what happened. Once again thank you for the report. I'll have it fixed in 10 minutes.

EDIT: Ok it's fixed, the initial stuff costs are based on vanilla workbench costs. The component count is now 1 and Steel is 10.

EDIT: Fixed again, the file was wrong for about 3 minutes so if you got the wrong one just redownload.

Swat_Raptor

the work amounts for some of the tools, well I'm pretty sure are off

pick axe 5000
tool belt 7000
advanced tool belt 9000
chain saw 55000 <-----  ?? is this a typo

Sixdd

Sixdd

AngleWyrm

Are these tools carried in the pawn's equipped weapon slot? If so, do tool belts offer an alternative to the choice between carrying a weapon and carrying a tool?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Sixdd

Yeah the tools are classed as weapons but the toolbelts are worn as belts (same slot as shield belts). So you have the option of having tools equipped but you'll have to micro the weapons when raids happen, or you can make the toolbelt and lose the shield belt. I'd be happy to take pointers on balance though.

Topper

Sixdd

I may do that at some point but not until I'm absolutely sure there are no more bugs in it.

Canute

Quote from: Sixdd on June 05, 2017, 11:53:47 PM
The normal tools are made from Steel and Wood. The advanced tools are made from Plasteel, Steel and Components.
The Toolbelt and Advanced Toolbelt are made from the 3 tools of their type. (Normal or Advanced.)
Toolbelts are belt accessories and can be worn with all clothes.

These are all made at the 'Tool Construction Table' which requires Electricity research.

Yeah the tools are classed as weapons but the toolbelts are worn as belts (same slot as shield belts).
What do you think about:
- made the normal toolbelt accessable for tribals, and add them to the smithing research and fueled smithing bench.

- made a spacer Multitoolbelt assigned to the 1.spacecraft research. Need an adv. toolbelt + personal shield to create a multitoolbelt with +90% (+100%) tools and shield ability.