[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- There is now a (very small) chance that pawns will be bitten by oddly aggressive fish while fishing. So it's no longer a "perfectly safe" way to gain joy and food.

- Stone bridge graphics have been improved. Wider bridges will no longer have "holes" throughout.

- Fishing spots must now be placed at least 12 tiles away from any other fishing spots.

- Fish (and other items) should now stack properly as they're caught.

- The chance of finding sunken treasure has been lowered significantly, and if it is found, it'll most likely be only a small amount of silver.

- Fishing-related messages (except for notices of pawns being bitten) are now simple text alerts rather than notifications that have to be dismissed.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated again:

- Fishing-related text messages (except buried treasure notifications) are now silent.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

notfood

By the way, I added the sources tag to SeedDef. Mainly thinking of your Wild Cultivation mod. It allows non sowable plants to drop the seed that will grow into the plant tag.

https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-SeedsPlease/blob/master/Defs/ThingDefs/Items_Seeds_Production.xml#L27,L29

SpaceDorf

Holy Carp .. your mods just keep getting better.
And thank you for using a prefix :)

I have one question left about the fishing in bridges.
Is it related or identical to FishIndustry or are there new fish ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: notfood on June 02, 2017, 12:52:56 PMBy the way, I added the sources tag to SeedDef....

I haven't yet had a chance to take a look at "Seeds Please!" and see about setting "Wild Cultivation" to work well with it, but I do have your comments regarding how to do so on my "to do" list. :D

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 02, 2017, 12:56:51 PMI have one question left about the fishing in bridges. Is it related or identical to FishIndustry or are there new fish ?

It's very similar to the fishing in "FishIndustry," which was, after all, my source reference, but it's not identical. In "Basic Bridges," the fish that pawns can catch are simply "fish," "tiny fish," "eel" and "squid," none of which are coded in the game as actual creatures, but only as resources which can be butchered for meat (and in the case of squid, leather).

Pawns can also catch junk (usually driftwood or scraps of cloth), and very rarely, sunken treasure. And, of course, pawns who are fishing now have a slight chance of suffering bite wounds from pissed-off water dwellers. Can't have anything in RimWorld be *too* safe, now can we? :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated again. Twice in one day. And not because I screwed anything up in this morning's update. :D

- Eel skin is now a thing.

- Dead fish and squid are now categorized as corpses instead of as resources. (Yeah. I was an idiot.)

- The nature of notifications for various fishing results are now individually configurable.

- "Junk" or "treasure" notices now tell you exactly what was found.

- The problem of fishing rods being left behind forever when fishing jobs are interrupted should be "mostly" fixed now.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps (formerly Fewer Ruins) has been updated:

- The mod's name has been changed from "Fewer Ruins" to "Configurable Maps," to reflect its expanding utility.

- Added the ability to customize the "water level" on new maps, which will affect the number and size of lakes, marshes, etc.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated yet again. Yeah.

- Squid is not nearly as difficult to catch now as I'd inadvertently made it originally, though it does still require a moderately skilled pawn and of course can only be caught in the ocean.

- The various meats are now just labeled "meat" rather than "raw meat," for consistency with other types of meat.

- Added "[RF]" prefix tag to the mod's name for easier mod list sorting.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Gelo

It looks, like my pawns prefer walking on good old marsh rather then on my fancy 'Basic Bridges'  :D
I know, pawns' pathfinding is dumb, but aren't bridges suppose to be as fast to be walked on as  floors?.

dburgdorf

Smooth Stone Walls has been updated:

- Pawns are once again able to smooth the inside corners of mountain rooms! "And there was much rejoicing."

- Reduced the time it takes to smooth a wall to about 3/4 of what it was before. This should represent a bit of a savings over the time required to mine a tile and then build a new wall, without making smoothing too overpowered.

- Made a change to the XML wall defs which I'd hoped would fix the "Map Reroll" wall graphics glitch. It didn't actually fix the glitch, but it's probably a good change, anyway.

- Added "[RF]" prefix tag to the mod's name for easier mod list sorting.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Gelo on June 03, 2017, 07:29:09 PMIt looks, like my pawns prefer walking on good old marsh rather then on my fancy 'Basic Bridges'  :D

That is some strange pathing behavior. I don't believe I've seen anything like that, and no one else has reported it, but I'll see if I can figure out why your pawns seem to prefer kicking through the muck. Do you happen to have any other mods loaded that might affect pathing?

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated yet again:

- Added a configuration option to determine whether fishing pawns haul their own catches to storage.

- It is now possible to fish from marsh tiles as well as from water tiles, though pawns are more likely to be bitten while fishing in marshes than when fishing in water.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Gelo

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 04, 2017, 01:35:04 PM
That is some strange pathing behavior. I don't believe I've seen anything like that, and no one else has reported it, but I'll see if I can figure out why your pawns seem to prefer kicking through the muck. Do you happen to have any other mods loaded that might affect pathing?

So, I've been testing this bug/phenomena for some time and that's what I've found:
1. The bug appears with only 'Basic Bridges' installed. So it isn't other mod's fault.
2. The bug appears mostly when bridges are used to cross marsh.
3. The bug appears mostly when bridges are long ( > 20 tiles ) and unlikely to appear with short bridges ( < 15 tiles )

Here is an example of short (13 t.) bridge - working fine:

And here is an example of long (24 t.) bridge - strange pathfinding detected:

(pawns prefer walking on a coast of marsh 'pool')