[A17] More Consumables and Mutagens V.1.0 ~ June 4th

Started by AtomicRavioli, June 04, 2017, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomicRavioli

Version: 1.1
July 3rd

Reboot of my A15 mod, Mutagens and Psionic Drugs. Inspired by Cataclsym: Dark Days Ahead.
Adds a collection of various consumable items with varying effects.

Download:
Dropbox
Workshop

Content:

Oracalium:
Neolithic blend of powdered herbs that is traditionally used by Oracles in tribal societies. Users never build tolerance to it. Addictive. Repeated usage develop semi permanent effects.

Craftable and purchasable.

Ambrosia Iced Tea:
Drink made from ambrosia that calms the drinker down, and without addictive chance. Not as potent as Ambrosia but slightly different effects.

Hearth Brew:
Warming beverage for winter time, slightly alcoholic and makes the drinker more festive. Made from slightly fermented berries.

Herbal Tincture:
Blend of various herbal medicines that help the user build an immunity to a disease, while making the user drowsy. Effects last 1 day.

Ichorio:
Rare iridescent fluid that permanently alters the brain chemistry of the drinker, giving them permanent buffs at the cost of pain sensitivity.

Purchasable.

Purchasable Mutagens:
Taking a mutagen pill puts the user in a mutagenic reaction state. It begins with an initial phase before the effects kick in. After some time, the mutagen starts working. When active, the mutagen randomly gives the user mutations. Mutations are chosen randomly from a pool, some mutations cancel out others. Mutagen pills are highly refined, often giving more beneficial mutations than harmful ones. There is, however, a small chance that the user might not mutate at all. All mutagen pills are purchasable only.

Sil:
Mutagen that is popular on Glitterworlds for the beautiful changes to the body, such as the floral-like mutations that sprout around the ears. It is infamous on Urbworlds for the lethal toxins that some of the mutations secrete.

Ursa:
Forming beast like mutations, Ursa is primarily designed for use by special divisions of military shock troopers.

Igni:
Designed and mass produced to enhance manual labor, it promptly received a ban on various worlds when unintended mutations started popping up.

Myrol:
Myrol was produced for a specific mutation; Myrolsis, which bestows light regeneration and stronger blood filtration. However, most of its side effects are less than desirable.

Midia:
One of the earliest mind altering mutagens that was proven to be safe enough for specialized use.

Craftable Mutagen:
With research done, you can eventually craft your own mutagens. It begins with Catalyst Serum, a special solution embedded in some rancid meat that you craft at the drug lab. If you keep it safe and undisturbed, the catalyst serum will eventually break down into a baby slime.

Slimes are ravenous creatures that will tirelessly consume and assimilate matter. It grows fast and can become a huge problem for your colony unless you either kill it or tame it. Killing it will yield slime globs which are a necessity for making homemade mutagens. Taming the slimes will allow you to milk them for slime gel which can be processed into slime paste and eaten.

Once you obtain slime globs you can craft a mutagenic slurry at the drug lab. Mutagenic slurries are a VERY random mutagen that fit almost every mutation available into one consumable, making it very risky but very rewarding if you are lucky. Beware that the mutation phases are worse in effect to your colonists when consuming the slurry.

Mutation list:
An incomplete and somewhat outdated list of mutations your pawns can get

-mutation: speed (+ 0.24 movement speed, incompatible with mutation: slow)
-mutation: rage (75% increased social fight chance, pain reduced by 15%, slightly worsened mental break threshold, incompatible with mutation: calm)
-mutation: warm (lower MIN and MAX comfortable temperature range)
-mutation: furnace (20% less sleep, 30% higher hunger rate. Eating speed increased by 50%, slight cold tolerance)
-mutation: plated arm (Bone plated arm that won't bleed to damage and deals more unarmed damage, 20% decrease to manipulation, 10% sharp armor, 6% blunt armor)
-mutation: core heart (Dense heavily altered heart, 50% more efficient than a normal heart. 10% movement increase)
-mutation: strong back (increased carrying capacity, 10% movement increase)
-mutation: flowers (+10% social impact, +10% toxic sensitivity)
-mutation: corrosive acids (+20% hunger rate)
-mutation: viperous blood (+10% pain, -5% toxic sensitivity, +20% blood filtration)
-mutation: phelloderm (+6.5% sharp armor, +3.5% blunt armor, -0.03 movement speed)
-mutation: fey eyes (+12% social impact, +26% sight improvement)
-mutation: degraded (-35% pain, -10% global work speed, -15% consciousness, -35% talking)
-mutation: calm (-12% mental break threshold, incompatible with mutation: rage)
-mutation: ponderous (15% more rest need)
-mutation: slow (-0.24 movement speed, incompatible with mutation: speed)
-mutation: fur (very slight sharp and blunt armor, and movement penalty, -5 minimum comfy temperature, incompatible with mutation: phelloderm)
-mutation: disfigured (-35% social impact)
-mutation: claws (65% efficient as hands, powerful melee weapons)
-mutation: horns (Extra melee attack)
-mutation: animal-like (80% pain, -50% social impact, 80% psychic sensitivity, lower mental breakdown threshold, +20% hearing, random food binges)
-mutation: intelligent (Worse mental break threshold, faster learning)
-mutation: forgetful (random memory loss, similar to Alzheimers)
-mutation: blurred (-15% sight, per eye)
-mutation: rough voice (-15% social impact)
-mutation: keen (-35% aiming delay)
-mutation: absent (mood boost, -20% consciousness penalty)
-mutation: static (-10% learning, -10% psychic sensitivity)
-mutation: myrolsis (Scar healing, +15% blood filtration)
-mutation: constricted breathing (-10% breathing)
-mutation: withering (-10% blood filtration)
-mutation: slimy skin (Blunt armor, worsened lower temp cap, incompatible with other skin mutations)
-mutation: wired (-15% less sleep need, incompatible with ponderous mutation)
-mutation: lizard eyes (replaces eyes with lizard like eyes, better sight and better for shooting, not good for social interaction)
-mutation: strong (Increased melee hit chance, carry weight, and mining speed, affects arms)
-mutation: agile (Increased dodge chance, incompatible with stagnant mutation)
-mutation: stagnant (Decreased dodge chance, incompatible with agile mutation)
-mutation: soothing aura (Variety of social buffs and animal tame chance)

License
Take it apart to your heart's consent for your own ideas, just don't blatantly copy and republish the mod.

Modpacks and collections are welcome to include the mod, just give me a notification and credit as you do so.

Dragoon

Hurray! thanks for updating for the non-steam users  ;D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

AtomicRavioli

Added a list of all the mutations you can get in OP

wwWraith

Are there chances for these mutations to appear on raiders and other non-colonists?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: wwWraith on July 02, 2017, 11:29:30 AM
Are there chances for these mutations to appear on raiders and other non-colonists?

There is no chance for it to appear. If I add support for that feature in the future, it would be optional.

AtomicRavioli

Updated on steam, direct download link will be updated momentarily.

Changes:

V1.1 Craftable Mutagen Update

Changes:

-slow and speed mutations have been amplified to +-0.24 movement
-phelloderm mutation increased protection and worsened movement
-Some existing mutagen pills have gained some new mutations to their pools
-fixed mutations that only appear on one body part when they should affect two (Eye mutations, for instance)
-Chances to mutate increased greatly for all pills (There were too many dud pills, now it should be likely to get 1-3 mutations per pill)

Content expansion:

New mutagens:

-mutation: withering (-10% blood filtration)
-mutation: slimy skin (Blunt armor, worsened lower temp cap, incompatible with other skin mutations)
-mutation: wired (-15% less sleep need, incompatible with ponderous mutation)
-mutation: lizard eyes (replaces eyes with lizard like eyes, better sight and better for shooting, not good for social interaction)
-mutation: strong (Increased melee hit chance, carry weight, and mining speed, affects arms)
-mutation: agile (Increased dodge chance, incompatible with stagnant mutation)
-mutation: stagnant (Decreased dodge chance, incompatible with agile mutation)
-mutation: soothing aura (Variety of social buffs and animal tame chance)

-Added craftable mutagen: Mutagenic Slurry (High chance to cause very random mutations without any specialization, unlike the purchasable pills)

(Starting out to craft mutagens is basically a mini quest, steps to complete are below)

-Added mutagen research (Pre-req to begin mutagen crafting path)
-Added catalyst serum (First item needed to begin crafting mutagens. Some time after crafting, it creates a slime)

-Added slime (Huge and devouring creature that can be tamed, tanky and somewhat hard to take down. Art by 3DGrunge, thanks!)
-Added slime glob (Butchering slimes produce this. It is a required ingredient to make the mutagenic slurry)
-Added slime gel (Milking a tame slime produces this)
-Added slime paste (Processing slime gel makes slime paste, which is a high nutrition food item)

123nick

hey, you ever play Cataclysm dark days ahead? some of the stuff in the description seems sorta similar too what you would see in CDDA, but it could just be a coincidence

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: 123nick on July 03, 2017, 06:02:33 PM
hey, you ever play Cataclysm dark days ahead? some of the stuff in the description seems sorta similar too what you would see in CDDA, but it could just be a coincidence

Read the first uncolored line of the op, lol

fetusthebard

123nick

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on July 03, 2017, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: 123nick on July 03, 2017, 06:02:33 PM

Read the first uncolored line of the op, lol

cant believe i missed that :P

SpaceDorf

I think I spotted a small bug, but I am not sure.

I had two pawns ingest different mutagens ( igni and midia ).

One got three different mutations while the other got none at all.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 08, 2017, 09:49:20 AM
I think I spotted a small bug, but I am not sure.

I had two pawns ingest different mutagens ( igni and midia ).

One got three different mutations while the other got none at all.

Dud pills are always a possibility due to the way how the mutagens are placed on a pawn. Every mutation in the pool for each mutagen rolls their own low chance to appear during the active stage of the mutagen, and that can result with none of them appearing.

I plan to expand the pool of mutations each mutagen can offer, so that the chance of not obtaining any mutation is even more of a rarity.

SpaceDorf

I am aware of the "zero chance" .. but this case was so extreme that I became suspicious.

I never had three mutations on a single pawn with a single pill, nor zero mutation on another pawn.
So I thought I rather notify you of this event, than sit it out, I will retry of course.
But first I have to fix the lungs of my favorite test subject  ::)

That leads me to another question .. is it possible for other pills or the same mutagen to reverse or remove bad mutations ?
I know some mutations make the pawn immune to the counter effect, but not all, so it feels possible.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on July 08, 2017, 12:23:23 PM
Dud pills are always a possibility due to the way how the mutagens are placed on a pawn. Every mutation in the pool for each mutagen rolls their own low chance to appear during the active stage of the mutagen, and that can result with none of them appearing.

Another way to do it is throw them all into a hat and draw names out of the hat. And they could be written on different sized slips of paper.

hat container class
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh