[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Wild Cultivation has been updated:

- "Wild Cultivation" is now fully compatible with "Seeds Please!" If that mod is in use, wild plants will drop seeds which can be used to grow their cultivated counterparts.

- Cultivated saguaro cacti now yield less wood than their wild cousins, in addition to growing more slowly.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated:

- Added the ability to define whether ruins and shrines should be constructed from random stone types (as in vanilla) or only from "local" stone types.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Love

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 10, 2017, 05:51:13 PM

- Added the ability to define whether ruins and shrines should be constructed from random stone types (as in vanilla) or only from "local" stone types.

This is an awesome feature.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 10, 2017, 05:51:13 PM

Old. Short. Rather grumpy. Extravagantly bearded. "But damn it, I'm not a dorf!"

Hot Damn Circus, Clowns and Magma, for a self proclaimed grumpy old guy you are a real modding powerhouse.
Also in Norse Mythologie there is no mentioning of Dwarves being small .. just master crafters who live underground.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

- River sizes, as well as lakes and marshes, are now affected by the "water level" setting.

- Added a new "ocean level on coastal maps" setting, which allows control of the amount of water on maps with coasts, from vanilla-style maps with just a small strip of water and sand on one edge, all the way to maps that are almost fully submerged.

So, yeah, you can now effectively create ocean maps if you really want to play on a map with virtually no dry land.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 11, 2017, 05:26:22 AMHot Damn Circus, Clowns and Magma, for a self proclaimed grumpy old guy you are a real modding powerhouse.

I just fake it well.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Stone bridges will now support heavy construction, so you can use them to support walls if you so desire. (Note that this change isn't retroactive. Preexisting stone bridges in games already in progress will not support heavy construction. Only newly-built stone bridges will.)

It is, of course, a complete coincidence that being able to build walls on bridges just might make it a bit easier to deal with those "ocean maps" that you can create with my "Configurable Maps" mod now. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 8/5/2017

"Rascally Rabbits," as you can probably guess from the title, adds... rabbits.

Rabbits are smaller, more social, and more tameable than hares, and are found in warmer climates. You might even start with one as a pet, though admittedly they're rather useless. Brown rabbits can be found in boreal and temperate forests, and grey desert rabbits can be found in arid shrublands and deserts. And then there are the Caerbannog bunnies, which show up occasionally in all of those biomes. Probably the result of some misguided ancient genetic manipulation, the innocent-looking Caerbannog bunny is surprisingly dangerous, with nasty, big, pointy teeth and a vicious streak a mile wide. A generally solitary creature, it should not be underestimated.

Of course, where there are rabbits, there must be carrots, and so "Rascally Rabbits" also adds carrots that you can grow and eat. And you'll be able to cook up a tasty rabbit stew, using rabbit meat, carrots and potatoes.

Finally, the mod adds a few rabbit-themed events:

+ "Beasts of Caerbannog" presents you with a swarm of maneating Caerbannog bunnies. Yes, it's a reskinned (rabbit-skinned?) copy of the default "Maneater Pack" incident. But it uses a custom copy of the incident code, so "Rascally Rabbits" is compatible with other mods which modify that event.

+ "Ravenous Rabbits" infests your garden with hungry, hungry rabbits who'll devour your crops if you let them. This one's based on Nandonalt's excellent "Pests!" mod.

+ "What's Up, Doc?" gifts you with a crashed escape pod, containing not a colonist, but a small stash of supplies and someone's injured pet bunny. (It combines code from the default "Cargo Pod" and "Refugee Pod" incidents.)

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

"Rascally Rabbits" adds new things, but doesn't change any existing things, so it should be compatible with pretty much any other mod, and you should be able to add it to an existing saved game without trouble. But removing the mod from a game in progress will, of course, likely cause problems or even make the game unplayable.

The mod is fully compatible "out of the box" with both "A Dog Said" and "Seeds Please!" No extra patch mods are required.

Credits:

The coyote and duck graphics were provided to me by Ludeon forum user Minimurgle. No, they're not actually in use yet, as I've been too busy with other things to actually *add* coyotes and ducks to the mod. But I wanted to acknowledge Minimurgle's gift. And yes, coyotes and ducks *will* be part of the mod in the not too terribly distant future. (And if you don't understand why rascally rabbits, wiley coyotes and daffy ducks belong in a mod together, well, you clearly haven't watched enough classic Warner Brothers cartoons.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 12, 2017, 01:37:55 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 11, 2017, 05:26:22 AMHot Damn Circus, Clowns and Magma, for a self proclaimed grumpy old guy you are a real modding powerhouse.

I just fake it well.  ;)

the grumpy old part or the Modding part ?

And yay the rabbits are back with updates .. double barreled shotguns for everyone :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 12, 2017, 05:07:14 AMthe grumpy old part or the Modding part ?

Gawd, I *wish* I was only faking being old. :P

(And on a completely unrelated note, except inasmuch as it's more evidence that I *am*, in fact, old, today, my wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SihvMan

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 12, 2017, 10:13:44 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 12, 2017, 05:07:14 AMthe grumpy old part or the Modding part ?

Gawd, I *wish* I was only faking being old. :P

(And on a completely unrelated note, except inasmuch as it's more evidence that I *am*, in fact, old, today, my wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary.)

Happy Anniversary! May you have many more. From a random internet stranger.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 12, 2017, 10:13:44 AMtoday, my wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary.)

Bring out the alcohol, woo!

That's how real dorfs party... and dine... and breakfast... and even sleep.

Rimrue

Belated happy anniversary! :)

I have a stupid question: how do you place fishing spots? I built a basic wooden bridge out to the deep water, but I can't put a fishing spot on it anywhere. (Keeps telling me the terrain doesn't support it.  :-\ )

Also, could you possibly dial back the commonality on eel leather and squid leather? Maybe to 0.5 or less? It seems like EVERYTHING in the game is now made out of it. Lol

Thanks!