- A new parasitic creature called the Space Worm
- A new Level 4 technology (Xenobiology) to research
- A new surgical procedure to extract Space Worm larvae from infected Hosts

Future plans:

- Harvestable Wormskin with incredibly rare narcotic qualities
- New types of Space Worm, including a Queen and Nest Builders
- New incidents to introduce Space Worms into your Colony

How does the mod work?

- An escape pod with an infected survivor crashlands. With a chance of it gestating inside Refugee Pod survivors, it only takes one infected human to wipe a Colony out entirely if not dealt with quickly...
- If your colony has researched the Level 4 technology of Xenobiology, they'll be able to automatically see the Parasitic Infection on the survivors health records, and surgically extract the larvae from the patient with the right medical skills and supplies...
If not, the infected host will birth 1 to 3 Space Worms violently within 24 hours, dying in the process, with the new breed on the hunt for new hosts...

Tips:

- A host is impregnated the second a Space Worm successfully incises a human (the Space Worm will die during impregnation). The human will have approximately 24 hours in-game to be diagnosed and operated on before the larvae breeches, killing the Host in the process.
- Any one Space Worm, can impregnate a Host with up to 3 larvae. Only one operation is required to remove the parasite
- Hosts in Stasis can withhold the gestation process, so if you don't have the tech researched - put 'em on ice!
- Space Worms are fast, but weak. When born, their instant bloodlust will drive them to impregnate the nearest human host - so be prepared with quarantine wards and rapid weapons!

Known Bugs/Incompatibilities:

- Gestation period is approximately between 12 and 24 hours

Special Thanks to erdelf over at the Community Discord for sage C# advice on a rather steep learning curve, and all the others who've helped me with my many questions from time to time

License:

I don't allow anyone to use any of the content without my permission at this time

demeggy

Hey folks,

Quick follow up post to my initial launch thread. This is my first public mod release, so please be gentle :)

Inspiration for this is mainly from Alien, but I wanted to try and take a more original angle with it than just work from established material. There's probably a lot to do with it still, hence the beta, but I'm just happy that I've been able to get it up and running for you all to play and enjoy.

Personal tip; make yourselves a quarantine ward... I've had a few test builds go awry 'cos of it ;)

Always on the lookout for feedback!

D

kaptain_kavern

Thanks for your work. I have to try that :-D

demeggy

Sebastian Cigar

Looks very promising, I definitely want that in my game
I love this kind of mods that add complications, here you can either try to counter them and enjoy the show or use it to your own advantage.

demeggy

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on July 17, 2017, 07:16:45 PM
Looks very promising, I definitely want that in my game
I love this kind of mods that add complications, here you can either try to counter them and enjoy the show or use it to your own advantage.

Cheers! That's the intention I guess. The next build will be focusing on harvesting the Worms for a rather valuable narcotic... I'm envisaging players setting up their own breeding camps and sacrificing prisoners to the parasites just to get their hands on the left overs *wicked laughter*

Yautja

Damn boy, thanks for it, have been following and post on your original thread since the begining, cant wait to test it as soon as I can <3

Mufflamingo

Can we harvest the larvae and inject it to prisoners.

Or make a bomb out of the larvae and throw it on those annoying siegers.
Bleeeee. . . . .

demeggy

Quote from: Mufflamingo on July 18, 2017, 01:27:34 AM
Can we harvest the larvae and inject it to prisoners.

Or make a bomb out of the larvae and throw it on those annoying siegers.

I like the injection idea... *adds to list*

Mhacxk

Sebastian Cigar

You can still tell who's infected by the major boost to blood pumping the victims appear to have. Is it possible to make the infestation completely hidden?

diegoaless13

Just thinking about sending some drop pods with a few infested prisoners right in the center of a friendly faction's base and watch the space worms wipe them out :D

demeggy

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on July 18, 2017, 04:09:44 PM
You can still tell who's infected by the major boost to blood pumping the victims appear to have. Is it possible to make the infestation completely hidden?

Aaah, I was trying to give some subtle clues for those that hadn't unlocked the tech tree. There'll be a way to mask buffs... Ill look into it

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: demeggy on July 18, 2017, 06:39:13 PM
Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on July 18, 2017, 04:09:44 PM

Aaah, I was trying to give some subtle clues for those that hadn't unlocked the tech tree. There'll be a way to mask buffs... Ill look into it
I don't know, kind of like looking for clues like that. Maybe have them eat more than normal, just a little.

Sebastian Cigar

Yeah, maybe you could either make the hosts eat a lot. Like, really a lot, almost as much as alphabeavers. Or you could change the breakout mechanics, make the larvae completely rip host's abdomen apart, dealing severe damage to their stomach, liver and torso BUT not outright killing them in the process, leaving them merely an hour or two away from death