[A16] Deep Core Miner (+addons) (UD:1/13/16) - An End Game Resource Solution

Started by theubie, September 01, 2016, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchiveruti

Hey hi! Can you check out any way to make the pawn using the deep drill "sit"? Or it's a standing task?
That way they could benefit from the chairs.

Canute

Use your texteditor
open ...\Mods\MiningShaft\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings
edit  Buildings_Production_CoreDriller.xml
find   <interactionCellOffset>(0,0,-1)</interactionCellOffset>
and change the -1 into -2 and safe.

Juntahmol

For some reason, none of my pawns will interact with the deep core miner.  I set it up, and they would before the first time I saved, but I haven't seen them work it since.  There's no right-click option for prioritizing it, either.  I even tried god moding one in and setting it to just do something 10 times, and they still won't touch it.  They interact with the Mk II just fine, though (I assume that's also from that mod, since the description references the core drill).

AngleWyrm

I've seen that unable to prioritize behavior a few times, and recently discovered that my level-10 constructor could be ordered to prioritize building a bed, but the rest of the team could not.

EDIT: I have the mod Quality Builder installed. If I disable the quality setting for a given construction, then I can set just about anyone to the task. But if I have quality construction setting active, then it seems to take a skilled guy to do the job.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Dr_Zhivago

I put this on steam already, but just incase people don't want it from there... Here's another addon for A16 Industrialisation.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

trollface939

So i just got my Core Drill up and running on my Sea Ice playthrough. And for some reason, i can only mine gold and nothing else. Is this a bug or a mechanic?

counterfeitguise

Would love an update to this for A17. I consider this a core mod for Rimworld gameplay. I like to play long games and the vanilla deep driller is just not enough.

Kalshion

Given the OP hasn't been around since earlier in the year, I don't think we'll be seeing an update, might have to wait for someone else to make one of these  :'(

DoctorVanGogh

I went ahead and did a custom Alpha 17 version of this mod. Some quick & dirty tests showed no issues.

If you feel adventurous, feel free to give it a try (needs manual install)
I've not yet touched the Glitterterch addon, though the old A16 version should still work (if loaded after the core drill mod), but you'll not get the nice 'drilling' effect I've added to the other mods.
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

viperwasp

Thanks DoctorVanGogh I appricate it. Waiting for New PC before I can help test or use the mods. But thanks. Are these A17B safe too?
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

SzaryKaptur

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on June 07, 2017, 05:38:21 AM
I went ahead and did a custom Alpha 17 version of this mod. Some quick & dirty tests showed no issues.

If you feel adventurous, feel free to give it a try (needs manual install)
I've not yet touched the Glitterterch addon, though the old A16 version should still work (if loaded after the core drill mod), but you'll not get the nice 'drilling' effect I've added to the other mods.

It's nice but when i use drill it doesn't give resourcers ammount like in RecipeDefs but it sprays tons of resources around drill.What is wrong? Help :/ It's like cheat.

MRizqonT

I Have a Very Good News for you Guys!

So on this day i have been updated this mod for A17 i update this myself,maybe im not allowed do this but,i will consider it so hangout for a little bit :-[

asquirrel

Quote from: MRizqonT on July 18, 2017, 06:12:16 AM
I Have a Very Good News for you Guys!

So on this day i have been updated this mod for A17 i update this myself,maybe im not allowed do this but,i will consider it so hangout for a little bit :-[

Hey dude, I'm using DoctorVanGogh's fix right now  but haven't thoroughly tested it. Have you tested your A17 conversion? Anything weird happening? (like spraying resources all around).  If it looks good, please upload it so we can test it some more. :)  Were you able to mod the Glitter tech addon (so the drill can also mine titanium)?

stigma

How do you guys feel this mod compares to the "Quarry" mod?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=942690136

IMO quarry looks very balanced to not be too convenient or too OP - but still technically gives you an infinite source of any minable material that exists in the game. Feels pretty natural and not so much like an "infinite generator of whatever material you want" sort of thing. It kind of simulates a less efficient version of what you do in the normal game when you do exploratory mining and just take whatever deposits you find - so getting rare materials is still rare and you can't really do much about that except throw more work at it.

I feel it really leaves room for other mining options like more targeted deep mining, and also meshes well with the ore scanner from the miningco mod. I really like that for mining expeditions outside my home tile when the need for very specific materials is pressing.

If anyone has good feedback after having used both in long games I'd love to hear your opinions.

-Stigma

Canute

Try to place a quarry on an iceshelf biome, you barly find a place to build it.