[1.3] Mechanoids Extraordinaire (v1.3.2) - (21.07.2021 - Update #7)

Started by Spino, August 10, 2017, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spino

Mechanoids Extraordinaire v1.3.2 by Spino

Second mod of mine, turned out I wasn't as lazy as I had originally thought.
Once again, of course, please do inform me if you find any bugs, think anything needs rebalancing, etc.

Description:
Ever thought having only 2 types of mechanoids was kinda... on the boring side?
Ever wanted a purely melee-attacking mechanoid?
Or maybe a mechanoid that would blow up your base and everyone you love with a freaking grenade launcher?
If you have answered "yes" to at least one of those questions, this mod may or may not be for you!

Features:
- 5 new types of mechanoids that will be appearing in raids/poison + psychic ship parts/ancient dangers.
- 1 new artificial body part, the mecha-tentacle, that can be obtained by deconstructing a kraken type mechanoid.

The mechanoids:

Vespa
"Known for their beautiful forms and incredibly swift movements. More than half of vespa's body is made of pure gold.
In contrary to all other types of mechanoids, vespas tend to use cover whenever such is available."

---

Goliath
"Type of a heavy mechanoid, unique in that it tends not to use any weapons, and instead relies on its great physical strength to knock out opponents.
When a goliath gets close to dying, its inner auto-destruction program activates, causing a huge explosion"

---

Hound
"Medium-sized combat mechanoids designed to put the enemy bases to ruins. They use the advanced grenade launchers mounted on their sides to try and blow up anything that gets in their sights. Getting close to them is not advisable due to the sharp, powerful claws installed on their front paws."

---

Kraken
"Huge, grotesque-looking, combat mechanoids. Their four mechanical tentacles are deadly in melee fights - or so they say, as the heavy weaponry krakens tend to be carrying makes it so very rarely anyone even gets a chance to get close to one of them."

---

Chimera
"This strange type of a mechanoid was said to have been made out of scraps of deceased members of its own race. To defend themselves, chimeras use powerful inferno cannons as well as blades, which used to belong to scythers, installed on the tips of their curled tails."

---

Available languages:
- English,
- Polish,
- French.

Download:

CLICK!

Mirror:CLICK!
Steam Workshop: CLICK!

Old versions:

1.2:
CLICK!

1.1:
CLICK!

1.0:
CLICK!

B18:
CLICK!

A17:
CLICK!

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License:
You are allowed to use it in modpacks as long as you link either this topic or the steam workshop page. You're also allowed to make derivative mods based on this one for personal use.

Changelog:

21.07.2021 - Update #7:
- the mod is now compatible with Rimworld 1.3.
10.10.2020 - Update #6:
- the mod is now compatible with Rimworld 1.2 (courtesy of CancelTherapy!).
26.03.2020 - Update #5:
- added a Brazilian Portuguese translation (courtesy of Felguja!).
22.03.2020 - Update #4:
- the mod is now compatible with Rimworld 1.1.
03.11.2018 - Update #3:
         - the mod is now compatible with Rimworld 1.0,
         - since it is no longer possible to harvest body parts from downed mechanoids (because they can't be downed without being killed), the mecha-tentacle is now obtained by deconstructing dead krakens.
19.12.2017 - Update #2:
         - the mod is now compatible with Rimworld Beta 18,
         - reduced the range of the grenade launcher.
20.08.2017 - Update #1:
         - the grenade launcher now does 2/3 of the damage it used to do,
         - mechanoids no longer bleed from their heads,
         - fixed problems with installing the mecha-tentacles on colonists,
         - added a French translation (courtesy of NorX Aengell!)

|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

If you like my mods and would like to support me, please consider buying me a coffee :]

|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

Enjoy!

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

KappaccinoNation

Finally, a mech mod! Hoping for a CE compatibility patch soon.

Ser Kitteh

I'm installing this because I hate myself.

Great job, OP.

alsoandanswer

it's good, fits the artstyle, definitely going onto the "install" list.

randy will send me some soon anyway :P

anyway, i think a wheel-based mechanoid would be cool.

something like a robo-medic from TF2

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/thumb/b/be/Medicbot_blu.png/300px-Medicbot_blu.png?t=20140122032000

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Spino

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on August 11, 2017, 02:21:56 AM
I'm installing this because I hate myself.

Great job, OP.
Thanks, you masochist, you L:

Quote from: alsoandanswer on August 11, 2017, 03:15:04 AM
it's good, fits the artstyle, definitely going onto the "install" list.

randy will send me some soon anyway :P

anyway, i think a wheel-based mechanoid would be cool.

something like a robo-medic from TF2

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/thumb/b/be/Medicbot_blu.png/300px-Medicbot_blu.png?t=20140122032000
I probably won't be adding any more mechanoids for now but thanks for the suggestion, I can't believe I haven't thought of adding a wheeled biomechanoid myself, heh.

XeoNovaDan

This looks like a pretty nice mod, definitely going to check it out!

One quick suggestion though: Crawlers. Small, agile, quadrupedal mechanoids designed to combat megascarabs. They don't have anything particularly remarkable, and they utilise a fairly weak assault shotgun. On their own, they're not that dangerous, but they typically come in large numbers which makes them much more of a formidable opponent.

WalkingProblem

This looks awesome!

Time to give colonies more hell to deal with!

Canute

Mechanical minions ?
Resistance is futile, we made you yellow ! :-)

tonsrd

is it compatable with

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26276.msg266819#msg266819

it extracts oil from mechs to craft luci ( never got far in enuff in game to use it )

great mod - I hope some streamers will play it

SpaceDorf

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on August 11, 2017, 05:14:11 AM
This looks like a pretty nice mod, definitely going to check it out!

One quick suggestion though: Crawlers. Small, agile, quadrupedal mechanoids designed to combat megascarabs. They don't have anything particularly remarkable, and they utilise a fairly weak assault shotgun. On their own, they're not that dangerous, but they typically come in large numbers which makes them much more of a formidable opponent.

this .. pretty please... and Spider Mines from Starcraft.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Crow_T

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Jackaldude2

KaiserThurston

I'm already a big fan of your Megafauna mod, and as soon as I saw this post, I downloaded the mod.

10/10

The mechanoids fought a fierce battle against a Gallatic Empire raid party and won.

Simmin

cant wait for some of these to show up, time for some megaphauna vs mech action