[A16] [WIP] Aliens vs Predator

Started by Deon, January 07, 2017, 10:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yautja

Yo Deon, you should check up with this other guy who is making a parasite like life-form, maybe you 2 can team up and make the facehugger part with the infect thing based on his work (with your skins for facehuggers and chestbursters) and put on this "modpack" :D

What do you think?

Deon

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on February 27, 2017, 08:47:16 PM
progress report ?

No progress at the moment. I know how it is sad when someone posts a fun idea/start of a mod but never fully delivers.

I am busy with moving to another country though, and waiting for full release of a17. I spend days dealing with another bug delivered by Microsoft cumulative updates which break RPC or cause issues with SSL/TLS, and other techy stuff like that, so I had no time to try coding again.

The main problem I encountered is how weird "detouring" is and it is really not that simple to properly code stuff in.
But I am not willing to give up.

@Yautja Who is that other guy? I know I can already make facehugger if I look (read - decompile and figure out how it works) at the majestic work done by guys on Cults mod. they have similar things.

However I do not completely give up on the idea of releasing this mod. I will make sure to copy the assets to my new computer in another country when my family moves there :).

Yautja

Quote from: Deon on May 09, 2017, 04:10:36 PM
Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on February 27, 2017, 08:47:16 PM
progress report ?

No progress at the moment. I know how it is sad when someone posts a fun idea/start of a mod but never fully delivers.

I am busy with moving to another country though, and waiting for full release of a17. I spend days dealing with another bug delivered by Microsoft cumulative updates which break RPC or cause issues with SSL/TLS, and other techy stuff like that, so I had no time to try coding again.

The main problem I encountered is how weird "detouring" is and it is really not that simple to properly code stuff in.
But I am not willing to give up.

@Yautja Who is that other guy? I know I can already make facehugger if I look (read - decompile and figure out how it works) at the majestic work done by guys on Cults mod. they have similar things.

However I do not completely give up on the idea of releasing this mod. I will make sure to copy the assets to my new computer in another country when my family moves there :).

Oh gosh, sorry bro... I was so away because of work, but this is the one! But looks like he stopped by now... And I still really want to see your mod on the run and finished, its looking amazing so far!
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30802.0

Rexaurius

we will be able to tame those beasts? It would be cool to have a base full of alien pets

Niceguy_PT

Is the mod dead? If it is really sad, no one is making an AvP mod in this game and I honestly I don't know why it would be amazing. I'm imagining we could get some Predator tech, use its wrist blades, armor, etc, and for the Alien we could eventually tame it if he was down and capture him, and train him like we do for bear for example. It would be cool if this mod happen :/