[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orpheus

Quote from: dazric on August 29, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
Hey, is there a way to manually set a psyrating, like with Dev Mode or something similar?
You can do this by editing the save file with a text editor.  Search the file for the character's name, then scroll through their data until you find the psy-level.  Just make sure you change it to something that the game recognises!
This also works for making Chaotic characters worship a particular god.  You could probably change other aspects of the faith system, but I've only actually tested switching from one Chaos god to another.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: dazric on August 31, 2017, 12:45:47 PM
Funnily enough, after buying a shitton of it from my neighbours, who's bulk traders arrived the day the tithe was due, as well as emptying out a textile trader in orbit, medicine, chemfuel and raw textiles may be the only things I succeed in filling! I have enough stuff to do all of them, but the little shits showed up two months early and I don't think I'll have time to load it all in.

Edit: It took a space marine, three servitors, six augmented humans, a dozen hauler bots and two dozen dogs, working round the clock on nothing but hauling, but we managed to fill the tithe containers in time.

Well, that seems quite realistic. You can slowly load the container over the year and maybe get something out if you really need it, or you use the 1 week you have to load everything at once.

You said they arrived 2 months early though? Seems I have to nerf the random element a bit. I didn't want them to arrive exactly on the day, since warp travel isn't that accurate, but two months is too much.

Quote from: Orpheus on August 31, 2017, 08:58:38 PM
Quote from: dazric on August 29, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
Hey, is there a way to manually set a psyrating, like with Dev Mode or something similar?
You can do this by editing the save file with a text editor.  Search the file for the character's name, then scroll through their data until you find the psy-level.  Just make sure you change it to something that the game recognises!
This also works for making Chaotic characters worship a particular god.  You could probably change other aspects of the faith system, but I've only actually tested switching from one Chaos god to another.

Indeed, savegame editing is almost always an option. Just be careful not to edit too much if you like your savegame.

With the help from InfintyKage I'm working on rebalancing weapons. Trying to find a middleground between lore accurate and not making every single weapon an OP oneshot wonder.

Techgenius

Hey Cpt.Ohu You're going to release separate plugins like Jecrell did with the Star Wars and Call of Cthulhu? pardon me if this was already asked before.

dazric

Is there any particular reason the scale stops at Delta? Not that I'm complaining, a Delta is a terror to behold and a one in a billion chance anyway, but space marine librarians can go up to Beta IIRC.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Techgenius on September 01, 2017, 04:06:55 PM
Hey Cpt.Ohu You're going to release separate plugins like Jecrell did with the Star Wars and Call of Cthulhu? pardon me if this was already asked before.

Here and here.

Quote from: dazric on September 01, 2017, 06:49:53 PM
Is there any particular reason the scale stops at Delta? Not that I'm complaining, a Delta is a terror to behold and a one in a billion chance anyway, but space marine librarians can go up to Beta IIRC.

Well, probability alone makes encountering anything above Delta almost impossible. Hence I decided to cap at Delta for now.

dazric

Fair enough, figured it was the reason. Besides, an Alpha is a planetary game-changer! That'd be a pain to balance, since they'd probably show up way too often at this scale.

Techgenius

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on September 02, 2017, 01:58:38 AM
cut
Toggleable options is good, allowing much more customization whether you want Dark Eldar or any Eldar at all.
Disabling features one by one or enabling all of them, I have several themed mods that would mesh well with the Adeptus Mechanicus functions but not with the 40k entirely. So thats truly appreciated.

CookieWizard

QuoteTried to add pawn Rachel to lord Verse.AI.Group.Lord but this pawn is already a member of lord Verse.AI.Group.Lord. Pawns can't be members of more than one lord at the same time.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Group.Lord:AddPawn(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Group.LordMaker:MakeNewLord(Faction, LordJob, Map, IEnumerable`1)
Corruption.SermonUtility:ForceSermon(BuildingAltar, Boolean)
Corruption.TempleCardUtility:DrawTempleCard(Rect, BuildingAltar)
Corruption.ITab_Altar:FillTab()
Verse.<DoTabGUI>c__AnonStorey44F:<>m__65A()
Verse.ImmediateWindow:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

I got this error when my preacher called a sermon. Since I don't know code I can't really say for sure but from a person that's completely ignorant to code I believe it might be conflicting with the Lovecraftian mod my pawn is already a part of?

The error causes the preacher to never do their job so pawns just endlessly wander in front of the altar waiting for a sermon that never happens.

Cpt.Ohu

Well, it means that there is already another colony event going on, and RW pawns aren't up for multitasking. I'll be less forceful then and not maneuver them into such a psychological impasse.

Quote from: Techgenius on September 05, 2017, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on September 02, 2017, 01:58:38 AM
cut

Toggleable options is good, allowing much more customization whether you want Dark Eldar or any Eldar at all.
Disabling features one by one or enabling all of them, I have several themed mods that would mesh well with the Adeptus Mechanicus functions but not with the 40k entirely. So thats truly appreciated.

Right now it's a factions on or off switch. Doing that for every faction will clutter the options menu and increase the workload, so for now I'd rather leave it like that. The items are still there, especially the Imperial stuff that can be manufactured by your colony.

Cpt.Ohu

Update

Just a few small changes:

• Mechanicum Licences and Xeno Tech added to research tabs. You won't be able to research them normally however.
  • Rebalanced Weapons. With the help from InfinityKage all 40k weapons had their stats tweaked.
  • Fixed the book texture error on restarting the game

InfinityKage

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on September 09, 2017, 05:00:25 AM
Update

Just a few small changes:

• Mechanicum Licences and Xeno Tech added to research tabs. You won't be able to research them normally however.
  • Rebalanced Weapons. With the help from InfinityKage all 40k weapons had their stats tweaked.
  • Fixed the book texture error on restarting the game

I was happy to help. I'll be giving it a try real soon.

InfinityKage

Ok. After messing around a bit a few things I would do.

Increase the accuracy of the exitus rifle just a tiny tiny bit. Maybe 95 at mid and 78 at long.

Rework the Melta into one of two forms. Either add spread somehow like maybe a small explosion at impact point or make it a continuous laser. Obviously if you make it a continuous laser the damage would have to be reworked. Like 20 damage a sec maybe.

Also I don't see the deathspinner. Did you remove it?

InfinityKage

In the end I crashed to desktop.

Here is the output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2au4bwvkqtp8uyw/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm not good with reading these but it says I ran out of memory? Not sure what that means.

kangsi

I made a testing with altar outside of room. They are working without issues, the preacher goes to place corrretly and the worshippers to. I suggest players try it.

sirskips

This mod is very memory heavy. Try to cut down on that in some way I know music files take up allot of room. Does this have any if so thinking about removing those is a good place to start for free up some memory. I had a question about how you do Orc and Elf factions. I dont see there bases on the map do you use a modified version of faction discovery in this and if so will it conflict with faction discovery it messes with hidden bases.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25159.0