[1.3] Mechanoids Extraordinaire (v1.3.2) - (21.07.2021 - Update #7)

Started by Spino, August 10, 2017, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Crawler with pistoles or SMG, 1/4 of the cost/Hp points of a scyther !
Or with sucide bombs! :-)

noooooo

Mechanoids Extraordinaire is now compatible with Combat Extended  1.6 ;)

Kori

Quote from: noooooo on September 23, 2017, 04:24:51 PM
Mechanoids Extraordinaire is now compatible with Combat Extended  1.6 ;)

Source please?

edit: Just noticed the new compatibility files, but wonder why there was no hint about this..

LordMunchkin

tetkris

Za mocni ci mechy :D Rozwalili mi save bo nie byłem przygotowany na tak zmasowany atak XD

Kori

Is anyone playing this mod with CE?

Because I tried to and even though I like this mod and the new mechanoids a lot, I unfortunately had to disable it. :(

Reason: it's just too difficult, I'd even say IMPOSSIBLE (almost). They way how CE changes the combat system, making it much more dangerous and deadly for the pawns, makes the new mechanoids and their weapons absolutely OP!
Whenever a group of them appears on the map, an unstoppable wave of fire, death and destruction overruns my base until everything is dead or destroyed. The vanilla mechanoids (even lots of them) are a piece of cake compared to them.

Could you please add some kind of difficulty setting (less HP, weaker weapons, lower chance for super deadly weapons..) that can be lowered for CE-users? If such a mod setting is too much work, maybe an alternative version?

noooooo

Quote from: Kori on October 16, 2017, 02:09:43 PM

Because I tried to and even though I like this mod and the new mechanoids a lot, I unfortunately had to disable it. :(

Reason: it's just too difficult, I'd even say IMPOSSIBLE (almost). They way how CE changes the combat system, making it much more dangerous and deadly for the pawns, makes the new mechanoids and their weapons absolutely OP!
Whenever a group of them appears on the map, an unstoppable wave of fire, death and destruction overruns my base until everything is dead or destroyed. The vanilla mechanoids (even lots of them) are a piece of cake compared to them.

Could you please add some kind of difficulty setting (less HP, weaker weapons, lower chance for super deadly weapons..) that can be lowered for CE-users? If such a mod setting is too much work, maybe an alternative version?

That'll have to be done on CE's end since the patch is within the CE files and the intention of the patch was to make everything as consistent with CE's mechanoids as possible, taking into consideration all of CE's features.

I wouldn't mind making an easier version soon, we'll see.

Muffalo Wool

Quote from: Kori on October 16, 2017, 02:09:43 PM

I stopped playing CE for this reason. Only thing that works against them is target breaking. When a mech raid happens, I spend 90% of the fight pausing and looking at the mech's warmups because like hell I'm gonna let them fire. Letting them fire is instadeath/down 90% of of the time, especially miniguns.  Minigun deals like 30-something damage per bullet, inferno cannon deals 100 damage, to name a few.  Combat isn't as enjoyable with CE.

Nameless

Bradley_

Nameless

Zookes

Maybe it will, Nameless, maybe it will...

But until it is, maybe you'd like some DELICIOUS CANDY in the meantime? It's free! Just get in the van or click the link below!

https://mega.nz/#!RKRWBZzL!KMoSEZ-HI1pKkig61JeLFCZVxOdvRakrLGO3tlHDF-s

(unofficial mechanoids extraordinaire update is in the van- I mean mega link)

Spino

Sorry about the slight delay, here be the update!

Changelog:
   - the mod is now compatible with Rimworld Beta 18,
   - reduced the range of the grenade launcher.

Enjoy!

Nameless