[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I use stack merger and extended storage too, i have no lag spikes or freezes.
These problems must be from other mod, or in combinations with others.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: damngrl on October 02, 2017, 06:13:37 PM
I'm afraid I longer can play with this QOL mod.

Would you mind uploading your save game somewhere, so that I can fiddle around with it a bit and try to figure out the cause of your issues? Also, just to be certain, the output_log.txt. And if you're using odd versions of mods (e.g. not the steam workshop versions), a copy of those as well.

Thanks!

PreDiabetic

I started new save without mod (deleted old save) but I'll sure to include mod on my next play-through and send you save with output file.

Fluffy (l2032)

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 20, 2017, 08:49:25 AM
@sai05; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725234314 that should give you an idea ;). Please don't copy/paste the whole log, but put it online somewhere I can find it.

@Kadian; Ah, I assumed none of the floors were working. Stuffed Floors doesn't automatically make all floors use the stuffing system, I've added a few common floors from vanilla and popular mods, but there are other floor mods out there - it looks like HCSK might be using some of them. Either the author of HCSK or of the original mods would have to make a few modifications to support stuffed floors.

For the record, the way this works is not the same as normal stuff. Floors, unlike furniture and constructions, don't normally allow for a type of stuff. So instead of having one definition for 'wall' that has a variable called 'material' (stuff), floors have a hardcoded material. The way Stuffed Floors works is that it dynamically generates floors for different 'floortype'/material combos, and then uses Architect Sense to group the similar floors together, and give the buttons the same look and feel as walls. In order to support Stuffed Floors, mods would have to add such a floorTypeDef.

I heard about stuffed floors, but still not implemented in HcSk. It's a require lot of work, maybe in the future the players will see it.

Luckspeare

EDIT: I had the same problem Faltonico did before (see the post I quote below), and thought it was an incompatibility between Colony Manager and Razzle Dazzle.  I have since discovered it seems to be caused by a bug in Razzle Dazzle -- one of his base ThingDefs is missing the Abstract="True" def, and it seems to cause the slew of errors only under certain conditions (I started seeing it again after inserting Medieval Times anywhere into my mod load order).

So, long story short, it's not a problem with Fluffy's mod -- it's a problem with Razzle Dazzle.

Quote from: faltonico on August 19, 2017, 08:53:11 AM
For some reason, when loading the mod "RazzleDazzle" after Colony manager, i get and error about an exception from an asynchronous event and get spammed with errors about not finding Human_Meat and Megaspider_Meat (with only Core, HugsLib, Colony Manager and RazzleDazzle).
The really weird thing is that i am using those mods in that same order on a copy of the game in another folder with another hefty list of mods in-between and i don't get that error! o.O
Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GraphicData.CopyFrom (Verse.GraphicData other) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThingDefGenerator_Buildings.NewBlueprintDef_Thing (Verse.ThingDef def, Boolean isInstallBlueprint, Verse.ThingDef normalBlueprint) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThingDefGenerator_Buildings+<ImpliedBlueprintAndFrameDefs>c__Iterator72.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateConcatIterator>c__Iterator1`1[Verse.ThingDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateConcatIterator>c__Iterator1`1[Verse.ThingDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.DefGenerator.GenerateImpliedDefs_PreResolve () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.DoPlayLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.LoadAllPlayData (Boolean recovering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

I made sure the mods were updated and were the same on both copies of the game.
I attached the log in case you are interested.

Canute

Fluffy,
do you need to have the numeric priorities activ that these work ?
I recently notice that when just switch to on/off view the numeric priorities don't get incount. Is this a bug or working by design ?

faltonico

Quote from: Luckspeare on October 05, 2017, 02:07:34 AM
EDIT: I had the same problem Faltonico did before (see the post I quote below), and thought it was an incompatibility between Colony Manager and Razzle Dazzle.  I have since discovered it seems to be caused by a bug in Razzle Dazzle -- one of his base ThingDefs is missing the Abstract="True" def, and it seems to cause the slew of errors only under certain conditions (I started seeing it again after inserting Medieval Times anywhere into my mod load order).

So, long story short, it's not a problem with Fluffy's mod -- it's a problem with Razzle Dazzle.
Thank you for checking that out.
I didn't imagine it could be an abstract problem.

CannibarRechter

Saw the Abstract discussion in passing, and just wanted to mention that while it used to be required to include Core abstract classes with the mod, now it no longer is; in fact it is probably inadvisable.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Luckspeare on October 08, 2017, 02:50:59 PM
I have been getting slews of weird errors under certain circumstances when loading Razzle Dazzle into my mod loadout.  In one situation, I would get them if Fluffy's Colony Manager is loaded before Razzle Dazzle, and in another I would get them if Medieval Times is loaded in the same loadout as Razzle Dazzle at all.

I know little about RW modding, but I believe I may have discovered the problem, and it's easy to fix.

In the mod's RazzleDazzleA17/defs/ThingDefs/RAZ_Buildings.xml file, he defines a base ThingDef for his other buildings called "PerformanceBuildingBase".

As far as I've seen poking around in the thingdefs for other mods, every Base must have the Abstract="True" tag in its ThingDef line.  PerformanceBuildingBase does not have this tag:

<ThingDef Name="PerformanceBuildingBase" ParentName="BenchBase" Class="RazzleDazzle.PerformanceVenueDef">

However, when I add it so it looks like this:

<ThingDef Name="PerformanceBuildingBase" ParentName="BenchBase" Class="RazzleDazzle.PerformanceVenueDef" Abstract="True">

...  the errors disappear and I have no problem running Razzle Dazzle alongside the other mods.

So, if you're getting these weird errors (most of them involving meat) when Razzle Dazzle is loaded, this is possibly the problem.

It's no problem of including core classes or not, it is an oversight in the definition of RazzleDazzles Base Class.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

giannikampa

I'm really appreciating most of theese mods, tnx Fluffy
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

NemesisN

Is there a way something I can change to expand blueprint copy range to as much as I like ?

I had a mod conflict issue need to start over and I really don't want to lose my base design but I can't copy the entire base only smaller sections

I was hoping to copy paste my entire base using dev tool on a new game
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Fluffy (l2032)

@giannikampa; awesome, glad to hear that! :)
@NemesisN; sadly, no, not really. The size is a (hardcoded) limitation of the vanilla selection tool, not something I can easily work around.

If I did try to work around it (should be possible with a Harmony patch or two), it would apply to all designators. I don't want to sneak something like that into a seemingly unrelated mod, as it might cause issues down the line.

Moral of the story, it's a slightly tricky and low priority task for me, but if I were to do it, I'd make a separate mini-mod so users know what they're installing. That also means any other modder familiar with harmony could create such a mod.

Fluffy (l2032)

For those who weren't aware yet; almost all of my mods are ready for A18. Click the little box icon () next to the mod to go to the GitHub releases page, where A18 versions will be marked as pre-releases.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 02, 2017, 06:52:04 AM
For those who weren't aware yet; almost all of my mods are ready for A18. Click the little box icon () next to the mod to go to the GitHub releases page, where A18 versions will be marked as pre-releases.

Thanks Fluffy! Was going to thank you a couple days ago but didn't know if you wanted them mentioned publicly or not yet