[A17] Scenario Events not happening (also, rarely any Raids)

Started by DestroyX, October 03, 2017, 04:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyX

Heya, loooong time not posted here!

I got a rather weird problem with A17 at the moment.
With the scenario editor you can create incidents every x days, which works without any issues, at least the first couple days.
However, in multiple games they just stop at a certain point, for whatever reason (seemingly the same with regular raids)

So i started another game later, with raids every 4 and a tradeship every 3 days, worked like a charm at first, however, that kinda broke down at day.

And yes, i have some mods installed, but none of them fiddle with raids, error log also doesnt show anything preventing raids.

History tab for reference:

https://prnt.sc/gsmtz2

Would be really nice if someone could look into that, because it totally breaks custom challenges :/

edit: eh, link not working with IMG, attaching it

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

PatrykSzczescie

Pick greater difficulty than "Peaceful" while changing AI storyteller.

CannibarRechter

BTW, Re: "I have some mods installed, but none of them fiddle with raids," I have seen conditions arise in mods, themselves having nothing to do with raids, somehow nevertheless disabling all raids. The first question I would ask is are there any errors in your error log at all, and if so, what?
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SpaceDorf

Maybe it is the "Ancient Mechanoid"-Bug.

Did the naming event of your colony occur ?
And do you have unopened Ancient Dangers ?

It is a know bug in A17 that Mechanoids in Ancient Danger block the Colony Naming event when it should occur which itselfs blocks several other conditional events. ( Elections from the Leadership Mod for example )
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Mihsan

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 05, 2017, 12:18:58 PMIt is a know bug in A17 that Mechanoids in Ancient Danger block the Colony Naming event when it should occur which itselfs blocks several other conditional events. ( Elections from the Leadership Mod for example )

Wow. I just deleted a save file with such error. There was also constant income of friendlies (~ once in 1-2 seasons) on my map while there was no known enemy to help against. I have no mods at all by the way.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

NeverPire

Quote from: Mihsan on October 05, 2017, 06:06:52 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 05, 2017, 12:18:58 PMIt is a know bug in A17 that Mechanoids in Ancient Danger block the Colony Naming event when it should occur which itselfs blocks several other conditional events. ( Elections from the Leadership Mod for example )

Wow. I just deleted a save file with such error. There was also constant income of friendlies (~ once in 1-2 seasons) on my map while there was no known enemy to help against. I have no mods at all by the way.
To fix this kind of issue, just open the ancient danger and kill mechanoids.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

DestroyX

Heya, answering back, actually wanted to do this yesterday but i totally forgot about that^^

Quote from: PatrykSzczescie on October 04, 2017, 06:51:33 AM
Pick greater difficulty than "Peaceful" while changing AI storyteller.

Did that, doesnt help, cant be that easy :D

Quote from: CannibarRechter on October 05, 2017, 08:25:56 AM
BTW, Re: "I have some mods installed, but none of them fiddle with raids," I have seen conditions arise in mods, themselves having nothing to do with raids, somehow nevertheless disabling all raids. The first question I would ask is are there any errors in your error log at all, and if so, what?

Also no on that one, had this kinda issue before, so thats pretty much what i check first now^^

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 05, 2017, 12:18:58 PM
Maybe it is the "Ancient Mechanoid"-Bug.

Did the naming event of your colony occur ?
And do you have unopened Ancient Dangers ?

It is a know bug in A17 that Mechanoids in Ancient Danger block the Colony Naming event when it should occur which itselfs blocks several other conditional events. ( Elections from the Leadership Mod for example )

Okay, i did not know about that one at all, thats really weird.

But... explains why my colony never got a name in another save...
and generally, nothing at all >.>

Gotta check there is an ancient danger left when i'm home, really good to know tho!

Although, in my opinion, nothing should ever EVER block out any events i set to occur in the scenario.
Those should be fix, no matter what, else it completely takes away the point.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DestroyX on October 06, 2017, 02:49:12 AM
Gotta check there is an ancient danger left when i'm home, really good to know tho!
Thats the beauty about vanilla bugs : ;D

Quote from: DestroyX on October 06, 2017, 02:49:12 AM
Although, in my opinion, nothing should ever EVER block out any events i set to occur in the scenario. Those should be fix, no matter what, else it completely takes away the point.
Thats why it is a bug and not a feature  ::)

DestroyX

"Thats why it is a bug and not a feature"

Of course^^
What i want to say tho that (at least seemingly, correct me if i'm wrong) technically, all kinds of events could block others this way.

Got a raid already?
Guess your scheduled one isnt coming then, even tho you wanted it like that!

Something happening right now?
Guess the scheduled trade caravan isnt coming then!

Again, correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i'm getting right now, thats basically what happens at the moment

DestroyX

Just want to give an update real quick, i can verify that certain events seemingly dont end and therefore block everything else.

Switched around my storyteller alot and got help from allies instantly, which indicates there is still something going on.

There was nothing on the map tho, so... no way to get rid of it -> restart

In the next game i actually had the mechanoid bug, where nothing spawned because of them.
I was under the impression that this would only happen when i got the "ancient danger" message, however, doesnt seem this way.

When i attacked them, i immediately got to name my colony after the fight.

NeverPire

To easily locate the ancient danger related with this issue, you can simply place a mortar and a pawn to move it and it will automatically fire to its location.

Simply because you are considered "on war" with these mechanoids.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DestroyX on October 06, 2017, 04:14:16 AM

What i want to say tho that (at least seemingly, correct me if i'm wrong) technically, all kinds of events could block others this way.

Again, correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i'm getting right now, thats basically what happens at the moment

Thanks for Asking.
You are WRONG !

In the end the Storyteller has power over all the events, and sometimes will not hesitate to send a caravan into a siege just to have both eaten by manhunting boomalopes during a heatwave.

Many Events have a cooldown timer, which prevents them from triggering to often,
also the storyteller has a limit on how many events can happen at the same time or in short succession.
This number can change, through storyteller, difficulty and time.

"planned" events should be excempt from that ..

Also I think this bug has been solved for A18. Please correct me if I am not right.

NeverPire

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 08, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
Also I think this bug has been solved for A18. Please correct me if I am not right.
Perfectly right !
Here is the related thread :
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33345.0

ison

I couldn't reproduce it in A18, could you please check and see if it works fine in A18 once it's out?

SpaceDorf

I have not noticed the bug so far, all my colonies that made it long enough got named.