[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emagmo

Just misclick, edited :D But "Moonshite" would be nice name for this kind of alcohol XD

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Emagmo on September 22, 2017, 05:44:54 AM
- soil in such places is in most cases just sand, under shallow layer of humus

Mushrooms grow there because of the shallow layer of humus and the very controlled and even climate beneath the pine trees.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Emagmo

Of course, almost every plant need humus (there are some exceptions), as it contains minerals required for growth. But there are many types of soil, and this type I was talking about, that one under pine forests (called "fallow soil"), isn't very fertile. So I just said, that mushrooms generally don't require very fertile soil.

Kori

Quote from: Emagmo on September 22, 2017, 05:44:54 AM
Pure ethanol, on the other hand should be hard to produce (in real life it requires muti-step distillation), expensive and also addictive, but it can be used to fight infections (antibiotics are hard to obtain, especially in early game). I would love if you consider adding something like that to your mod ;)

+1
I really like the idea of ethanol to fight infections in the early game until you can produce antibiotics! That's great!
Cheap moonshine also sounds very good, as long as the negative effects aren't over the top (imo a mildly higher addiction rate would be enough).

Jake

I'm a big fan of this mod, to the point where the old "Soda Garden" add-on inspired me to go and hit up Amazon to see if I could try out the more exotic ones in real life. But one thing has always bugged me: The way tea and coffee are handled. Making it in large batches and then sticking it in storage... As a dedicated coffee snob and a stereotypically English tea drinker, this disturbs me at a fundamental level.

Would it be feasible to create a "coffee machine" or "tea urn" building that functions a bit like the nutrient paste dispenser, in that pawns walk up to it and it dispenses tea or coffee while consuming some beans or tea leaves?

Empherasu

I've made a small patch for your mod so Vegetable Garden changes the thingCategories of Animal Feeding - NutriKibble from Foods to AnimalFeed. It's really just a small change so NutriKibble is sorted correctly.
Feel free to add it to your next release.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

BlackCatTheGreat

Probably something that has already been asked, but can you make it so that the Tribal medicine kit counts as the Herbal medicine instead of normal medicine in the medicine priorities tab?? From what i can tell it seems the game takes medicine potency in account instead of being defined in the code or whatever for when medicine should be used. I have plenty of tribal medicine but none of it gets used because normal medicine gets a higher priority in the way it is. I could forbid my medicine stockpiles but i have a semi decent amount were i use it for more normal colonists, but not enough to use Willy Nilly.

Kori

Quote from: BlackCatTheGreat on October 03, 2017, 02:18:11 AM
Probably something that has already been asked, but can you make it so that the Tribal medicine kit counts as the Herbal medicine instead of normal medicine in the medicine priorities tab?? From what i can tell it seems the game takes medicine potency in account instead of being defined in the code or whatever for when medicine should be used. I have plenty of tribal medicine but none of it gets used because normal medicine gets a higher priority in the way it is. I could forbid my medicine stockpiles but i have a semi decent amount were i use it for more normal colonists, but not enough to use Willy Nilly.

What you need is the Mod Medicine Patch.
It will show all additional medicine types in the health tab so you can set tribal medicine kits as default.

BlackCatTheGreat

Divenity

Here to report the issue of: The bulk recipe for tribal med kits requires bandages, but the single craft recipe requires leathers. 

Backstab1993

Hi. First i wanna say that i have really enjoyed your mod. In depth and a variety of stuff to add on really makes it so much better than just making lavish meals. The Depth of gardening tools to farm faster and more efficient. just some great stuff.

That being said, i have finally decided to update to A17 now that most of the mods i use are Updated as well. Ive also gotten some more mods to check out and they are a bit daunting, not to mention additions to mods ive previously used. Due to a major change in the 'colony manager' mod, my play-style has severely shifted. Since i cannot queue up my workstations, my play-style has drastically changed and become much more daunting. Iwas wondering if you have any intentions to make the small standalones like resource plants, and stuff updated to A17? If so would a standalone based around the medicines be plausible/possible?

BlueTressym

Quote from: Jake on September 26, 2017, 01:46:06 AM
I'm a big fan of this mod...
... one thing has always bugged me: The way tea and coffee are handled. Making it in large batches and then sticking it in storage... As ... a stereotypically English tea drinker, this disturbs me at a fundamental level.

Would it be feasible to create a "coffee machine" or "tea urn" building that functions a bit like the nutrient paste dispenser, in that pawns walk up to it and it dispenses tea or coffee while consuming some beans or tea leaves?

Seconding!  I also notice that a "teetotaller" can't drink tea!  This is terrible!  Is there any way to change this?  It just doesn't feel right for someone to see flake and tea as the same "ugh, drugs!"

Canute

Then they need to change that coffee/tea don't give an addiction anymore.

Madman666

I agree. I do see the point in coffee\tea being addictive as you CAN get addicted to coffeine. But thats still at a habit level, that you can shake off without going berserk on every little thing. It should be like chocolate - just give a smallish boost to mood.

RequiemFang

Be nice is Silage could be bulk made like kibble is.