[1.1] Locks

Started by Avius, October 03, 2017, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avius

Quote from: Redfire1200 on October 18, 2017, 05:50:15 AM
Question how do you enable it for prisoners im a bit lost (or stupid)
(Insert meme here)
You need to unlock door, then wait for pawn to "flick" the lock.

Redfire1200

K thx I'll try once I actually get a prisonerright now every one that actually got downed is useless. 

.-.
The Red Empire shall rise, The Red Empire shall grow... POTATOES!!!

viperwasp

Thanks great mod. This was an old suggestion that I asked someone to make. So I'm very glad that you have made this mod.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

NemesisN

This works only with vanilla doors right ?

Because I have doors that are not vanilla and apparently "unlock" door for prisoners does not work the door needs to stay opened they don't use the door. And visitors go trough doors that I set as "Forbid visitors"

The only thing that works is "assign" option
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Avius

Quote from: NemesisN on November 01, 2017, 08:10:19 AM

Because I have doors that are not vanilla and apparently "unlock" door for prisoners does not work the door needs to stay opened they don't use the door. And visitors go trough doors that I set as "Forbid visitors"

"There can be compatibility issues with mods that add custom doors with custom security mechanics."
As long as door don't change mechanics of who can pass through door it should work for them too

Nightinggale

Quote from: NemesisN on November 01, 2017, 08:10:19 AM

If you have encountered a modded door, which doesn't work with locks and you would want it to work, it would be a good idea to mention precisely which door and which mod you are talking about. With a bit of luck, it might turn out that the problem is easily fixable. If not, the button might be easy to remove, making it clear that it will not work. Not telling which door you are talking about will more or less make sure nothing will happen.

Also even if nothing happens, some people (like me) would like to know which specific doors are incompatible with this mod.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

NemesisN

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 01, 2017, 12:14:31 PM
If you have encountered a modded door, which doesn't work with locks and you would want it to work, it would be a good idea to mention precisely which door and which mod you are talking about. With a bit of luck, it might turn out that the problem is easily fixable. If not, the button might be easy to remove, making it clear that it will not work. Not telling which door you are talking about will more or less make sure nothing will happen.

Also even if nothing happens, some people (like me) would like to know which specific doors are incompatible with this mod.

Fences and Floors https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26964.0
Clutter Mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17610.0

I also use Diamond walls and doors and glass doors mod but I don't think that changes anything

YES....Clutter Mod -> Door Stuff has his own locking system so it collides with this mod...shame I really like those reinforced doors....but locks mod is lot better option
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Nightinggale

Since the problem is the DLL file in Clutter Mod, the solution has to do with Clutter Mod as well. Now I asked for a reinforced door mod without the DLL stuff. A brief look in the mod indicates any xml modder should be able to make that in a short amount of time.

Since we now have a name for an incompatible mod, I will point out it's a case like this I wrote ModCheck for (well one of the cases). It could be added to Locks and it will display an error if loaded together with Clutter "The Door Stuff"
Since the error is fixable (or will be fixable?) by using the non-lock Clutter Mod, it would make sense to use a custom error message for that. However I didn't add support for that because I didn't think of the need until right now  :-[
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

NemesisN

is there a way to disable the locks on clutter doors without removing the "door stuff" mod from modlist ?

I removed it but can't load my map without it....I did replace all custom doors with regular doors before removing the mod but still can't load

Avius

Oh I've actually know Clutter mod incompatibility. It's on TO-DO list. I'm going back to modding after alpha 18 or maybe earlier if I got any inspiration.

Sorry guys for "you need to wait" message but this is how it is for now.

SzQ

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Avius

Canute

Does exist a mod community outside the forum, yeah maybe i think i heared about some steam workshop, but never investigate that rumor so far ! :-)

minakurafto

can lock be assigned to prisoner too? maybe it works in reverse, like allow prisoner to pass while lock is on.
and button to select all in set owner menu / make menu that exclude some pawn as it useful when locking out a few certain drug addict pawn from drug warehouse

mmance

I just want to say thank you.  You have kept the visitors out of my fridge.  You are awesome.