Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on June 03, 2014, 11:42:59 PM
Weeds! Something that can grow alongside other plants, and can lengthen growing time or kill off agricultural plants. Weeding would be a default task for growing zones, so growing food would take more dedication than "put plant in ground and wait".

Also, a "cut grass" designation would be nice. I often want to get rid of grass in preference to other plants, but designating all those lone shoots of grass can be kind of tedious.

Or a Cut Zone where toy can make a Bill that selects what to cut?
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

UrbanBourbon

(there's an image in this post but you can't see it because you're not logged in)
In reference to this thread:
'How do you interpret the "Thoughts" screen'
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3827.0
If one person asks, there's gotta be a 1000 more who are equally confused by it.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

nacker1776

Research for Stronger Turrets more HP.
Research Turrets longer range.
A way to change the Colonists clothes.

Mattk50

-some raiders might turn on their group if they see they are losing, to try to join you. maybe a new "surrender" thing instead of just getting gunned down on the run.

-trading too much could make your presence more known to pirates

Nasikabatrachus

I feel the game needs a non-electric alternative to cook stoves: a solar flare followed by an eclipse can shut down a colony's food production for a while, as things stand. I suggest that an alternate work table with recipes that consume logs as well as food (i.e. you burn the logs to cook the food, wild idea right?) to create meals be implemented.

I actually made a little mod to do this myself, but apparently pawns don't like it when one of the ingredients in their meal is a log. http://puu.sh/9fiWO/53bce20d73.png

Kubouch

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on June 04, 2014, 06:03:58 PM
I feel the game needs a non-electric alternative to cook stoves: a solar flare followed by an eclipse can shut down a colony's food production for a while, as things stand. I suggest that an alternate work table with recipes that consume logs as well as food (i.e. you burn the logs to cook the food, wild idea right?) to create meals be implemented.

I actually made a little mod to do this myself, but apparently pawns don't like it when one of the ingredients in their meal is a log. http://puu.sh/9fiWO/53bce20d73.png

I like this. Actually it would be cool to have a campfire for an early game cooking and morale boost. It would be slow and consume logs. Hand sawmill -> electric sawmill => we need campfire -> cook stove.

Kian

An alcohol still:

Converts potatoes to vodka
Raises happiness
Lowers productivity
(Future uses of alcohol could include liquid fuel for vehicles / molotov cocktails / backup generators / other industrial applications)

Gerblemcriberle0

Guard Duties, Guard Patrols, And Military Job

We can draft people, but our draftees cant live, and if we leave them long enough they starve to death:

But some places I NEED a guard, so just enable needs for soldiers that are met in a reasonable fashion (like when its urgent, with maybe settings for Discpline levels or training levels that determine how effective people are at their jobs. And give them "Military/Drafted routines for the days" so setting up a patrol or a guard station, will automatically take anyone who is drafted, otherwise they will go to any available bed and use it as a barrack and walk around with their weapon out doing a passive simple draftee job.

So to recap:

1. Add military orders, guard/patrol path.

2. Allow people who are drafted to live.

max97

How about a lake? that would be interesting and could, some day, include fishing and boats.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on June 04, 2014, 06:03:58 PM

Good idea :)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Kian on June 05, 2014, 12:13:58 PM
An alcohol still:

Converts potatoes to vodka
Raises happiness
Lowers productivity
(Future uses of alcohol could include liquid fuel for vehicles / molotov cocktails / backup generators / other industrial applications)

That would be cool too, and maybe once traits have an effect we could have alcoholics who need alcohol to work effectively (like dwarf fortress dwarfs)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Morrigi

Grain. We have strawberries and potatoes, but no corn? No wheat or barley? NO BEER?! There's not even anything to make sugar from, no wonder the space rum is always gone..

ValsNoisyToys

* It would be so handy if, when you are in the overview screen, you had either a visual indicator or text available on mouse over that showed if the colonist has a learning buff because they like that task.  Right now I have to keep closing the overview window, open the character sheet for the appropriate character, reopen the overview window, then assign tasks based on their loves and likes.  Another possibility is to allow you to open the character sheet while in the overview page (keeping the overview page open and in focus as well) - maybe a small button beside the character name?

* A way to cycle through the colonists while in the main play screen - maybe forward/back buttons located beside the "cycle through the cell contents" down arrows (in the panel in the lower left hand side of the screen).

Anrock

Option to make colonists paths visible even when they are not selected.
(by "path" i mean that white line that shows where colonist is going when he is selected).
Further improvements:
- Overhead bubble with pictogram showing what colonist is going to do. Like ".zZ" - going to bed, fork and knive - going to eat, hammer - building something etc. Also, happy\sad thoughts or reactions like "hungry", "seen corpse".
- Show item that colonist is hauling. Could be implemented like small size sprite of carried item near hands.

Aenir

It'd be nice if "-" and "+" decreased and increased the speed setting, in addition to spacebar pausing/unpausing.