[B18] Nature's Pretty Sweet: Weather and Environment Mod

Started by tkkntkkn, November 25, 2017, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkkntkkn

Just finished redoing how frost is handled. Looks like that issue is much better.

voodoo6358

Great! This mod is quickly becoming a must-have for me, it really makes things more alive.

Sniper Pilot

kamuii

This mod is so awesome! Playing with it adds a whole new aspect to the game. Putting this on my must have list.

GrimTrigger

Does anyone know if the anomaly where water turns to mud has been sorted out?  Had a swamp play through where all of the random swamp water turned to mud / sand.

Heni

Man, i am near the fall, when start to rain and the soil get a 200% bonus i think " i need to kiss that guy" hahahaha (kidding). Nice work man, i am still searching for bugs, the only i have saw is that rain for 2 days here and have parts of the soil that dont get wet, i dont know why.

Mzxs

So a few things about this mod(i really love it) can we get hings to cluster a bit more having these weird dots across the world makes little sense and could we get some volcanic and thermal activity more towards the poles?

Sniper Pilot

A couple of bugs I think, after reloading a save wet sand doesn't go back to dry sand, and ice doesn't melt ie a frozen lake when it's 150 degrees out. It seems to only happen after a reload of the save.

Sefiriot

Hey, spun up a quick test map and embarked on a boreal forest map. As soon as the map loads, soil, rich soil and rough slate terrain starts disappearing to be replaced by sand. No weather conditions such as rain were active. Here's a link to a videograb of my screen at the time: https://www.dropbox.com/s/osbyvltpp5z3lvz/RimWorld%20by%20Ludeon%20Studios%2012_1_2017%201_19_41%20AM.mp4?dl=0

Active modlist in play, with 226 mods active: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pj38xiznlx7by6i/modlist_01122017.txt?dl=0

Did another test spin, these errors are popping up in the output:
XML Verse.TerrainDef defines the same field twice: affordances.

Field contents: UndefinedUndefined.

Whole XML:

<TerrainDef><defName>Mud</defName><label>mud</label><texturePath>Terrain/Surfaces/Mud</texturePath><edgeType>FadeRough</edgeType><renderPrecedence>330</renderPrecedence><pathCost>12</pathCost><statBases><Beauty>-2</Beauty><Cleanliness>-2</Cleanliness></statBases><terrainFilthDef>FilthDirt</terrainFilthDef><fertility>0</fertility><takeFootprints>True</takeFootprints><acceptFilth>false</acceptFilth><avoidWander>true</avoidWander><driesTo>Soil</driesTo><modExtensions><li Class="TKKN_NPS.TerrainWeatherReactions"><alertOnLoad>False</alertOnLoad><tideTerrain /><floodTerrain /><wetTerrain>WaterShallow</wetTerrain><freezeTerrain>TKKN_MuddyIce</freezeTerrain><freezeAt /><wetAt>1</wetAt><isSalty>False</isSalty><holdFrost>True</holdFrost></li></modExtensions><affordances><li>Light</li><li>Undefined</li></affordances><affordances><li>Undefined</li><li>Undefined</li></affordances></TerrainDef>

TatiannaWS

I started a game in the Redwood biome, very exciting. When it rained parts of my creek and a TON of the map tuned to wet sand. Then when it stopped raining, the sand dried, killing off a lot of the plant life, including the massive redwoods. I'm assuming that's a bug?

Screenshot: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/859489146940412176/748C5C8BD0D03C8926B32D240C966327520F92C4/

GrimTrigger

Current game is throwing one error every tick... here is the error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GridsUtility.GetTerrain (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.cellData.get_currentTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.cellData.setTerrain (System.String type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.doCellEnvironment (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.checkRandomTerrain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TKKN_NPS.Watcher.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Any idea what the cause is?  Fix?
Edit:  Turns out when I turn off weather effects (essentially turning the mod off) it stops. 

kamuii

Mod is awesome. Now all we need is a build-able piece of furniture called a sprinkler which when connected with a water source does the opposite of the moisture pump to create the wet terrain you made with this mod for farming. :)

blizzardwolf420

Quote from: TatiannaWS on December 03, 2017, 11:53:44 AM
I started a game in the Redwood biome, very exciting. When it rained parts of my creek and a TON of the map tuned to wet sand. Then when it stopped raining, the sand dried, killing off a lot of the plant life, including the massive redwoods. I'm assuming that's a bug?

Screenshot: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/859489146940412176/748C5C8BD0D03C8926B32D240C966327520F92C4/

Im getting this too, makes growing nearly impossible without constant rain

Warforyou

Everything getting "wet" stays "wet" forever if I reload that save...
Not that I mind much but you can't build anything on "wet sand". Sure it spams errors every tick ever since...