[Mod Tool request] Loot for rimworld

Started by Seeker89, November 28, 2017, 06:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker89

LOOT is a Load Order Optimisation Tool for TES V: Skyrim, fallout and other games. As mod order is important and it can take a lot of time to get everything right. How hard would it be to make something like this for Rimworld?

https://loot.github.io/ Webside

https://github.com/loot Code

Seeker

dburgdorf

Quote from: Seeker89 on November 28, 2017, 06:17:03 AMAs mod order is important....

Now that most mods use XML patches instead of overwrites, and utilize the Harmony library instead of code detours, mod order is significantly less important than it used to be in the pre-a17 days.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Nightinggale

QuoteWhile sorting, LOOT checks for load order errors (such as incompatibilities and missing requirements) and notifies you of any issues that it detects.
ModCheck can be used to display errors on missing mods, incompatible and incorrect order. However it's not automatic as such. Instead the mod creator has to fill in xml data to tell what is required. It's my impression that it's mainly used make a mod able to patch itself if a certain other mod is loaded, such as a mod with animals will apply a patch only if A Dog Said is loaded.

While it sounds cool to have auto detection of conflicts and missing stuff, I won't code it into ModCheck. It's intentionally small, written for speed and is intended to help make game startup faster, not slower as such a complex automatic detection would result in.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

SpaceDorf

What is an importent feature of LOOT is the mod compability check.

But this allready exists here

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.