[1.3] [KV] Weapon Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 05, 2017, 05:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchiveruti

Hey Kiame can I ask that the "mending" patch also works for this mod?
Maybe use modCheck to see if your own mod is installed and activated and run the patch for the Weapon Storage.
As right now, I need to "take the weapons out" in order to repair them in the mending table. So it would be nice to have them directly out of the gun storage.
Thanks!

Canute

frenchiveruti,
did you allready build a
QuoteRepair Attachment
-Build Menu: Misc
-Size: 1x1
-Cost: 250 steel + 6 components + 20 wood/stone/steel
-Energy: 10 W (not in use) or 1000 W (in use)
-Place within 6 squares of a Weapon Storage to have weapons automatically repaired
-Research Required: Mending & Multi-Analyzer
-Mending Mod not required (highly recommended though)
??

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Canute on December 17, 2017, 04:01:12 PM
frenchiveruti,
did you allready build a
QuoteRepair Attachment
-Build Menu: Misc
-Size: 1x1
-Cost: 250 steel + 6 components + 20 wood/stone/steel
-Energy: 10 W (not in use) or 1000 W (in use)
-Place within 6 squares of a Weapon Storage to have weapons automatically repaired
-Research Required: Mending & Multi-Analyzer
-Mending Mod not required (highly recommended though)
??
Ah yes I know that there's a repair attachment, but those buggers consume 1k of power and I'm not anywhere near that!
As the Change Dresser includes the ability to take out the clothing automatically for mending I thought it could be the same for this Mod.

Kiame

here's my newbness... i thought mending was only for apparel!

Let me double check and i'll get that function added over to this

Kiame

Update:
-When a pawn is downed, the weapon in use will be remembered and re-equipped when the pawn is healed.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Kiame on December 21, 2017, 10:17:13 PM
Update:
-When a pawn is downed, the weapon in use will be remembered and re-equipped when the pawn is healed.
Yay! Thanks! This is awesome.

Kiame

Update:
-Stored weapons will now be available when forming caravans

Note: Until the pawns in the caravan either exit the map or are told to cancel the caravan, the weapons will remain scattered around the storage.
If something goes wrong and the items are not collected, let me know and click the "Collect" button on the storage.

As of now if the Cancel button is used from the Form Caravan window, the weapons will not be collected. This will likely remain the case for the time being due to limitations in modding tools. This can be fixed by either using the Collect button or forming another caravan and either allow it to leave the map or cancel the caravan

Kiame

Update:
-Stored Weapons can now be used in bills

frenchiveruti

Kiame

Update:
-Fixed an issue where Reset on a trade window would cause stored items to no longer be shown

Harry_Dicks

What does the mod option "Show weapon when not drafted" do? I thought it meant show the weapon on the pawn, but that didn't work for me. Am I misinterpreting it, or do I need to restart once the option is enabled? One more thing, if it was meant to show the weapon on the pawn when not drafted, do you think we could have a list of what weapons to show and not show, like how Simple Sidearms has the list in mod options for what will be defined as a sidearm and what isn't? The reason I ask, is because I'm using Right Tool for the Job with Simple Sidearms, and was hoping to only have tools show up when a pawn had them equipped and undrafted. So my miners you could see the pickaxe, constructors with a hammer, etc. I understand that if that was not your intention of the mod, but when I saw the option, it got me very excited, as I was just thinking about how it could show their tools earlier today!

Kiame

The option, when checked, will allow you to switch between weapons when the pawn is not drafted via the buttons at the bottom of the screen. For some mods this is helpful as the pawns switch between different civilian 'weapons' (pickaxes, shovels, etc).

For base game this doesn't do anything else but let you switch between assigned weapons for when the pawn is drafted.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on January 05, 2018, 05:15:34 PM
The option, when checked, will allow you to switch between weapons when the pawn is not drafted via the buttons at the bottom of the screen. For some mods this is helpful as the pawns switch between different civilian 'weapons' (pickaxes, shovels, etc).

For base game this doesn't do anything else but let you switch between assigned weapons for when the pawn is drafted.

Ahh sweet, I understand now, thanks! It would be really, really cool if someone could come up with a way to let pawns auto-swap to certain tools for specific jobs, if they are available in weapon storage or as a sidearm. I don't mind doing it manually, but would be fantastic if it could happen automatically!

Harry_Dicks

On the mod options, there is the option to "Show weapon while not drafted." Do you think there could be a way you could choose what weapons to show? It would be really cool I think, and that way I could have my tools showing, mining pick axe, hammer, axe, batons, non-lethal shotgun (for wardens watching prisoners work the mine) would be really great! I just don't want all weapons to show. Though I suppose with Simple Sidearms, I could just add another slot, and unequip main weapon, or swap weapon into your storage.