How large should bedrooms be?

Started by mattig89ch, January 11, 2018, 10:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on January 12, 2018, 01:07:59 AM
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Room_stats#Space
15-tile bedrooms it is.  Ain't no way I'm spending 30+ tiles of floor-space just to get to the next increment.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Canute

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on January 13, 2018, 04:54:19 AM
15-tile bedrooms it is.  Ain't no way I'm spending 30+ tiles of floor-space just to get to the next increment.
15 is too small, then you just can do it with 6 tile too.
Don't forget you need to substract from the 15, 2 tiles for the bed, 3 tiles for endtable/dresser.
Sure with just the bed only, 15 might work.

Hans Lemurson

Wiki says furniture only subtracts half a tile.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Ser Kitteh

6 by 6 works for me. A double for everyone, a dresser, an end table, sculptures and a light if I'm feeling fancy. A 2x2 table and a chair for greedy colonists or ones far from the kitchen.

Yoshida Keiji

I go 6x7, unless in swamp biomes where rooms will be as close to that as possible but don't mind of smaller due to construction obstructions.

Foefaller

I settled on 5x5 just because. Nice to see I picked a good size for any pawn that isn't jealous or greedy.

TheMeInTeam

16 tiles with flooring gets rid of "awful".  16 tiles with statues can get to "slightly impressive".

Considering space consumption adds up fast this is good enough for me.  I use 2x6 to better allow centralized heating/cooling.

Vlad0mi3r

Now we are getting confused between space and beauty.

A 15 tile room with side table dresser and bed puts you dead on half for the space bar so no plus no minus. The game will tell you its a little tight but as long as your pawn go's outside at some point in their day your fine.

Now add carpets and make sure the furniture is of a good or better quality and hay presto you max out the beauty bar. Which is more important in my opinion as everything in the "natural" world is ugly, grass is ugly, dirt is ugly, trees are ugly, rocks are ugly..... Water isn't which is nice.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

loc978

I've been using 5x6 since Alpha 3... good to see it still fits the bill as the minimum for "average sized". It used to give "spacious interior" back before room type distinctions were a thing.