[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

worldspawn

Quote from: Canute on February 12, 2018, 03:21:36 AM
Quote from: worldspawn on February 11, 2018, 06:09:58 PM
edit: so uh, it strangely doesn't seem to work. I added "Disable Incident" in the editor and chose "Meteorite Impact". Within the first few hours of a new colony I had two impacts, one the SK version where it leaves the small minable meteorite, and another the vanilla "dump a minable patch" that set the forest on fire. Any other ideas?
Don't forget HCSK add own meteor events too, you might just disabled the vanilla one.
Use the dev tools to start incidents, until you identify the named of the ones you don't want.
Then you should be able to deactivate them.

I just ran every event, including ones that shouldn't relate like ebola, and it's definitely "meteorite impact" that causes both types. Disabling it in the scenario editor doesn't work :(

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: worldspawn on February 12, 2018, 08:40:47 PM
I just ran every event, including ones that shouldn't relate like ebola, and it's definitely "meteorite impact" that causes both types. Disabling it in the scenario editor doesn't work :(

I'm not even sure if this is possible, but maybe a mod can re-add back in an event even if you disable it in the scenario editor?

worldspawn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: worldspawn on February 12, 2018, 08:40:47 PM

I'm not even sure if this is possible, but maybe a mod can re-add back in an event even if you disable it in the scenario editor?

Heh, how to disable and re-enable mods one at a time and play new games for several minutes each to see if there's a difference :)

Axebeard

Very possible another mod is adding the meteorites back in, but I looked over the mod list and didn't see anything that even remotely involved incidents. Hopefully this gets resolved, because playing a tribal game with crap falling out of the sky on me every 30 seconds sort of becomes unbearable pretty quick.

Canute

Since the modpack dev's rarely read this topic.
You should ask them at their discord channel about these incident.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Is this compatible with combat extended by chance?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on February 13, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

From the very front page:

Hardcore SK  can be loaded with only 4 activated mods after CORE (minimal comfortable start), in the following order:
Core, Hugslib, AlienRaces, Combat Extended, Core_SK, ResearchPal

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 13, 2018, 05:29:52 PM
Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on February 13, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

From the very front page:
My bad i wasnt paying attention to the mod name. I just wanted the darkest night mod from this but cant find it in the mod list. I might be blind. Came from the one on steam thinking it would take me to the darkest night mod but it brought me to the modpack
Hardcore SK  can be loaded with only 4 activated mods after CORE (minimal comfortable start), in the following order:
Core, Hugslib, AlienRaces, Combat Extended, Core_SK, ResearchPal
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Harry_Dicks

Darkest Night mod is included in this mod pack. There's the one that makes the nights very, very dark. I use it myself and love it. There's also the one that has the event where the monsters come from the dark, and will "drag your colonists off into the night." Sounds spooky! :P

Mechanoid Hivemind

I just want the one with the monsters. Also forgive me its been a while since ive been here. I prefer steam where i just click a button and have a mod ready :P Can i download just the one with the monsters?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on February 13, 2018, 06:19:11 PM
Can i download just the one with the monsters?

If you want that mod only out of this entire mod pack, then sure you can try. I think you will get some errors though. It might be because the creatures that come to you require Combat Extended, not sure. I remember trying it myself, without HCSK or CE, and I was getting errors.

These errors are related to the "tools" that these darkness creatures use to attack you, I believe. I also think all of this relates to how CE changes a lot of stuff, and that's why it may be required. Either way, if you are determined enough, you can get it to work I'm sure ;)

If you want to do all of this off of Steam, just download HCSK like normal, and extract it to wherever, even your desktop. Then go in and open up the mod folder, and you will see the different mods within the pack. You can take them out and put them in your regular RimWorld mods folder, and then activate them in game. Be warned, you will get some erros if this was what you were attempting to do. Some of them aren't too bad. For example I took the Colony Leadership mod out of it, and the only thing I had to do was remove plastic as one of the building materials for a ballot box. So I can't remember what, if any issues were with the mod you want, except for their tools or something like that. If that's the case, then you will need to go in and fix these critter's anatomy defs or tools defs or something.

If you are trying to use HardcoreSK without one of the darkness mods, then you can try disabling either one, and I'm fairly confident it will work. Because I think one of them only changes how light is actually displayed to the player, and the other one only adds in the event for the dark critters attacking you. Also you should be able to disable either of them, because I am remembering they were "there own mods" within this pack.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Ah right, looks like im gonna get the mod pack then

Mechanoid Hivemind

Nother question, why in the work tab does the text not exist? there is literally no text telling me whats what.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on February 14, 2018, 02:54:41 PM
Nother question, why in the work tab does the text not exist? there is literally no text telling me whats what.

As in there is a bug on the work tab? Did you make sure you specifically followed all of the exact instructions for this mod pack, and don't have any other mods running?

Because from what I have seen, no one else has posted about this issue, and since you have just starting using the mod, I'm guessing you might have had an installation problem. Remember that this is a very big mod pack, and that's why it has specific instructions for it, like how you need to setup the custom config files or something I believe. Anyway, it's not just "download, install to mods folder, activate in game and play" you have to make sure you do everything in the instructions or you can have issues.

I don't actually use the mod pack myself, so I'm only trying to go off of what I can only guess what you're encountering :)

Mechanoid Hivemind

Followed it to a T, deleted everything i had/unsubbed, deleted everything where the xml file needed to go and all the mods where already ticked so. Im not sure what else i needed to do

EDIT: Fixed it, it was some kinda setting in the mod options