[B19] Wild Animal Sex 3.2 - Now it just feels... natural....~

Started by WalkingProblem, December 07, 2017, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The13thRonin

How fast does the population explode and how much FPS death is involved?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: The13thRonin on March 10, 2018, 05:52:16 PM
How fast does the population explode and how much FPS death is involved?

What is FPS?

Anyway you should just play and try. Because it depends largely on how the game go, how you play and what animal is on the map.

Canute

I think he mean "How much your mod would cause the game to be laggy".
But since this is a relation between map size and mod option, a 100% accurate answer can't be given.

Modo44

I'm fairly certain colony female animals are getting pregnant from thin air when this mod is active. To reproduce, get any single female, and wait a couple (dozen) of days. I've had elk and muffalo do this so far.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Modo44 on March 12, 2018, 03:33:38 PM
I'm fairly certain colony female animals are getting pregnant from thin air when this mod is active. To reproduce, get any single female, and wait a couple (dozen) of days. I've had elk and muffalo do this so far.

@Modo44 - I am very sure in my codes, there is nothing that made them get pregnant from thin air. LOL~ 

Just in case you dunno, tamed animals can mate with wild animals (they will seek each other out). Traders and visitors who bring their own animals will also mate with the wild animals and your tamed animals.

Thorbane

This mod is incompatible with Fluffy's Birds and Bees mod, males with no fertility will get stuck in an infinite loop of trying to mate with a female.

Windsilk

Could you add text to the mod options screen that shows the actual number limits of the different tiers of population limits?

I just started a new game on a 400x400 map, I didn't do much hunting and about a year in I started noticed my crop fields being eaten a little too much. I took a look around the map and noticed critters everywhere, mostly assorted rodents.

So I looked in the mod settings and blindly changed it to 2, which gave me a pop up saying predators are spawning due to too much prey. I went back to managing my mountain bunker. A few minutes later I noticed a polar bear which was weird since I'm not in the right biome for that. Scrolling around I saw every type of predator imaginable all over. Looking at the tool tip closer I now had 900 some prey animals and 300 or so predators.

This includes 2 lionesses, a tiger, a dire wolf, 3 honey badgers, and 2 fishers right outside my bunker. I quietly set everyone to go harvest what was left of my fields and then went inside and locked the door. I tried to wait the ensuing chaos out. Before long all the prey had been eaten and the predators were turning on themselves, but I was out of food. I unlocked my door and went out to try to farm a bit which caused a massive fight with all the predators outside.

A few bitten off limbs later my valley farm outside of the bunker and my entrance are completely covered in blood stains and I'm walling off my fields with the couple of healthy colonists I have left. There are still around 200 predators left on the map, I changed the setting down to 1 now but I'm not sure what effect that's going to have on the population numbers. This has been a little bit more intense than I expected haha.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Thorbane on March 27, 2018, 05:23:14 AM
This mod is incompatible with Fluffy's Birds and Bees mod, males with no fertility will get stuck in an infinite loop of trying to mate with a female.

I think I will need to study that mod and see how to make them compatible

Quote from: Windsilk on March 27, 2018, 01:03:46 PM
Could you add text to the mod options screen that shows the actual number limits of the different tiers of population limits?

I just started a new game on a 400x400 map, I didn't do much hunting and about a year in I started noticed my crop fields being eaten a little too much. I took a look around the map and noticed critters everywhere, mostly assorted rodents.

So I looked in the mod settings and blindly changed it to 2, which gave me a pop up saying predators are spawning due to too much prey. I went back to managing my mountain bunker. A few minutes later I noticed a polar bear which was weird since I'm not in the right biome for that. Scrolling around I saw every type of predator imaginable all over. Looking at the tool tip closer I now had 900 some prey animals and 300 or so predators.

This includes 2 lionesses, a tiger, a dire wolf, 3 honey badgers, and 2 fishers right outside my bunker. I quietly set everyone to go harvest what was left of my fields and then went inside and locked the door. I tried to wait the ensuing chaos out. Before long all the prey had been eaten and the predators were turning on themselves, but I was out of food. I unlocked my door and went out to try to farm a bit which caused a massive fight with all the predators outside.

A few bitten off limbs later my valley farm outside of the bunker and my entrance are completely covered in blood stains and I'm walling off my fields with the couple of healthy colonists I have left. There are still around 200 predators left on the map, I changed the setting down to 1 now but I'm not sure what effect that's going to have on the population numbers. This has been a little bit more intense than I expected haha.

If you don't want predators, set to 10.

Setting it to 1 = predators will spawn pretty easily as prey population limit is set really low.

As for the predator type - its based on temperature. So weird predators may spawn.

I will consider putting prey population vs population limit for players' reference

Madman666

In biomes with a proper cold winter animals still don't really spread much. They all mostly leave way before limit kicks in because of cold. Which is a bit sad. I like playing with warm summers and cold winters with snow. I believe there was a plan to introduce hibernation mechanic, so animals will stay on the map, right?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Madman666 on March 30, 2018, 03:25:50 PM
In biomes with a proper cold winter animals still don't really spread much. They all mostly leave way before limit kicks in because of cold. Which is a bit sad. I like playing with warm summers and cold winters with snow. I believe there was a plan to introduce hibernation mechanic, so animals will stay on the map, right?

Its something I am thinking about making.... but I just didnt have the time to do it...

But someday, I gonna try.

Madman666

Ah, well, as long as you still considering - thats enough for me:)

Crossbowman

Quote from: Thorbane on March 27, 2018, 05:23:14 AM
Quote from: Walking Problem on March 28, 2018, 03:46:06 AM
I think I will need to study that mod and see how to make them compatible

I can confirm with Thorbane, I have this 1 unneutered female cat and 3 neutered male cats, and the 3 cats spend literally days just trying to mate with the single female cat (which gets stuck with +180 something queued "Standing" actions). The only reason they stop is that they are exhausted or starving. Same with my unneutered female husky and my neutered male husky; the male tries to mate with the female forever.

Tenshi~Akari

:o I just had a brother/sister fox do the dirty... is that supposed to be happening?  I can't recall it ever happening with vanilla so...  :-[

EDIT: As soon as I unpaused, he went after his mother.  :'( I can't with this dude...