[B18] Superior Crafting B18: Back from the nether! (Test Version)

Started by smarrazzo, April 14, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smarrazzo

Since someone asked me to release this for nonsteam users, here we go : http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfim8gwcrwc9w15/SCB18Core.rar
I hope you enjoy it !
I apologize for the poor presentation but i'm mainly handling the steam counterpart of it...

Ps. any bugs or gameplay imbalance reports will be highly appreciated

BlackSmokeDMax

Excellent, thanks for posting here as well!

I had just recently told people here on this forum about your updated version. Really great job on bringing this back!!

Canute

Much thanks smarrazzo for your work.

The presentation doesn't matter much, maybe you should add the steam link to your original posting if that presentation is better. :-)

Maybe think about to use github for your project.
Since you still work on it, you would need to update the download link with every version.
But people could just download the master from Github to get the newest.

Comments surely will come once i start a new colony! :-)

Modraneth

Quote from: smarrazzo on April 14, 2018, 04:27:31 PM
Since someone asked me to release this for nonsteam users, here we go : http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfim8gwcrwc9w15/SCB18Core.rar
I hope you enjoy it !
I apologize for the poor presentation but i'm mainly handling the steam counterpart of it...

Ps. any bugs or gameplay imbalance reports will be highly appreciated

thank you for answer my call ur the best  ;)

Canute

Some first feedback:

- It is awhile ago since superior crafting got released in the past, and many new modding technics got implemt since that.
To made this mod more compactible with other mods without extra patching, what do you think to patch the vanilla resources (wood -> wood planks, steel ore -> steel ingot).
And modify the mining/choping so they give ore/logs ?

smarrazzo

Quote from: Canute on April 17, 2018, 06:41:17 AM
Some first feedback:

- It is awhile ago since superior crafting got released in the past, and many new modding technics got implemt since that.
To made this mod more compactible with other mods without extra patching, what do you think to patch the vanilla resources (wood -> wood planks, steel ore -> steel ingot).
And modify the mining/choping so they give ore/logs ?

Well for sure that will help compatibility a lot but, i didnt really like this idea because its true that it helps for compatibility but on the other hand it will shrink some gameplay depth, totally removing the basic idea of raw resources gathering and processing in order to putting them to good use.
Thus i'll leave that as it is, as i said earlier on steam i was thinking about writing an initializiation dll code  at some point(when rimworld version 1.0 comes out) to programmatically binding the required materials  in recipes  and stuff to the SC materials.

Canute

Just notice
- Jade blocks need 200 jade to made 20 jade blocks. Is this right ? 10 wood -> 15 plant, 10 steel -> 15 bars, so 200 -> 20 don't feel right.

- Jade block only got 100% blunt damage compared to 150% on jade, this mean you can't made anymore good club's out of them.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Canute on April 18, 2018, 12:09:18 PM
Just notice
- Jade blocks need 200 jade to made 20 jade blocks. Is this right ? 10 wood -> 15 plant, 10 steel -> 15 bars, so 200 -> 20 don't feel right.

- Jade block only got 100% blunt damage compared to 150% on jade, this mean you can't made anymore good club's out of them.

I think that is the same ratio for making gold bars as well. Which really raises the price of making the multi analyzer. Been meaning to ask that for a while and kept forgetting.

Canute

Gold,Silver,Uranium are still small material. So long the recipes with the bar's don't need 10/20 times more it should be ok.
But Jade isn't a small material anymore (but it was when SC released first).

Another suggestion, SC need some crude stool/table (no beauty,less comfort)  made out of wood/stone blocks for tribal start until you research furniture I for some better ones.

Edit:
Jerky/bulk jerky recipe's got as ingredent's all possible, doesn't it should be restrict to meat only.
Processed vegetable is similar it should be restrict to vegetables only.

Bronthion

Question to the creator :) You wrote on the steam page its not compatible with any research tree mods. What do you mean exactly? Anything that adds someting to the research tree is not compatible? Vegetable Garden for example?

Canute

Not Compatible in that way, that you can acces their researches without advance in the SC tree before.
Basicly VG work's together with SC, beside that serveral structures need the raw resources and not the refined ones. You go Agriculture I-III from VG and SC.

At later releases i think smarrazzo (the author) will create modcheck patches for popular mod, to integrate them into SC.

smarrazzo,
i got a little problem with Smoked meat and Expanded storage.
None of the containe can hold smoked meat, because it is a copy of pemmican and needed to be added seperated into the list of the container.
I know you wanted to have it stacked by 75, maybe you take a peek into Vegatable garden.
Their special meal's are stackable to 75, and you can store them into the meal container from Expanded storage.
Maybe you create a new meal_base with a stack count of 75, so the smoked meal can be a meal, instead a food.

smarrazzo

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2018, 04:35:49 AM
i got a little problem with Smoked meat and Expanded storage.
None of the containe can hold smoked meat, because it is a copy of pemmican and needed to be added seperated into the list of the container.
I know you wanted to have it stacked by 75, maybe you take a peek into Vegatable garden.
Their special meal's are stackable to 75, and you can store them into the meal container from Expanded storage.
Maybe you create a new meal_base with a stack count of 75, so the smoked meal can be a meal, instead a food.
I took a look at  it and the problem is that in the filter categories in Storage_Basket is set to

<fixedStorageSettings>
        <priority>Important</priority>
        <filter>
          <categories>
            <li>FoodRaw</li>
            <li>PlantMatter</li>
            <li>Drugs</li>
          </categories>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>HerbalMedicine</li>
            <li>Pemmican</li>
            <li>Kibble</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
      </fixedStorageSettings>

Thus salads and jerky dont get stacked because theyr category is set as plain Foods and don't match any filter criteria, i can't edit the jerky and salads type only for this mod but you can fix it yourself just setting salad and jerky food type to match the barrel criteria such as:

<thingCategories>
<li>FoodRaw</li>
</thingCategories>

Quote from: Bronthion on April 23, 2018, 08:17:37 PM
Question to the creator :) You wrote on the steam page its not compatible with any research tree mods. What do you mean exactly? Anything that adds someting to the research tree is not compatible? Vegetable Garden for example?
I mean that every mod that alter or adds researches in the tree could potentially ruin gameplay smoothness because the main research tree is massively overridden but the incompatibility is mostly true only for mods who alter research tree too and not for mods who simply adds some research branches to existing research nodes.
Ofc you can try to run both VG and SC but do it knowing that it could result in heterogeneous materials to build structure and crafting stuff  so do it on your own risk to messing with gameplay smoothness.

Canute

smarrazzo,
thanks for looking into expanded storage, when i change the <thingCategories> into foodraw, doesn't it mean cook's will/can use it for meal recipes too ?

smarrazzo

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2018, 12:00:50 PM
smarrazzo,
thanks for looking into expanded storage, when i change the <thingCategories> into foodraw, doesn't it mean cook's will/can use it for meal recipes too ?
Yes thats the only possible way without altering the other mod, otherwise you can change Expanded storage code from

<fixedStorageSettings>
        <filter>
          <categories>
            <li>FoodRaw</li>
            <li>PlantMatter</li>
            <li>Drugs</li>
          </categories>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>HerbalMedicine</li>
            <li>Pemmican</li>
            <li>Kibble</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
      </fixedStorageSettings>

to:

<fixedStorageSettings>
        <filter>
          <categories>
            <li>Foods</li>
            <li>PlantMatter</li>
            <li>Drugs</li>
          </categories>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>HerbalMedicine</li>
            <li>Pemmican</li>
            <li>Kibble</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
      </fixedStorageSettings>

that will force the barrel to accept anykind of foods raw and cooked .

Canute

Or i add MealJerky below kibble at the <thingDefs> list, and move the mod below SC.

But it is ok to add the jerky to the rawfood.
You don't have any nutri gain from making jerky. Maybe you add some wood to the recipe list.
The electrical cook stove don't got any smoke anymore and need some extra source.