[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

Quote from: temple_wing on April 19, 2018, 01:17:31 AM
According to your previous post, you added rimfire patch to CE. So this mod is expected to be loaded before CE right? Then I found that, in rimfire, there also is a patch for CE. What should I do? Should I load rimfire first, or CE first?

The patch for CE present in Rimfire does not require CE to be loaded in any specific order. As long as it's active somewhere in the load order, a Rimfire config file is changed to contain the weapons added by CE and during game load these changes are applied so weapons in CE are categorized appropriately in the Rimfire Mod Menu.

The patch for Rimfire present in CE requires Rimfire to be loaded AFTER combat extended.

falloutpc

For some reason i can't craft the Walther WA-2000. The weapon research is done but it's not showing up in crafting recipes.

Jan2607

It seems I cant switch the naming of the weapons in the options. I tried it with A9+ names, long real life names and short real life names, but it doesn't change. The game still shows the name like "Jagged rifle", but I want them to be real life names.

Subways

Hey i would love to play the rimfire mod + CE but i cant load em without errors.
I Load Core>Hugslib>rimfire>CE or Core>CE>Hugslib>rimfire.
But booth loaded gets me Errors

Can u help me plz.
Got hugslib 4.1.1
rimfire alpha 18
CE B18

dont know if this makes any sense to post the debug log but:

... ok its to many letters ;) i can email it if u want

Alistaire

Subways

Ok i enabled Core > Hugslib > CE one by one but after i enabled rimfire i got plenty of errors in debugwindow

:'(

000sk7

Here's one of the errors the previous poster is most likely having.  I'm having the same with rimfire and CE enabled together.
Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ResearchProjectDef named CE_AdvancedFirearms found to give to Verse.RecipeMakerProperties Verse.RecipeMakerProperties
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.WantedRefForObject:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Here's also pastebin of the full relevant errors given despite load order of either RF>CE or CE>RF, disabling Rimfire clears the errors.  Oddly enough, however, I've yet to run into any problems AFAIK while running the mods.  Could be some weird hiccup, idk. Posting this for anybody else having these pop up (and search engine indexing later), Cheers.

Alistaire

Seems like a problem with CombatExtended's Rimfire patch (e.g maintained on the CE Github).

Lonfield

Hello

I've got a currently developed colony and I'd like to know if this Mod is save game compatible since I want to use the mod without having to restart it. I have CE and all those accesories needed, HugsLib etc, it would be awesome to include this.

Thanks!

Alistaire

Quote from: Lonfield on June 06, 2018, 07:22:45 AM
Hello

I've got a currently developed colony and I'd like to know if this Mod is save game compatible since I want to use the mod without having to restart it. I have CE and all those accesories needed, HugsLib etc, it would be awesome to include this.

Thanks!

Rimfire is save game compatible - its guns won't immediately show up for already-generated raids and such but after that it should work. I believe there's some errors on startup that show up for the CE patch which should be fixed with a next update by CombatExtended.

Ikazuchi00

Can you add the NTW-20 20mm anti materiel rifle for more stopping power over centipedes?

planescaped

With a name like Rimfire, and with some of the guns in the mod, I almost feel like the creator's a fan of Forgotten Weapons on youtube. :P

Devv

I really love your mod, it became pretty essential to me over my last few games and I appreciate the work you do, so I'm wondering - will there be an update to B19, and if yes - do you have any ETA for it?

viperwasp

Anyone have any info on possible updates or from the Dev of this mod? It's really good. We need 1.0. lol
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

code99xx

Quote from: viperwasp on October 19, 2018, 02:01:07 AM
Anyone have any info on possible updates or from the Dev of this mod? It's really good. We need 1.0. lol

+1