[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Would it be possible to make the containers of Extended Storage truly rotatable, so the spot where the pawns drop the items isn't restricted to left or bottom anymore? It slows them down a lot when they have to cross the main stockpile first before they reach the drop zone when the container is on the "wrong" side of a room.  :(

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 28, 2018, 02:54:42 PM
Would it be possible to make the containers of Extended Storage truly rotatable, so the spot where the pawns drop the items isn't restricted to left or bottom anymore? It slows them down a lot when they have to cross the main stockpile first before they reach the drop zone when the container is on the "wrong" side of a room.  :(

Agreed that was an issue I didn't like, having to setup my rooms in specific ways so that the interaction cell was always facing a specific way.

henk

Ruisuki

Is the extended storage clothing rack quality bug still happening?

Sparkie

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Sparkie on March 14, 2018, 12:28:20 PM
Will this be updated to B18 anytime soon?

I think some are, but un-officially. Meaning, you'll have to page backwards through the thread and find posts with download links to unofficial versions for Beta18.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sparkie on March 14, 2018, 12:28:20 PM
Will this be updated to B18 anytime soon?
Extended Storage is the big one and is updated. You can get roof bombs from I believe Remote Explosives, fabric reclamation from I'm sure a small handful of mods, the B18 version of Dermal Regenerator has been updated by someone else.

Scottvrakis

Dunno if I'm missing anything, but some of the Extended Storage containers aren't buildable.. As in, they don't appear in the architect menu. Am I missing something?

Canute

They are all under furniture.
If you installed correct you should see them there, no research needed.

Scottvrakis

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2018, 03:17:03 AM
They are all under furniture.
If you installed correct you should see them there, no research needed.

Huh, I don't see them. Does the mod perhaps conflict with Architect Sense or the Expanded Furniture mod?

Canute

I never used Architect sense, but never got problems with other furniture mods.
You should double check if you installed it correct.
Did you download the right version?
https://github.com/Skullywag/ExtendedStorage/releases

Scottvrakis

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2018, 04:50:36 AM
I never used Architect sense, but never got problems with other furniture mods.
You should double check if you installed it correct.
Did you download the right version?
https://github.com/Skullywag/ExtendedStorage/releases

I got the version off the Steam Workshop, does that one perhaps not have the GUI draw fix?

Kenny Dave

Extended storage: excellent mod, love it. Thank you so.

One thing: is there a reason that there isn't a weapons storage crate? It seems a bit odd to have everything nicely organised, then weapons all over the floor.

I thought I'd have a go at making one myself using the code as a way to learn a bit about modding, beyond doing the plague gun thing and buying a couple of general books. But it ideally needs to handle the weapons as apparel is handled, and that's in C#; I don't seem to be able to do anything about that with the latest release being compiled only, and decompiling proving unsuccessful. I'm really at the start of learning anything, although I have a lot of rusty experience with VBA from a previous life. I managed to add it in using XML and some 3rd rate art but it behaves in the A16(?) way.

I hope it's not rude for me to try and work with someonoe elses code, if it is it's because I don't know what I'm doing. It was only for myself and my learning, not to release.

Kenny Dave

Is it? Not on the steam version I have. Is there a newer version somewhere?

I can change what goes in which item in XML ok, and create a new crate easily enough. But weapons don't stack and behave as apparel does is my issue as I can't change the C# code. I think I can probably identify the bit of C# code that's relevant, but not much more than that. The code has an if statement for item type apparel. It's not linked to the object, but the item type. All of the different objects use the same C# code.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Kenny_Dave/screenshot/945075898077077515