Body Types Attached to Traits

Started by Pokk720, July 25, 2018, 09:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokk720

Can we get body types that are attached to traits rather than the pawn's backstory? It doesnt feel right to me that every miner ever has to be a hulking beast and every chef has to be fat. It makes more since to me that a lazy pawn or a gourmand would be fat and a brawler would be buff. Also when children come into the colony they come with only a childhood backstory for which most have the thin body type, unfortunately when the pawns grow up they never get a new adulthood story so they stay thin forever...

I can see that there might be conflict if you have two traits that designate two different body types but I think this can be easily solved either by giving a priority number to each body type or making body types outside of the normal (female or male) a little more rare since they do actually represent the extremes and not just minor variances in body composition.

Grubfist

Quote from: Pokk720 on July 25, 2018, 09:46:14 AM
It makes more since to me that a lazy pawn or a gourmand would be fat and a brawler would be buff.
A brawler is more accurate, not hits harder. That has very little to do with body size. Also, metabolism changes from person to person, so eating more often doesn't always equate to fat, and neither does being lazy.

AileTheAlien

Maybe body types can be influenced by both background and trait? Even something simple like, 30% chance it's from background, 30% from traits, or 40% totally random?