Rimworld Monastics

Started by Skryabin, July 21, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
3rd of Decembray 5503, Summer

BAD START
Our trip went terrible from very beginning. After we picked up Louis and the muffalos at the Monastery, we traveled to a random spot. But when we arrived there we couldn't find a single trace of plaseel. It was late afternoon and I did not want to stay there overnight, so we packed everything and started moving, and then... we saw four raiders moving in our direction. My first thought was to unpack and fight, but I took a risk and we kept moving, until we left that place and were able to escape from pirates. Next day we came to another spot and found some Plaseel and Compacted Machinery. But as soon as we started to settle there – we've got another raid. Four tribes-people were attacking us immediately. Two brawlers were able to get close and wounded me and Louis before we killed them; the other two escaped. Soon I got infection in my arm and then in my hand. And it is getting more and more hot. I can barely think straight... We need to build a decent shelter as soon as possible, before someone gets a heatstroke.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
4th of Decembray 5503, Summer

BEST FRIEND'S DEATH
Today I got a terrible news from the Convent: my best friend Ash is dead. Sister Larussa said over the comm that nobody tells them what happened. Sister Albina just said that it was an accident, but Larussa while burying her body saw that she was shot. She said it all started two days ago. First, some psychic drone went on affecting women and all the sisters got in a very bad mood. In about two hours heat wave started, followed by a sun flare. This is when some sisters started to have mental breaks: drone, heat, no AC. Larussa thinks the death of Ash is connected somehow to all those events. And then next day they had huge attack of three Cythers and four Centipedes which they were able to repel by some miracle. All East defenses (including turrets) are destroyed. I am lying in my bed and crying. Ash was my closest friend and I can't believe I will not see her again. I can't think about mining, I just want to stay in my bed and maybe even dye – such a sorrow seized my soul. And only one desire makes sense to my life now: I am going to find out what happened with Ash when we are back at the Convent.

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
5th of Decembray 5503, Summer

CRIMINAL ACTIVITY
Five days in a row, literally every day we are having those raids one after another. We just had an attack of another four tribespeople and I was unlucky to be hit by one of their arrows. I was just healed after previous raid and here I go again. We just can't get to the mining! Honcho, my new Labrador friend was protecting me well and got a few blows with a club. Louis yesterday got malaria and spent most of the time in the bed. In two days it is going to be a week since we left the Convent and we didn't even get to work! But we have three nice bedrooms here and a dinning room. Tomorrow I will call Mother Estelle and ask her what we should do. Larussa called me today and said that the Monastery was attacked as well by sixteen tribespeople. They almost stole Novice Remy, but brothers chased and killed the thief, and they returned Brother Remy to the Monastery barely alive. Five of nine brothers there are also sick with malaria and flu. What is going on in our area? It seems like all the forces of evil have rebelled against us!

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
6th of Decembray 5503, Summer

MOTHER'S BLESSING
Today I called Mother Estelle and made a report about our situation. It's been almost one week since we left and with all the tribulations we were able to mine only 68 Plasteel. Louis still has malaria, but he is getting better. Mother blessed us to stay for one more week and focus on Plasteel and Compacted Machinery only. After that, if there are still resources left, we will return home and she will send another shift. She also asked to pray for Abbot Ralph and all the brotherhood as they were attacked very heavily by eleven Black Gorillas pirates this night. Everyone is alive, but Abbot Ralph and Brother Jacob were downed. All others, except Brother Troy (who is not capable of violence) are wounded. Mother Estelle sent three doctoring sisters to help them with recovery. This is the sixth day in a row we are being raided.

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
10th of Decembray 5503, Summer

CONFUSING THOUGHTS
Louis is 34, just like me and he has very pretty face. Today he looked at me in a weird way, like he was paying attention to me as to a woman and I felt very confused. He should not look that way at a nun. Of course, I pretended not to notice anything, but when I was back in my cell the thoughts started to come. They were telling me: "Poppy, and what if you wouldn't become a nun? Then you could get married. You would have family and kids. There are many colonies in this Rimworld and you could choose to live in any of them instead of this Whiterock Order." And such thoughts were bothering me until late night when I finally fell asleep. When I got up, I did my morning prayers and all that fog went away. Having a family is a good thing, but my divine calling is different, and I must follow it. From now on I must be very careful with Louise... and with other men too, I guess!

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
13th of Decembray 5503, Summer

"LAST" DAY OF THE MINING TRIP
We mined out all the Plasteel and Machinery yesterday and decided to spend this last day for hunting wild turkeys and ostrich (for their dark skin). But at 9 in the morning four raiders showed up South of our camp and started to prepare their attack. I decided to attack them right away, and we started to move down the forest. We found a protected spot behind the rocks and I was able to put my bullet in one of the pirate's leg. I was aiming two of them with revolvers, while two brawlers were approaching our position. When they were getting closer, I commanded to everyone to aim the closest guy, and he immediately fell to the ground, scattering his beer bottles around. We were able to fire another salvo at the second brawler and wounded him, but he kept moving and we retreated a little to fire some more shots, after which he was finally downed. Meanwhile the other two pirates were shooting at us from their revolvers, and first they hit Louis at his left leg and then me at my torso. We started to move back to the camp, but somehow, we made another stop behind sandstone chunks and for some time were shooting back and forth until I got another bullet and Doyle got three, starting to bleed badly. Then we continued to move and took our positions at the camp. As soon as they showed up, my first shot killed the first guy, and another one started to flee. This is how we spent the last morning of our mining trip, which probably won't be the last anymore: we have to heal ourselves before going back and may spent here another day or two.

Adsixnine

Skryabin

Quote from: Adsixnine on August 15, 2018, 12:21:19 AM
wow I like it.  8)

Me too!  ;)

Poppy's Journal
14th of Decembray 5503, Summer

BEAUTIFUL EVENING
Sisters Ayana and Rebecca came around noon to replace me and Doyle. Louis is going to stay for two more weeks or as long as they will need to mine out all the steel. Honcho was surprised to see his friend Cecil and they were running around together barking and smiling to each other until late night. In the evening we got all together at the dinning room. Today is exactly three years since Brother Snay died, and everyone was asking me to tell them about Brother Snay, because I was the only one who knew him alive. Well, I spent with him only several days, but it seemed like I could speak about him for hours. I told them that he was very strict about monastic rules, especially about men and women living separately: he left Mother Estelle and Sister Albina as soon as they crashed on the planet (and I gave a meaningful look to Louis). But at the same time, Brother Snay was very kind. He was teaching us to avoid unnecessary violence and to have love and patience for each other. It was a beautiful evening of warm memories. When I was back in my cell, I also thought a lot about my best friend Ash, who died recently. I must find out what happened. We are going to leave tomorrow morning, so, I better go to sleep now. Good night, Poppy!

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
15th of Decembray 5503, Summer

IMPROVING RELATIONSHIP
Home, sweet home! After two weeks we are back at the Convent! We brought much more resources then we planned and now everyone can get their prosthetics done. Concerning relationship improvement (that was the main goal of this trip), I spoke with Mother Estelle and shared with her that sincerely I consider Sister Doyle my friend now. Unfortunately, she does not seem to feel the same way towards me. She keeps being rude to me and insulted me even this very morning while we were packing our caravan. I was very glad to tell Mother, that I am not getting angry anymore. And she is young, only 18, she doesn't know much yet. For example, there is a monastic rule: when you make a way with someone older than you, don't go ahead of him. But she runs like a deer so that we can barely keep up with her. Although I shouldn't complain about that – I am not an old lady yet! Anyway, Mother Estelle was very satisfied by my report and said that she will talk with Sister Doyle later: there is a lot of care should be taken about young souls.

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
1st of Aprimay 5504, Fall (midnight)

DAY OFF
Mother Estelle blessed us to take a day off yesterday as a reward after those two weeks mining trip and I spent it walking around the Convent and visiting Ash's grave. Our hermits Rush and Emma are still in the caves preparing sewing workshop. They live without electricity there, so they will use a hand tailor bench to produce new apparel for sisterhood. I feel rested, but just now I learned that a Poison Ship Part had landed NE of the Convent. We are going to get together in the morning and discuss our plan.

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
1st of Aprimay 5504, Fall (late night)

FIGHT WITH CENTIPEDES
In the morning after we had our breakfast, we decided to attack the Ship Part without any preparation. Larussa hit it from her sniper rifle and three Centipedes showed up. There were no Scythers and that made our life much easier. We joined Larussa with our bolt action rifles and Mother went back to the Convent to get the second sniper rifle. So, we were kiting them down towards our Northern turrets, while one of them, being heavily damaged, was slowed down a lot. The first two finally got at the range of our turrets, and the third one managed to fire its last lucky shot from the inferno cannon, giving some minor burns to Sister Lemur, who was stupid enough to get so close with her peg leg! No one else was hurt. The fight took almost all day and being very tired we returned to our cells at the very dark.

mecatxis

Cool history, but I cannot load most of the images.

Skryabin

Quote from: mecatxis on August 16, 2018, 09:59:28 AM
Cool history, but I cannot load most of the images.

Hm... I am just inserting images, giving a link from Google Photos. If there is a better way to do it, please, let me know!

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
4th of Aprimay 5504, Fall

WHO KILLED ASH?
After the fight with Centipedes I met with Sister Larussa and asked her about Ash's death. She told me everything she knew, but not much. She wasn't there at the time of incident. Mother Estelle asked her to burry Ash's body later. "I found her body outside the Convent walls, - she said, - on East side. It was the time when Psychic Drone went on, which drove all the sisters crazy. I myself couldn't think clearly, but moved like through a mental fog. Mother Estelle should know more about it." And I went to Mother. "It was an accident, - she said. – Sister Ash lost control and we tried to arrest her for her safety, but she did not want to obey. She went berserk and one of the sisters was trying to stop her, shooting in her leg. Unfortunately, the bullet was fatal. It's a tragedy and there is no one to blame. We all mourn about her. I suggest you increase your prayers instead of this investigation." "But it was wrong to use ranged weapon in this case, - I said. – We have to ask everyone to be gentler if something like that happens in the future. Anyone could be in her place." And Mother agreed, saying that she will make an official announcement about it. Indeed, what I was going to do even if I learned who made that shot? Make a revenge? I went to my cell and gave myself a promise to remember Sister Ash in my daily prayers until the end of my life...

Skryabin

Poppy's Journal
5th of Aprimay 5504, Fall

THREE SNIPERS TEAM
Tonight, Larussa came back from her Monastery trip and told me an interesting story. She was already packing her caravan to return here, when eight raiders started to siege the Monastery. She suggested to brothers Aaron and Remy to get the sniper rifles and move towards pirates. Soon they were within firing distance, and they started to snipe the villains one by one. Their legs and arms were flying around spattering blood all over the place; two of them were shot to death. Meanwhile, Brother Jacob was covering them with mortar fire. When one of the shells exploded downing the third pirate and destroying their almost finished mortar, they lost their patience and started their attack. Sniper team immediately retreated, and everyone got ready to greet those bastards. At the same time a group of travelers was passing by ang leading pirate turned south, starting to shoot at them. The travelers turned to him and soon he was downed under the rain of their bullets (later we captured him). Another pirate was killed at the defense positions and the rest started to flee. "It is a deadly composition, - she said finalizing her story, - three snipers targeting the same guy! They didn't have a chance!" Larussa brought a lot of marble blocks (eight muffalos!), so tomorrow we are going to continue working on our flagstone project.