[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyondfubar

Indeed that is what I meant.  Not worried that it takes time, I'm a Bannerlord fan so years are but a second to wait for such a grateful public in a modder's time spent for no monetary gain.  Although this wonderful game irks me in that I have to create through many stages nearly every single item.. yet water doesn't exist, and guns are magical never ending hoses of bullets.  All hail the modding community with their thankless righting of such wrongs.

GaldorOfNihelm

Quote from: sumghai on October 19, 2018, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: GaldorOfNihelm on October 19, 2018, 12:56:05 PM
Quote from: Beyondfubar on October 17, 2018, 07:41:22 PM
1.0 out! Let it begin! Let it begin!

Is it out?, where can I download it? I really want to know, if anyone can help pls do :D

I think what Byeondfubar meant was that Rimworld 1.0 itself has now been released, and was hoping that this would mean CE for 1.0 would come out sooner.

The thing is, CE is a very complex replacement of the stock combat and damage system, and requires a lot of work to update, especially with the changed method/classes between B18 and B19/1.0. NoImageAvailable has been quite busy lately and is also most likely still recovering from his/her wrist injury, and so at the moment, he/she is just reviewing code fixes and pull requests by other coders:

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/tree/Development

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/tree/B19

tl;dr - CE 1.0 is not ready yet, but people are working on it.

ah oh well, well thx for the respond, I am really looking forward for the update, I really love this mod! :D

Quote from: Beyondfubar on October 20, 2018, 12:37:07 AM
Indeed that is what I meant.  Not worried that it takes time, I'm a Bannerlord fan so years are but a second to wait for such a grateful public in a modder's time spent for no monetary gain.  Although this wonderful game irks me in that I have to create through many stages nearly every single item.. yet water doesn't exist, and guns are magical never ending hoses of bullets.  All hail the modding community with their thankless righting of such wrongs.

I have also been quite a bannerlord fan though, I have started to loose my hype because its taking such a long time, but deep down I know its good that they take their time so it will be a quality game at the end :D

Manly_Dorf

The b18 wait was extruciating enough, 1.0/b19 is even worse...  :'(

Anyways, hope your wrist heals up!

ptx

Can we get a full range for all sniper rifles in the next release please. 200 - 400 tile range sniper rifle. It will be very useful in the desert or ice sheet, but doesn't matter in the tropical jungle map. This would make sniper rifles relevant again in CE.

Beyondfubar

Yeah this is such a necessary mod for proper enjoyment of Rimworld.  Did find the Septic/plumbing system of another mod so when (if? I haven't checked since 1.0 released) that one and Combat Extended are back in I'll be back at Rimworld. I do appreciate the new system of "Replace the barrel" for the auto guns in vanilla though, perhaps we'll see both of these great mods added to the base game.  Not too hopeful though, since it seems many people do not share my intense love of CE.  Which I find somewhat odd, if you like a fairly spot on insane depth of simulation why forgo such a clear and integral portion of it?

Anyways hope you heal up NoImage, your creation is fantastic and I've loved the 100s of hours I've spent playing it!

rambo

excited for the 1.0 release I hope your wrist gets better

rambo

Colonists of higher skill should reload way faster (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q-QVBQVYTA) than poorly skilled colonists(a guy who has barely heard of a gun can reload at half the speed of a world class professional) but still, it's crazy that you reload a pistol in seven seconds its way too slow. Another thing with reloading is the shotgun reloading I feel like it should be individual shells going in and not treating it as a whole mag. the last really isn't much of a problem but could improve the mod is actual mags made for guns and bigger mag options, for example, m16 40 round mag but the bigger the mag the bigger the sway because if you put a 30 round mag in a pistol it will be hard to control and pouches for shotguns to increase reload time as you know where to reach for shells. thanks for reading.

Maeyanie

Quote from: rambo on November 02, 2018, 03:21:16 PM
Another thing with reloading is the shotgun reloading I feel like it should be individual shells going in and not treating it as a whole mag.
There has been some work towards that from XeoNovaDan, based on the Github commit log. Not sure if or when it'll be in a release, but at least someone is trying. :)

rambo

so any indication when this will be updated to 1.0. 1 or 2 months maybe?

Alistaire

the shotgun reloading I feel like it should be individual shells going in and not treating it as a whole mag.

The main issue with shotgun reloading individual bullets is that it's not clear when it is preferred to reload one bullet then continue shooting or to reload all bullets in a sequence. Sure you could reload fully if the pawn was shooting before, but this would make the pawn vulnerable to attack during the reload. Sure you could reload partially if the pawn was shooting before, but if the pawn is not in danger of being attacked during the reload this may be a waste of time.

This may not be an issue for the human player because you could technically micromanage all shotgun wearing pawns to reload correctly (introducing huge amounts of micromanage during shotgun fights), however enemy pawns are not micromanaged at all so it's important to know when to reload one and when to reload fully - otherwise shotgun attackers may have reduced DPS when they most need it.

Kapun

Can this decision-making be tied to a relatively simple formula? Pawns are supposed to hide behind cover when reloading right? So if the guy is using cover he will hunker down or hide behind the corner if its a wall to reload so he won't be in danger unless flanked or rushed to engage in melee. So for example the AI can keep reloading unless one of the following happens: the pawn is hit, the pawn is fired at from an angle the cover doesn't protect from (in this case he should change position or something), there is an enemy within 5 tiles with a clear line of sight

iceball3

Colonists of higher skill should reload way faster (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q-QVBQVYTA) than poorly skilled colonists(a guy who has barely heard of a gun can reload at half the speed of a world class professional) but still, it's crazy that you reload a pistol in seven seconds its way too slow.
I'm 99% sure this is already in the mod to begin with. Did you read the colonist stat readouts? Reload speed is affected by shooting skill.

rambo

Quote from: iceball3 on November 06, 2018, 01:55:56 PM
Colonists of higher skill should reload way faster (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q-QVBQVYTA) than poorly skilled colonists(a guy who has barely heard of a gun can reload at half the speed of a world class professional) but still, it's crazy that you reload a pistol in seven seconds its way too slow.
I'm 99% sure this is already in the mod to begin with. Did you read the colonist stat readouts? Reload speed is affected by shooting skill.
yes I know that the stat increases with skill but the increase percentage doesn't go up enough as people who barely know a gun reload at half the speed than a godlike ability colonist it should change to a slower speed for the sake of realism

Divenity

Quote from: Alistaire on November 06, 2018, 08:42:24 AM
the shotgun reloading I feel like it should be individual shells going in and not treating it as a whole mag.

The main issue with shotgun reloading individual bullets is that it's not clear when it is preferred to reload one bullet then continue shooting or to reload all bullets in a sequence. Sure you could reload fully if the pawn was shooting before, but this would make the pawn vulnerable to attack during the reload. Sure you could reload partially if the pawn was shooting before, but if the pawn is not in danger of being attacked during the reload this may be a waste of time.

This may not be an issue for the human player because you could technically micromanage all shotgun wearing pawns to reload correctly (introducing huge amounts of micromanage during shotgun fights), however enemy pawns are not micromanaged at all so it's important to know when to reload one and when to reload fully - otherwise shotgun attackers may have reduced DPS when they most need it.

I would suggest it be handled, for players at least, how most games handle shotgun reloading, it attempts to keep putting shells in until the magazine is full unless the player manually interrupts it. If the player doesn't want to micromanage it, it would essentially function the same as it does now, they do a full reload and then start shooting again, and if they do want to micromanage, the option is there.

NoImageAvailable

General status update, we've managed to fix all the critical startup errors. Next up is testing all the transpiler patches manually to see which ones broke (I suspect most of them) and fix them (which is probably gonna require complete rewrites in most cases). Then we'll need to balance and integrate the new vanilla content. After that it's playtesting and bug fixes.

Quote from: rambo on November 12, 2018, 08:56:25 AMone of the devs say that it is gonna be added he said it from the steam page

There are no devs on the Steam page, the maintainer is a third party who never actually worked on CE.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."