[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

marc0910

Kassidoo

Hi, I have updated eveyrthing except the Ingamemenu DLL to 1.0, I dont know where to begin to tackle it, but evertyhing else works; https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqc2eemi8ecbt1a/Rimfire%202.4_Release_Unofficial.rar?dl=1

viperwasp

Quote from: Kassidoo on November 01, 2018, 02:50:22 PM
Hi, I have updated eveyrthing except the Ingamemenu DLL to 1.0, I dont know where to begin to tackle it, but evertyhing else works; https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqc2eemi8ecbt1a/Rimfire%202.4_Release_Unofficial.rar?dl=1

Thanks! I may check it out. I wish someone who knew about DLL's could do that part too. Thanks for the work you did.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Kassidoo

I now realize there is more to update that to just having it work, there is new attributes to weapos; Armor-pen and Stopping power. I am unsure how to balance those. So sadly none of the weapon have those values. They do work but might not be as powerfull as expected.

Alistaire

As a heads up to those waiting for a 1.0 update: I'm in the process of rebalancing the weapons to fit 1.0. The update itself may be out within a week (17/11/2018) if everything goes well.

HutchCartman

Quote from: Alistaire on November 10, 2018, 05:38:01 AM
As a heads up to those waiting for a 1.0 update: I'm in the process of rebalancing the weapons to fit 1.0. The update itself may be out within a week (17/11/2018) if everything goes well.

Did everything go well? :D

Alistaire

Quote from: HutchCartman on November 16, 2018, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: Alistaire on November 10, 2018, 05:38:01 AM

Did everything go well? :D

Yea, expect the mod to be updated later today.

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.5 for Release 1.0 released!

Rimfire has been updated to Release 1.0. In the same vein as update 2.4, all weapons have been rebalanced to fit the Rimworld release. This means that all weapons have stoppingPower (1.0 stun mechanic that causes pawns hit by revolver bullets to stop moving for a second) as appropriate, that all craftable weapons have a Crafting level attached to them, that armor penetration values on high-damage projectiles have been toned down and that of course the DPS curves of all guns have been rebalanced to fit that of similar guns present in vanilla.

As in all prior versions it is of course no problem to post feedback on the changes!

On 17/11/2018, some more changes were made:

• All assemblies were recompiled for 1.0
  • Weapons were rebalanced to 1.0

As always, enjoy the update!
~ Alistaire

Giraffe

XeoNovaDan

Just a bit of a heads-up: A lot of weapons (e.g. crossbow, atlatl) don't actually come equipped by raiders since weapon tags were changed between B18 and B19/1.0. It also seems odd that atlatl doesn't have stopping power when hand-thrown pila have a stopping power of 2.5, and most neolithic/medieval weapons also have handicapped AP.

Errant Singularity

I've been able to equip a lot of the guns to non-violent pawns, even have them fight with them, like the Crossbow and RPG.

Also, absolutely love the mod. Especially how everything feels and looks like Rimworld weapons. Reusable rocket launcher is always a plus.

Canute

Errant Singularity,
do you think it is this mod ?
Some other mod's allow this feature like Pawn's are capable, at the cost of bad mood.

Errant Singularity

I turned off Pawns Are Capable a while ago, though maybe it's still in effect in this save I'm on.

HSneak

I had a strange issue, when loading this mod with Simple Sidearms and a freakin lot of other mods, I could equip 2 or 3 weapons at the same time (weapons that are not from this mod, but other modded weapons), making simple sidearms thinking they're lost.

Not asking for a fix, since I removed this mod and everything worked fine again, it's just a heads-up; perhaps it's Simple Sidearms, perhaps it's other modded weapons, or a freakin huge mod list.