Official: Portuguese

Started by Ribas, April 22, 2014, 08:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ribas

I was away from the project due to fifa world cup!
Watching the matches until Germany beating Brazil  :P
So... let's to the project...

darktakayanagi

Just letting you guys know that im working on the translation.
You can download the current version of the translation on Git(here)

So far, I guess i've looked at 2500 lines of text; added 1000 new lines of missing text and fixed 1500 incorrect/old ones.
The translation was for alpha 3/4 if i'm not mistaken and its latest contribution was 6 months ago..
As far as i know, i got all the "Keyed" folder done.(menus, gameplay, overview, etc);
All left to do is the DefInjected(), which i will be doing in the next days.

I'm sure my translation is not perfect, i've done this in 2/3 days, only as a hobby.
All the help is appreciated so if you find any grammar mistakes or errors, please let me know.
Thank you for reading :P

Tynan

Quote from: darktakayanagi on October 08, 2014, 02:27:24 PM
Just letting you guys know that im working on the translation.
You can download the current version of the translation on Git(here)

So far, I guess i've looked at 2500 lines of text; added 1000 new lines of missing text and fixed 1500 incorrect/old ones.
The translation was for alpha 3/4 if i'm not mistaken and its latest contribution was 6 months ago..
As far as i know, i got all the "Keyed" folder done.(menus, gameplay, overview, etc);
All left to do is the DefInjected(), which i will be doing in the next days.

I'm sure my translation is not perfect, i've done this in 2/3 days, only as a hobby.
All the help is appreciated so if you find any grammar mistakes or errors, please let me know.
Thank you for reading :P

Thank you greatly for the help. I'm sure many Portuguese/Brazilian people will be thanking you in future.

Don't forget to set yourself in a credits xml file. See German language data for an example.

darktakayanagi

@Tynan
thank you for the opportunity to let me help on the RimWorld translation

@everyone
I've finished translating everything. (total of 9000 lines of revised/new text)
all left to do is play and test.

decomg

thank you so much darktakayanagi

how to install your translation?

darktakayanagi

Quote from: decomg on October 22, 2014, 11:03:05 AM
thank you so much darktakayanagi

how to install your translation?

1- download here(thats the direct link from the GitHub portuguese page)
2- extract it somewhere
3- open the extracted folder (you will have something like this -> screenshot)
4- copy everything (all those files and folders from previous image) to the portuguese folder at rimworld/mods/core/languages/portuguese
(some files from older alphas might still be on ur portuguese folder, so i advice u to delete everything inside the portuguese folder first and then copy the new files to it.)

if there's anything else u need, feel free to post and i'll try to help :)
(oh, and if u find any errors in the translation, i'll appreciate if u post them here so i can fix them asap)

decomg

great translation

If you need help tell me which file and I can translate it

darktakayanagi

Quote from: decomg on October 23, 2014, 04:33:30 PM
great translation

If you need help tell me which file and I can translate it
im glad u enjoyed the translation (not 100% fool-proof but its mostly correct, still needs more testing to make sure some text doesnt look out of context in some cases)
as of alpha 7, everything is already translated(unless i missed something, but im 99% sure i did everything).
when alpha 8 comes new files will need translation, but we dont know yet; have to wait and see.

mimimito

Hello. Here is my first post.

Just got the game after seeing a lot of Let's Play. I'm a big fan of this kind of game... I have been playing DF and Gnomoria for many months.

OK, now @topic: I started the game and it switched to the Portuguese translation. I worked translating some open-source projects (and Steam Apps) in my past years and a common mistake is consider that Brazilian Portuguese and Portugal/Angola/Others Portuguese are the same (they are not like British English and USA English, it's much more complicated)...

I played just a bit and, IMHO, the translation is messed up with "Official" Portuguese and "Brazilian Portuguese", so my suggestion is here to create a new project (and github repo) to address a Brazilian Portuguese translation (pt-BR).

I can translate the game and will help to keep the translation updated.

My github account is mimimito.

Best regards and congratulations for the so-far impressive game.

Tynan

mimimito - I've added you to the PT translators list. The PT-BR translation is here: https://github.com/Ludeon/RimWorld-PortugueseBrazilian

Once it's sufficiently developed I'll add it to the official builds.

mimimito

whell2

I need someone that have the game to test the PT-BR translation

darktakayanagi

Just letting you guys know that i'll update the PT translation to the latest within a few days :)

MrRocket50

Hello.
I don't know if it can be considered, but I've made a independent translation for Rimworld in portuguese brazilian.
Is 100% done for alpha 13 (Maybe needs some revision, because I've done alone).