[B19] Wild Animal Sex 3.2 - Now it just feels... natural....~

Started by WalkingProblem, December 07, 2017, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Hi,
the mod still don't works well at ice sheet biome.
Prey overpopulated all the time, but i only got 1 megasloth as possible prey on the map. All other are medium and larger predators.

I think you need to made a different calculation for Ice Sheet/Sea ice biomes.

[attachment deleted due to age]

bigheadzach

Seems if there's an untickable animal or two on the map, the spawner goes nuts and continues to add animals. The Prey limit just determines if they are prey or predators.

Lots of slowdown happening due to 100's of animals now on the map. Is there a debug command that can remove (not necessarily) kill lots of animals enmasse?

Madman666

I really like this mod. One issue remains unsolved though - if you play a map with actual seasons (below -5-6 in winter, hot in summer) each year the map is just reset as most animals leave in cold weather, so it mostly feels like population of prey never really rises above default point and you mostly only see baby version of prey animals with really short gestation periods (mostly raccons, squirrels etc.). Same if you get a heat wave, that chases everything away, leaving only stupid humans to sweat buckets and suffer from eating without a table.

I guess making animals hide\hibernate isn't that easy to do. Maybe teach the game to save\remember animals that leave the map, including babies\juveniles, so that they return once weather stabilizes? It could be really neat feature. Have no idea how hard that d be to implement though.

bigheadzach

Can confirm I'm getting a bug where the mod continues to spawn Prey as long as it's below MaxDensity and then just repeatedly spawns Predators when above. Is there an actual specified amount of time that is supposed to pass between checks? Right now I'm looking at about 500 or so animals on my map with no signs of it stopping.

Griphaha

That's why I'm not using it. 30 predators on a map isn't to fun.

Canute

Depend on the situation.
On the ice biome it is more a bless, because of the hugh meat you can get.
Mosttimes the bigger predator's hunt the smaller or hurt ones.
And you have alot of corpses each day, you just need to pickup.
But for an Ice biome, that is unbalanced and i deactived the mod.

Kassidoo

Hi

I'm having issues on a sea ice map where this mod seems to just stop working. When I load the game the game start with an error, and after that no predator spawn regardless of how many preys there are on the map.

Heres the error: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/5930a52b84b53fc07f28ae5c035900f7#file-output_log-txt-L2699

Exception processing alert RimWorld.Alert_OverpopulationPredatorEntry: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Map].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Alert_OverpopulationPredatorEntry.GetReport () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Alert.get_Active () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.AlertsReadout.AlertsReadoutUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Ois

Is there any specific load order for this mod in relation to other mods? My pets get pregnant for no reason other than the fact that an opposite sexed animal is somewhere on the map. It's irritating having to constantly remove the pregnancy.

(Also, does this not work well with 'Dinosauria' mod? When my dinos lay eggs they deteriorate before they hatch. It would be cool to see them populate.)

Canute

I don't think this mod change any value of Dino eggs. You should ask the Dino mod author about it.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Ois on December 08, 2018, 10:29:25 AM
Is there any specific load order for this mod in relation to other mods? My pets get pregnant for no reason other than the fact that an opposite sexed animal is somewhere on the map. It's irritating having to constantly remove the pregnancy.

(Also, does this not work well with 'Dinosauria' mod? When my dinos lay eggs they deteriorate before they hatch. It would be cool to see them populate.)

Quote from: Canute on December 08, 2018, 10:52:57 AM
I don't think this mod change any value of Dino eggs. You should ask the Dino mod author about it.

Currently Rimworld do not have any game mechanics to deal with eggs and the relations between the egg layers and their eggs.

I will create a mod someday to make the animal behaviors more realistic.... but it would be months from now though... too many things on my to do list; but I cant work on mods full time (as I still far away from having enough patrons to allow me to work full time on mods - thus very limited time to work on mods)

Ois

But should I move the mod up higher in my list? I have it towards the bottom. I'll have a pet walking around and I'll get a pregnancy alert (X is pregnant!) when she hasn't even mated. That's why I asked does this mod clash with anything else. I think this glitch/bug contributes to a lot of the population booms on my map. Is it just something that can't be fixed?

Canute

Only when you disable the mod ! :-)
Check the mod options, you have some values to play around if i remember right.

rizay

Canute

Follow the link to his mainpage there you find the 1.0 version.

Dayrion

@WalkingProblem Could you open source your mod so we can contribute to it?