theapolaustic1

Quote from: TheOcean on July 11, 2014, 08:15:16 AM
Add an option ,,turn off giving up"

I hate this.

1.Land after the accident in space
2.Building a base
3.Build solar power plants
4.Build turrets
5.All people give up and leave the colony.
6. Alt+f4

• Hit escape.
  • Check "development mode"
  • Click the far left option.
  • Disable mental breaks.

You're welcome.

TheOcean

thanks dude! Finally i can play.

king komodo

Loving this build (mortars are fun if you can hit anything) so far but one small problem I'm having is that the incendiary mortars used by the opposing factions can light fires through thin roofs which makes putting a geothermal generator under a constructed roof not the best thing as any fire near the middle of it rather hard to perhaps adding an "Thicker roof" option like the no roof region would be a good idea or at least make it automatic over the squares you can't lay flooring on underneath it. Or perhaps allow colonists with power armor to go to those tiles taking damage over time from the heat (may also allowing them to lay floor tiles down).

Captain Sho

The more i think about it the less i think it to be a "cheap" idea but what about the ability to "upgrade" structures and furniture?
Example being wood walls => metal, wooden doors => powered, lamps => colored lamps
Rather than having to micro manage like crazy, make it so you can  disassemble and then build in its place without the leg work in between.

Now for some real cheap ideas:
Shrapnel Grenades (Weaker than frag but only does small amount of damage to structures)
Revolver (Same range as pistol but slighter slower and higher damage)
"Party Crasher" Event (While getting attacked/while they are still preparing to attack, another hostile faction drops in at first factions current location)
"Warning Signs" (Hostiles take a hit to their moral when passing large amounts of graves)
"Dinner and a Show" Event (Two opposing factions appear on the map and then begin waging war against each other)
Dump Storage Energy (Lets you dump out some of the power in your batteries to prevent power surges)

Alt turrets:
Artillery (Not sure how this one would balance out but would be similar to mortar but unmanned and weaker or very expensive)
High Caliber (Fires a single, high damage shot)
Heated Shot (Like the Basic turret but shots have chance of starting fire)

I've been playing this like crazy so I'm sure to come up with more ideas ^^

iskillzi

Hello, I had this idea in my forum post but that didn't get many views at all so just to make sure you guys see it I'm gonna post it in here too since it's probably fairly easy to make.

Strength - A stat point to replace and modify the melee stat because let's face it, who really uses melee when you're getting swarmed by 50 people? someone with a death wish! but anyways, what strength will do is basically the same as melee does but also increase the amount of objects they can move around at a time. Currently I think the max is 75? you could make people with 1 strength only move max of 30 for example and someone with 20 strength move up to 150 or 200 (maybe 150 cause 200 is a bit much even for a body builder).

theapolaustic1

Quote from: iskillzi on July 12, 2014, 07:49:19 PM
Hello, I had this idea in my forum post but that didn't get many views at all so just to make sure you guys see it I'm gonna post it in here too since it's probably fairly easy to make.

Strength - A stat point to replace and modify the melee stat because let's face it, who really uses melee when you're getting swarmed by 50 people? someone with a death wish! but anyways, what strength will do is basically the same as melee does but also increase the amount of objects they can move around at a time. Currently I think the max is 75? you could make people with 1 strength only move max of 30 for example and someone with 20 strength move up to 150 or 200 (maybe 150 cause 200 is a bit much even for a body builder).

I feel like that would make things more annoying when dealing with some colonists. The benefit of high strength wouldn't be as potent as the penalty of low strength early on, and later on you have the population where it's not really important.

What might be cool as an alternative idea would be for melee to increase their base HP, though. It makes sense to me that the badass bruiser type guy would be able to take a bigger hit than someone who never moves to the frontlines, and it would make them better at melee as well, so it fits the current skill description.

iskillzi

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on July 12, 2014, 08:20:47 PM
Quote from: iskillzi on July 12, 2014, 07:49:19 PM

I feel like that would make things more annoying when dealing with some colonists. The benefit of high strength wouldn't be as potent as the penalty of low strength early on, and later on you have the population where it's not really important.

What might be cool as an alternative idea would be for melee to increase their base HP, though. It makes sense to me that the badass bruiser type guy would be able to take a bigger hit than someone who never moves to the frontlines, and it would make them better at melee as well, so it fits the current skill description.

True it would offset the early game quite a bit, but there are ways to balance that out such as less maximum carry amount say 125 for example and minimum at 50, then anyone with say 5 would be able to carry 75 the current default, and most characters usually end up with decent melee even if you're not looking for it anyways.

But I like your idea as well, currently no way to increase hp is a bit annoying but if melee changed max hp then we would have some seriously increased difficulty during raids, imagine about 50 enemies coming at you and approx 20+ with over 150 hp + their armor, it'd be scary..

Really I'm just trying to figure out an easy way for Ty to make better hauling production for everyone who wants that without the need to create some sort of vehicle or mount coding.

Klaatu

"Sadist" "Evil" "Psychopathic"  or "Masochist" based traits that give positive moods when killing, or seeing others dead, when wounded etc. Simply add positive moods of various values with the same triggers as the other traditionally bad ones. These characters would give variety, and resilience against combat mood breaks (or be especially difficult to take down when facing as an enemy)

theapolaustic1

Quote from: Klaatu on July 13, 2014, 11:25:35 AM
"Sadist" "Evil" "Psychopathic"  or "Masochist" based traits that give positive moods when killing, or seeing others dead, when wounded etc. Simply add positive moods of various values with the same triggers as the other traditionally bad ones. These characters would give variety, and resilience against combat mood breaks (or be especially difficult to take down when facing as an enemy)

I just imagined an "eating disorder" trait that gives a positive mood boost for hungry/urgently hungry/starving and a penalty to their mood for eating. But it still kills them if they don't eat.

That might be just a little bit too real for me to see implemented, though, if I'm being fully honest.

Captain Sho

Ironman mode: Only one autosave and saves on close

bjo0rn

• Melee weapon
  • "Soaked" penalty from rain when not under roof
  • Animals eat wild and grown crops
  • Rotten meat from decomposing carcass
  • Fluctuating trade prices
  • Silver minable
  • Throne
  • Gas reserves catch fire/explode
  • Pessimist/Optimist personality trait, giving permanent mood penalty/bonus

Captain Sho

Quote from: bjo0rn on July 16, 2014, 07:56:04 PM

• Melee weapon
  • Silver minable
  • Throne
Animals already eat your crops and other foods if they can get to them. Don't think they eat the raspberry bushes and agave though.

And are you suggesting gas reserves or do you mean the steam vents?   

bjo0rn

Quote from: Captain Sho on July 16, 2014, 08:04:54 PM
Quote from: bjo0rn on July 16, 2014, 07:56:04 PM

• Melee weapon
  • Silver minable
  • Throne
Animals already eat your crops and other foods if they can get to them. Don't think they eat the raspberry bushes and agave though.

And are you suggesting gas reserves or do you mean the steam vents?
Never noticed animals eat crops.
I assumed it was narural gas and not steam.
My bad, thanks for the feedback! What about the rest?

YINNY

A simple wooden platform.

Literally a wooden board on four (4) stilts that provides no offensive or defensive buff,

but purely allows colonists to see/shoot over walls.

Tynan

I really appreciate the ideas everyone. I'm jotting down notes over here. Thanks :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog