Colonist Implants

Started by Halinder, July 14, 2014, 01:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

An idea for anyone doing mods:

You know how colonists are kinda basic, not all that tough, and break easy? Why not add something to help combat this? Introduce a machine called an Implanter that takes, say, 700 power to maintain and a decent amount of metal to build (250 or something around that). You have to research the machine and each implant before using it on your colonists (and the implanter should have a long recharge time, like 10 minutes between implants, and if power goes out during that time it resets or stops). Ideas for implants so far:

Empathy Inhibitor: Reduced/completely negated 'observed corpse' and 'witnessed death' debuffs on mood. Disables doctoring ability.

Nutrient Enhancer: Reduces need for food.

Pleasant Hallucinogens: Completely negates 'very ugly' and 'hideous' environment mood debuffs, but not 'ugly'. Alternatively, if balance isn't too terribly upset, it could grant a permanent 'pleasant environment' buff.

Adrenaline: Negates 'wounded' mood debuff, however, has no effect on physical condition. (Could possibly increase movement speed).

Nanobots: Grants health regeneration outside bedrest.

All I got for now. Someone please make this a thing :D

iskillzi

Hello, I just wanted to say a couple things about this:

First off I'm fairly sure this was supposed to go in the mods section since it's referring to modders for the idea instead of the game devs.

But I kinda like the idea overall, however saying so I'm fairly sure this is what Ty has planned for the already in game traits (the things on the bottom left corner of colonist creation screen that say "these are just story bits for now".

So I'm assuming these are already planned on being added sometime even before beta comes.

If you read this Ty could you possibly say whether or not this is accurate that you have plans to use the traits for these sort of things? I'm interested to know ;D

Shinzy

http://imgur.com/SybxBQO

there's something about augments and stuffs that Ty's gna work on
there's mention of augments aswell
found it on reddit when I tried to search for somekinda Roadmap for the game =P

and I like the suggestions of the op!