[1.3] RPG Style Inventory [V4.3.1] (15/05/2022) | UI mod

Started by Sandy, November 06, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Quote from: Falcio on July 13, 2019, 10:15:27 AM
Quote from: Canute on July 13, 2019, 04:09:28 AM
You NEED to report that to the Race author(s).
He made races they arn't 100% compactible like the other races, he need to fix that.
I will, though I'm still curious to how the author got  the mod to work on Twi'leks, since the very same thing would also fix Zabraks...
Hi.. like i previously said, i did check both Twileks and Zabraks with my mod and they both worked.. no matter the race, all units are in Pawn Class and thx to Mehni, i patched to that class.. so it should work..

Sandy

Made a small update, adding support to Jetpack, Jewelry and Celsius & Fahrenheit mods.

This mod now has two versions. This and the CE version from Yithend21.

Tocato

can anyone link me to a tut on how to change the game versions of mods so they dont pop up as errors? i downloaded the latest github release but i still get the message saying its not meant for 1.0

Canute

The mod allready got the latest syntax
<supportedVersions>
<li>1.0</li>
</supportedVersions>

but i notice the archive got a double folder structure.
Check the mod folder if you see About folder or another folder, then adjust it.

Tocato

Quote from: Canute on August 19, 2019, 03:25:25 AM
The mod allready got the latest syntax
<supportedVersions>
<li>1.0</li>
</supportedVersions>

but i notice the archive got a double folder structure.
Check the mod folder if you see About folder or another folder, then adjust it.
ty

Tocato

A suggestion: Clicking on the slot (leg, head, etc) brings up a list of all eligible items for that category

I noticed some mods add suits which take up both the torso and pant slot for instance. Any chance this could be reflected in the mod? For example the warrior poet outfit from vanilla apparel expanded

Ruisuki

the tribal shoes from hands and footwear(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1502703299) seem to be off to the side, not quite on the foot slot, because even if i force the shoes from that mod on my pawn still tries to wear combat boots from chicken pluckers new gloves and boots mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46728.msg461229#msg461229

Canute

Your pawn's won't do that without that mod ?
I don't think so, this is basicly just a GUI mod and don't modify any rule how to wear clothes.
Or did i missunderstood something from you ?

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on September 03, 2019, 05:25:19 AM
Your pawn's won't do that without that mod ?
I don't think so, this is basicly just a GUI mod and don't modify any rule how to wear clothes.
Or did i missunderstood something from you ?
Well when i equipped the tribal slot it didnt show up under waist, it showed up to the side like gloves do. And even forcing the pawn to wear the tribal shoes didnt stop the pawn from trying to wear combat boots from chicken plucker. So the pawn wear rules didnt change, just that the pawn was trying to equip another pair of footwear while already wearing one, that was already forced. Since that would be two shoes at once, it made me think they werent being recognized as footwear.

Canute

That's a bit more clear.
But again does this happen without this mod too or only with that mod active ?
I think more it is a problem with CP's mod maybe he defined another foot slot and don't use the same like the from hands and footwear.

But when you can say, it only happen with the RPG style inv. mod active, Sandy need to look into it.
Don't forget you can switch the inventory display back to list ingame.

Ruisuki

Alright canute I will ask chicken about this. I will also ask the author of vanilla apparel expanded why the capes don't show up in the rpg spots. I notice the cape at least uses the neck slot. Maybe both have the same issue

Canute

Ok, not showing up at the inventory and 2 shoe's at once are a different thing.
Not showing up is a mix of both mod's.
While i though with the new design, all kind of new equipment&slot should appear automatical. There must be a conflict maybe.

Ruisuki

Arghhh the post didnt go through. Ok so i figured out why the footwear was being replaced. hands and footwear adds shoes that cover the skin layer of footwear. Chickenplucker adds socks which do the same so they are replaced, whereas his actual boots cover the middle layer of the foot. I have yet to figure out why the cape from Vanilla apparel expanded(neck layer) and the battle stims from medical supplements mod(utility layer, covering the waist) dont show on the rpg slots. I know i am able to wear the cape at least simultaneously with both types of headgear (eyewear and hats) and the battle stims alongside a toolbelt (waist coverage belt layer) at least, so maybe a slot hasnt been created for them? I have tried different positioning of the load order, including rpg above and below both mods. So far no luck. Given that...
Quote from: Tocato on August 21, 2019, 11:40:26 PM
A suggestion: Clicking on the slot (leg, head, etc) brings up a list of all eligible items for that category

I noticed some mods add suits which take up both the torso and pant slot for instance. Any chance this could be reflected in the mod? For example the warrior poet outfit from vanilla apparel expanded
would it be possible to show all of the slots that are available before their corresponding gear is equipped? I think so far this mod includes all of the vanilla slots by default: Headgear (head and ears) Torso (middle, outer and skin layer) Pants (skin layer) and waist (belt layer) 
but still is missing some added by mods such as: Gloves (skin layer) Socks(skin layer) and glasses headgear (eye coverage) and maybe the two I mentioned earlier? All dont show on the rpg slots before they are actually on your colonist so it would be helpful i think.

I also think what Tocato says makes sense. Combination suits which cover the torso and pants should appear on both slots, as opposed to only the top making it appear at a glance as if the bottom if naked. Just some thoughts.

Tocato

Can we rearrange the rpg slots so that skin is on the left middle torso is middle and outer remains right?

Starsenal

Hello. Could we get a compact version of this mod? To specify, I would like the squares for clothing, weapons, and such to be smaller so that when I click on the gear tab, I do not have to scroll through a vertical list of things to see everything. I know that with mods such as smart medicine where I have my doctors stocked up with 2 or 3 different medicines at all times, it makes it more difficult to prevent this, but I hope that by reducing the size of the boxes that maybe this could be achieved.