[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

123nick

apparent, this mod does a lot of vanilla overwrites which is apparently bad modding practice in 1.0 since it ends up caausing incompatabilities.

i was told too deliver this message from someone more knowledgeable on the rimworld discord server, that has the info: https://gist.github.com/321nick/248bfe93c15b9f53bcc865607e2aa72d

Alistaire

Just a heads up, will be updated to 1.1. I'm currently working on CombatExtended quality of life stuff, then on the CE 1.1 + Royals update so it may take a while.

Rafe009

Apparently there is an entry

<equippedangleoffset>45</equippedangleoffset>

This enables you to have the art file rotated 45 degrees to take advantage of the hypotenuse effectively giving you more length to work with with your designs. This might be especially critical for long guns and rifles as a lot of artists have to make compromises to their artwork so that their guns can fit horizontally

Brumes Wolf

I was wondering if there was any news? given that CE has been updated to 1.1 now

DAOWAce

Quote from: Brumes Wolf on April 14, 2020, 06:27:01 PM
I was wondering if there was any news? given that CE has been updated to 1.1 now
Seems like it's dead.. as is Alistaire's interest in this forum. (last login in April)

This is one of the only 2 mods that never updated for 1.1+ (other being More Faction Interaction, really great mod for making the world feel more alive), and is sort of a save ruining one too.  Yes it can still load, but it's full of errors on startup and who knows what it causes in an active game.  Yes I can remove it, but then most of the already generated pawns in the world lose their weapons (IIRC), nevermind all my colonists.

Suppose I can track down 1.0 versions for mods that had their 1.0 support deprecated for whatever reason and continue on the 1.0 version of the game, but that's a bit sucky too.  Gotta force myself to just restart at this point.. and here I was so close continuing my game from 6 months ago.

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.6 for Release 1.1+ released!

Rimfire was updated to Release 1.2, which appears to work perfectly with Release 1.1 as well. Mainly, the assemblies had to be recompiled for 1.2 and some references to C# classes that no longer exist had to be removed. I also updated some of the /patches/ files to include 1.1/1.2 mods into the gun selection menu.

As always, enjoy the update!
~ Alistaire

Nautiloid

It is amazing to see that this mod after all of these years is still being updated:D. This was the first gun mod I ever used. I'm currently looking to make a medieval town rimworld mod and I wanted to know if I could use art you made from Rimworld Ascension? Not sure how best to contact you but I saw you updated this mod so I wanted to try to reach out.

Divenity

Mod menu for this unfortunately seems to be borked in the newest game update

Bradley_

Damn, always thought this is a good alternative to ce guns, and now i decided to tru it but its not updated for ideology. Big Sad.

Zaljerem

Hello Alistaire - great mod, I know you've put a lot of work into it over time, and I would really like to see it live on. I'd like to ask permission to create a "Continued" version; all credit to you, with links back to this forum post, etc. I'm a modder who specializes in continuations of older mods and with your permission I would love to give Rimfire a new home. Thanks in advance for your consideration!