Relationships.

Started by Ednac, July 17, 2014, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ednac

Alot of times I wish my colonists could fall in love, sleep together, and have kids. This would be a very hard thing to implement, but also very cool. 8)

Halinder

Child-bearing has already been brought up, and uh, you could always impersonate Sips if you wanted people to date.

Lemniscate_Mike

Quote from: Halinder on July 17, 2014, 05:31:32 PM
... impersonate Sips if you wanted people to date.
He's how I found out about the game. I love his videos. xD

Tynan

This has been on my to-do for a while but I want to carve out an alpha or two to do it properly, because this is a _huge_ system.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ednac

Quote from: Halinder on July 17, 2014, 05:31:32 PM
Child-bearing has already been brought up, and uh, you could always impersonate Sips if you wanted people to date.
New to the forum, and I really didn't look through the previous post my bad I was afraid of posting this.
QuoteThis has been on my to-do for a while but I want to carve out an alpha or two to do it properly, because this is a _huge_ system.
Hey I'm a programmer to, so I understand, but god damn your to nice and on top of everything most programmers unlike you and me have no soul. Nice Game, Good Job.

Evul

Pretty much everything have been suggested atleast 2-3 times already. :P

bjo0rn

Big feature indeed. Good thing is you can now build relation ships while you're waiting.

putsam

It could only work on a royal bed that need some cleaning  :P Ahem those white stains

TL_ARMY

Maybe not children, but i like the relationships idea. There can be hate/love/neutral/friends relations with other colonists. Hate would lead to fights until another one is dead ((Requires someone to arrest or to stun somehow)) neutral would be pretty much nothing, friends would enjoy others company and they would talk. now the complicated thing: Love, losing a loved one gives more negative things than normally. They might use same bed and maybe even... you know, party in panties.

PolandBall

No. This game will looks more like Sims.

James009

Quote from: Awesom1 on August 21, 2014, 03:26:06 PM
No. This game will looks more like Sims.
Yes, because it's terrible to have similarities to one of the top selling franchises in the history of PC game sales.

Total Copies Sold
Sims 3 - 10  million sales
Sims 2 -   6  million sales
Sims 1 - 6.3 million sales

Its only surpassed by World of Warcraft and probably the CoD series. I think the Sims has made more money then Titanic (the movie).

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that it's not a TERRIBLE idea to implement relationships nor is it a terrible thing to be compared to something like the Sims.

Relationships are present in games such as Dwarf Fortress, Clockwork Empires, and many other games very similar to Rimworld, thus, it wouldn't hurt for Rimworld to have similar features. Furthermore, they help to expand upon the gameplay rather than limit it or hurt it.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

ithiliel

As a confessed Sims addict: I would love a relationship system! As well as the ability to change my colonists' hairstyles. After you've picked up a few pirates and tribals, it's nothing but mohawks... mohawks everywhere...