[1.0] Degradation (2019-11-26)

Started by LimeTreeSnake, November 16, 2018, 02:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimeTreeSnake

Minor update for that je ne sais quoi quality of life.
2018-10-14
   -Textbox input for percentage value in the equipment deterioration settings.
   -Button to revert to default settings.
   Fix:
      -Textbox decimal values possible.

WolfgangPolska

I have no idea how, but it works!!!

LimeTreeSnake

Apologies, was a bug added when I added the jamming feature. It should be fixed now. Do tell if you find any other issues!

Alistaire

Just wanted to say this mod seems 100% compatible with CombatExtended, for anyone wondering.

LimeTreeSnake

2019-09-08
   - Added check that it actually is activated if it should deteriorate instead of taking it for granted...

whoooops

LimeTreeSnake

2019-09-12
-Made a check to see if instance is a building, if so then it should not be calculated.
-added a check to disqualify miniguns (Minigun 2) from firing calculation. Toggleable in the modsettings.

LimeTreeSnake

2019-11-26
- The used weapon should be damaged correctly in case of multiple possible sources.
- Bullet Matters formula revised to actually do what it is supposed to. . .
- Jamming works again.
- Remade old firing code and fast exits.
- Much sturdier weapon, undamaged weapons won't take any damage even at 100%.

Hjkma

Weapons degradation alerts are always shown, no matter what value is set in the settings, 25 or 95, a warning is still shown as soon as the quality drops below 100%.

geojak

i fixed the problem with the warning always showing below 100%. it was rather easy.

the mod calcualtes current health of item / max health of item < set level at which it should warm.

current and max health are somehow treated as integers so so i can only store 0 1 and 0,xx will always be rounded down to 0.

adding in a type cast (float) seemed to help.

geojak

fixed the error with turrets on shot trying to degrade their non existant weapon

12345abcde

Quote from: geojak on January 14, 2020, 04:59:25 PM
fixed the error with turrets on shot trying to degrade their non existant weapon
Thanks for this. Just want to point out this only fixes mini turrets, other turrets still have errors, not as big of a deal though.

12345abcde

I seem to have found a bug as well, if the guns are at 100% hit pots, they never degrade. I have vanilla degradation turned on and they never degrade, no matter how much time passes or how much they shoot.
Weapons below 100% do degrade both with vanilla method and shooting.

geojak

That is actually a feature I think. I also didn't like it a d removed it from my personal version. (not the one posted here)

ruPal

Is this mod Combat Extended compatible? I have tested it with 100 shots, but weapon didn't degrade (even been when damaged before).

12345abcde

Quote from: geojak on January 20, 2020, 01:58:00 PM
That is actually a feature I think. I also didn't like it a d removed it from my personal version. (not the one posted here)
Could you please share that one as well? I'd much rather have it that way too. Thanks.