[1.1] Prison Labor

Started by Avius, March 14, 2020, 05:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avius

Locks mod
I highly recommend using my other mod Locks. This will allow you to enable prisoners to leave their cells.

Description
This mod force prisoners to work. To enable this feature prisoners must have "Force to work" option checked ("Prisoner" tab). Prison labor needs management that consist:
Motivation - prisoners need to be motivated by presence of colonists. Wardens have new job - supervising prisoners. Low motivation can lead to revolts.
Work assignment - prisoners that have option "Force to work" are added to "Work" tab.
Time restrictions - prisoners that have option "Force to work" are added to "Restrict" tab.
Prison area - prisoners in order to work need to reach target. You can check "Hold open" option on doors. Be aware, they will try to run if they see opportunity.
"Prisoners only" tools - You can mark orders and bills by tools that exclude colonist from work.

Compatibility (outdated)

• Works with mods that add custom Jobs, to enable some of them you need to go to the mod settings.
  • Works with old saves.
  • To disable mod from existing saves check "Disable mod" in settings and follow instructions.
  • Cleaning area DOES NOT work. Author of CA declared that it will be at RimWorld 1.0.

Download
Steam workshop page
To-do list
Report bug
GitHub page
Credits

You can include this mod in mod-packs, and mod lists. You can modify/upgrade/use this mod, but don't use this commercially, and make sure to include link to original mod.

Avius

Changelog

- updated to RimWorld 1.1
- added option in settings to opt-out from suicide events
- updated Traditional Chinese translation, thanks to shiuanyue
- set minimum 500 points for suicide event
- lowered chance for suicide incident
- fixed tutorial window constantly showing
- fixed news pop-up auto-showing on minor changes too (it auto-shows only on major changes)

- reworked news pop-up window
- fixed construction job
- new system for removing mod from save (new button in mod menu)
- wardens no longer deliver food if prisoners can get it from another room
- added alert when prisoners can escape
- prisoners now will pick up weapons if treated bad
- fixed food reservation throwing errors
- added prisoner sucicides
- added +5 bonus to mood while prisoner have free time
- added +5 bonus to mood if prisoner is not supervised and got lazy
- added +15 bonus to mood if treatment is above 75%
- added blocking revolts (100%, 95%, 50%, 10%) if overall prisoner treatment is good enough
- increased base chance for Revolts
- added blocking mental breaks for prisoners with low treatment levels
- added treatment drop when prisoner is being beaten
- fixed cutting some content of bill config in some languages
- cosmetic changes to bill checkbox
- prisoners will now give offer to join colony if treatment is good enough (random)
- prisoners will now stay at bed if waiting for surgery
- prisoners will now work in cold only if "work" time is set
- prisoners will now seek safe temperature when not supervised
- prisoners will respect forbidden items, if "inspired"
- "Treatment happiness" will decrease if health conditions are bad, when prisoners are hungry, or they're working.
- added new hidden need "Treatment" that indicates level of prison treatment towards prisoner (WIP)
- now work settings reset after prisoner is recruited, so it should fix some issues
- finally fixed "OnGui()" error, big thanks to @notfood (https://github.com/notfood)
- fixed blurred effect on settings window
- fixed Revolts
- fixed compatibility with Fluffy's WorkTab (final)
- hotfixed compatibility with Fluffy's WorkTab (still have some visual flaws)
- added sub-tabs in "Work" Tab and "Assign" Tab for "Colonists" and "Prisoners"
- added renaming Prisoners for imprisonment time (pawns will restore old names after releasing)
- fixed SeedsPlease compatibility
- added warning message before placing labor area for the first time
- updated to RimWorld 1.0
- updated to RimWorld Beta 19
- disabled Warden and Jailor types of work for prisoner labor, it should fix bug, where jailors do not warden inside labor area
- fixed compatibility with No Water no Life
- fixed compatibility with Dubs Bad Hygiene Mod
- fixed error with loading old saves
- fixed seeds please compatibility issue
- added option to disable revolts
- changed max. skill required for non-advanced growing by prisoners to 6 instead of 0
- added new work type Jailor
- fixed drawing icons on world map
- fixed disabling mod from existing saves
- fixed incorrectly showing "advanced growing by prisoners" option
- added option to disable icons above prisoners heads in mod menu
- corrected casing in default prisoner interaction mode option in mod menu
- fixed error "null reference in onGui()" when loading save
*********** BETA 18 COMPATIBILITY PATCHES *******************
- cleared some code debris, hope it fix the "unknown bug"
- fixed timetables
- fixed bill checkboxes
- fixed prison labor area bug
- fixed watching sleeping prisoners
- fixed forbidden bug
- disabled bill button
- fixed harmony patches (work tab should appear now)
- updated libraries to RimWorld b18
- minor fixes related to uptading to RimWorld b18
- changed slow from prisoners chains to act as factor instead offset
- fixed compatibility issues with Seeds Please (again)
- fixed bug with dropping motivation while in bed
- prisoners will now get different weapons when revolt triggers (molotovs, bows, or clubs)
- replaced orginal jobs with "tweak" jobs (instead of overriding them, this fix is for users who use "WorkTab" by Fluffy)
- removed warning message from logs
- prisoners will now have 50% of normal speed in chains (instead of 35%)
- prisoners will now break chains after some period of time instead of immadiately (matter in incidents, breakouts etc.)
- wardens will now try to motivate most prisoners at once, but with priority to motivate lowest motivation first
- fixed bug with animals do not respect reservations (and vice versa)
- fixed bug that Sowing job do not comply to Labor Area
- removed JoyGiver debris
- reduced number of null reference errors with OnGui() method.
- single warden will be able to maintain 7 prisoners, instead of 5 (because of laziness rate reduction)
- decreased laziness rate to 0.002, instead of 0.003 (prisoners will get lazy 1.5x slower)
- decreased manipulation to 70% (instead of 80%)
- fixed null reference exception at loading game
- fixed bugs with disabling mod (now you can safely disable mod again)
- fixed bug with prioritizing work
- fixed drawing icons on world
- added slider to Bills (temporary fix)
- fixed Bill "Prisoner only" button (I think, let me know if you still experience errors)
- fixed prisoners aren't working when Motivation is disabled (via Settings)
- fixed null-reference error on some revolts incidents
- added revolts
- reduced manipulation capability of prisoners (now they have 80% of normal manipulation, down from 100%)
- added default prisoner interaction mode option to settings menu
- fixed comatibility issues with Dubs Hygiene and Central Heating Mod (prisoners now use toilets and showers)
- added "Labor area" tool in "Zones" category
- added "Prisoner only"("Colony only", "Colonists only") button in bill menu
- fixed forbidden bug with harvesting plants (again)
- added SeedsPlease compatibility
- added tutorials triggers (now all tutorials will be shown)
- added watched tutorials to properties (tutorials will no longer be shown after reenabling mod)
- excluded supervising from labor
- reworked inspiration: Now insiration is AOE around warden, and will prevent prisoners from escaping.
- added icons above prisoners indicating whenever he's being motivated/inspired
- fixed Toil reservation bug (not respecting prisoners' job)
- rewritten news dialog
- perfomance and code improvements
- added "Work and recruit" option
- fixed "failing to reserve food" bug (that one with circling warden around food)
- prisoners now stop working (while "anything" time) while starving instead of hungry. They will still get minor debuff
- wardens will no longer watch over not working prisoners
- prisoners will no longer work if waiting for operation
- fixed bug preventing prisoners from cleaning
- added "starving prisoners" alert
- added settings
- changed "Your prisoner stopped working" message to "Prisoners aren't working" alert
0.6a
- fixed some bugs
- changed mechanics of getting food by prisoners
- added time restrictions
- changed "Laziness" to "Motivation" and inverted
- added WorkTab by Fluffy compatibility
0.5a
- fixed that new subscribers see all "old player" messages
- fixed reserving food for prisoners
- fixed "work settings not initialized" error

- added growing to available jobs
- added prisoner work priorities to "Work" tab
- food is no longer reserved in prison cell unless is brought by warden
- food is now delivered by Wardens even if prisoner get out of his prison cell
- disabled passive "Laziness" when prisoner have no work to do

- added "Laziness" bar in "Needs" tab
- fixed plant cut / harvest result being forbidden
- added German translation

0.3b
- fixed "Forbidden" bug

0.3a
- wardens no longer watch over hungry or tired prisoners

- added work of Warden type that supervise prisoners
- prisoners will get lazy
- added version checker
- added stat laziness
- added "Work" prisoner interaction mode

0.2a
- added tutorial in "LearningHelper"

Avius

Avius

This is moved topic, since Prison Labor is in "finished" state

lordbok

Love this mod so much, but I am not sure why it seems to work sometimes, then just stop working, I have had it stop maybe 2 or 3 times but normally it starts working again, However this time it seems to want to stay non functioning. I am certain it must have something to do with a mod I am using as I am using a decent number of them, I am just wondering would it be better to have it at the higher point or the lower point in the load order. Havent played Rimworld for a while and I cant remember the load order rules lol. Also since I started it, the prison work area zone never did anything. I do love this mod I have been using it I think everytime I come back for my Rimworld binge :D

NRFBToyStore

Yea, same here. Was working wonderfully and just stopped. Now my 6 prisoners just "wander" around, sometime do recreational activities but NO work. I tried setting/unsetting options. I even removed Prison Labor from save, restarted game, went in WITHOUT mod installed, played a few ticks, saved, re-loaded, went in and still they do NOTHING.

This started right after I had visitors, 3 random guests for a few days. I remember before that everyone was working fine...

EDIT : Ok, I think mod manager rearranged some orders on me... I put JOO and Fluffy Work Tab AFTER Prison Labor, bam, everything is working fine now.

Avius

I will do some fixing this week. I'm kinda flooded with bug reports right now.

NRFBToyStore

You rock!!! So far, no other issues. I did double check a few things. JOO and Fluffy were NOT the issue, as I ended up removing both from regular play as they were conflicting elsewere. STILL had Prison Labor issue when auto-sort, AND, it was Job Splitter (or Complex Jobs).  As long as those load AFTER Prison Labor, the prisoners work fine.

Only issues I'm having are... as mentioned previously in bugs, the "work and recruit" does not recruit.

Loving it!!! Between Rim of Magic playing a necromancer, I have an undead horde, just raiding factions and bringing back prisoners! :)

EDIT - I turned on motivation and now work/recruit works! Without motivation, the work/recruit only worked them. Thou, as motivation  has not moved over 3.4% in 4 days, i'm turning it back off cause I need my stone cut!

EVERYNAMEISUNAVAILABLE

Nice mod but it's broken for me every prisoner is just wandering with full motivation and everything in their room
help?

Meester

On his Steam page he says he isn't going to update it much anymore because its too much work [has to update it with RmWorld updates] and he hasn't played RimWorld for 2 years.

NRFBToyStore

Quote from: EVERYNAMEISUNAVAILABLE on April 15, 2020, 06:58:20 AM
Nice mod but it's broken for me every prisoner is just wandering with full motivation and everything in their room
help?

Motivation is broken. If it's on, I never found them to do much. But if you disable motivation, work and recruit don't work. You have to pick one OR the other... So, turn off motivation, do NOT install Prison Labor last, put it ABOVE any work/job related mods out there, install LOCKS and make sure you UNLOCK their doors... I have my prisons feed into a rec room which connects to a workshop and stockpile, unlock all those and they get to work. If I don't want them to leave their room, i put a crafting bench IN their room and just have other haul materials to a little 2 cell stockpile.

Quote from: Meester on April 16, 2020, 06:25:14 PM
On his Steam page he says he isn't going to update it much anymore because its too much work [has to update it with RmWorld updates] and he hasn't played RimWorld for 2 years.

Correct...but I feel 80% of the mods out there are being updated by new people, so if we keep up talk about it, maybe someone new will take it over.

Tocato

All of my colonists have he need motivation. I thought only prisoners are supposed to have that?

Also idk if related but my colonist broke, I imprisoned and cryptoslept em. A few quandrums later open it and now i can't release them so they can rejoin I have to recruit again?

Tocato

So actually the 'release' option from prisoners is gone. Additionally, after recruiting a prisoner they kept restraints on until I devmoded it out. I an send you the log or is someone else caretaking?

Also where should this mod be in the list? Top above locks?

Release is back moved it higher priority. Motivation gone from my colonists too nice

Kori

Hello Avius,
it is great to see that prisoners are able to contruct buildings now! :)
However I noticed that they cannot deliver the required building materials themselves, so they can only construct them when all materials are already there.
They also still refuse to refill refualable buildings.

Is this expected behavior, or am I having a mod conflict?  :-\