[1.1] SimpleSidearms (1.4.0)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 16, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darklaguna

Small bug that I haven't seen posted here; Grenades sometimes disappear as a sidearm (completely disappear, not dropped or put in inventory). This seems to happen with any kind of grenade (EMP, Molotov, et cetera). I'm not sure what's causing it; possibly a mod compatibility problem (I know Dual Wielding has some issues with this mod).

Pawns don't seem to be too smart with grenades as a sidearm anyway (they tend to switch to it in close range, hitting themselves and allies), so I rarely put it on as a sidearm, but it's useful in some situations.

Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks for this awesome mod!

itachixhate

i seem to be having issues with the float menus, i cant equip sidearms at all and the logs seem to be pointing to the bio coded weapons. any help would be great thanks

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Exception during pawn gear generation intercept. Cancelling intercept. Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010000b0 (from typeref, class/assembly RimWorld.CompBiocodable, Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.1.7429.26553, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
  at SimpleSidearms.intercepts.PawnGenerator_GenerateGearFor_Postfix.GenerateGearFor (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00023] in <2ce6f0d51a1a4cadaf852c6cbfda610e>:0

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Exception during SimpleSidearms floatmenumaker intercept. Cancelling intercept. Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010000b0 (from typeref, class/assembly RimWorld.CompBiocodable, Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.1.7429.26553, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
  at SimpleSidearms.intercepts.FloatMenuMakerMap_AddHumanLikeOrders_Postfix.AddHumanlikeOrders (UnityEngine.Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] opts) [0x0015b] in <2ce6f0d51a1a4cadaf852c6cbfda610e>:0

both of these errors repeat 20-30ish times in the log

Ruisuki

are ranged weapons disappearing from the game when sidearms are auto equipped for melee?

Canute

Normaly not, if they do there is a mod conflict with another one.
But at the default setting the pawn drop the range weapon when they do an emergency mellee weapon equip, but they reequip them later.

Ruisuki

Yeah i thought it would be dropped but this is not the case since im using a search mod and dont see the weapon in the map anymore. It was at full health, and the colonist who lost it switched to a melee weapon when another colonist attacked an animal inside our home now doesnt have the weapon in his inventory either. No errors pertain to this. Given that Im going to disable melee autoswitch for now, but I also have a couple questions:

1. Where should i place this mod in the load order? Near the top? I will note im using the kijin alien race, and the race mod is near the top of my modlist so maybe SS above them?

2. is it possible to use devmode to spawn a weapon of higher/lower quality than normal? It typically defaults to this when I do

3. Are tools (survival tools mod) supposed to autoswitch when in use? For example pickaxe when mining, or butchers knife when cooking? I have the mod option ticked on but i dont recall them actually swapping like they would when attacked in melee

Canute

1. I don't think it is a race mod that cause your issue, but can't verify it since i disable the drop all the time.

2. Mehni's 4M mod, at the option when you enable "I am a modder" you can set the spawning quality.

Ruisuki

ill try moving SS above pick up and haul fan 1.1 update just in case then. And yes, I will also disable the drop now too. 4m mod, got it will look into that. Cheers

Monzer

my game broke mid game right click mouse stopped working . I disabled all mods and starting enabling them one by one and load the game until I found its from simple side arms mod .

ThePerroZX

I have a little problem with SS, it doesnt auto-switch from meele-range or range-meele
It constantly ends with my hunter running towards a Muffalo with an Club
What should i do? i had seen and touched any setting of the mod, idk what to do

Canute

ThePerroZX,
do you use maybe the mod "Mellee hunting" or why does start your hunter the hunt with a mellee weapon ? Normaly he wouldn't do that.
Then you should switch the default weapon of your hunter to a range weapon instead of a mellee weapon.

Maybe you disable at the setting that he don't switch at all, or don't switch to a mellee weapon.
At the mod setting left of the Open button is hidden a button to reset all settings, maybe that helps too.

ThePerroZX

Hi, i dont use any Meele Hunting mod i did even install a tweak mod to disable meele hunting... Im sure it does happen by SS or CE. It happen when my pawns hunt automatically so when i force them to.

Quote from: Canute on June 02, 2020, 05:28:51 AM
ThePerroZX,
do you use maybe the mod "Mellee hunting" or why does start your hunter the hunt with a mellee weapon ? Normaly he wouldn't do that.
Then you should switch the default weapon of your hunter to a range weapon instead of a mellee weapon.

I did it already, i had reset it several times and i chose the advanced preset, but, SS doesnt switches weapons automatically, my pawns only switch weapons if i manually right click to "Use weapon till end of the fight"...
that´s why my pawns hunts meele even if they have a sniper rifle...
Pls help

Quote from: Canute on June 02, 2020, 05:28:51 AM
Maybe you disable at the setting that he don't switch at all, or don't switch to a mellee weapon.
At the mod setting left of the Open button is hidden a button to reset all settings, maybe that helps too.

Passenger009

When drafted colonist is forced to shoot someone with sniper rifle (SR) within assault rifle (AR) range, he switch to AR then switch back to (SR) and do nothing (not shooting), is this normal ?

Canute

Depend on the weapons and settings of the mod.
I only can assume that he switch to the AR because of their DPS, but then the target isn't longer at range and the pawn switch back to his default weapons (SR), and while he didn't engage the target yet he stoped shooting because i think the target isn't hostile.

Try to disable auto. range weapon switch, maybe that give you better results.

JaJe

When will you update this mod on github?
I ate without a table and I liked it.