[Ideology] Funeral: Cremation option? (Answered)

Started by AileTheAlien, July 28, 2021, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

Anyone know how to add a funeral ritual to your ideology, which has cremation rather than a grave? Those things take up valuable space! (Related: do sarcophogi count, or is it strictly "grave" buildings?)

zgrssd

Rituals type Symbol Burning uses a effigy or ritual flag - both items that are consumed on.
The "Smokeleaf Circle" uses a burnbong and the Cannibal feast a Cannibal Plater - both are consumed.

As for Sacrophagi: I would not only asume they can be the target, but that they actually give a bonus to ritual quality.

AileTheAlien

I'm asking about cremating corpses instead of burying them during funerals, not whether other rituals can use focus-items which are burned.

I tested this out by spawning a lot of items, a pawn who I killed, and building a crematorium, sarcophagus, and grave. Crematoriums cannot be used in funeral rituals, in the current version of the Ideology DLC.

zgrssd

Obviously "Adding a funeral ritual to your ideology, which has cremation rather than a grave" requires some modding. I thought that was self-explaining.
So I was helping you find starting points for that work.

Graves and Sacrophagi right now are a "storage" which only accepts items of the type "Corpse".
Of course the Crematoriums "burn corpse" job is different from Graves. It is a workshop you work on, consuming raw material of type "Corpse" for no production.

I am not sure if we can use the corpse itself as the "consumed item".
Or make the "Funerale Pire" a type of grave, that is consumed by the ritual but does not drop the corpse.