Core Game Running Slowly

Started by KWinterroth27, November 17, 2021, 05:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWinterroth27

Hello all.

Rimworld is pretty much the only game that I play so I am not too code savvy. I would appreciate any help or tips.

I have noticed that my worlds have been running very slowly even with removing all mods. The overall game play is slow, the cursor drags when selecting items, raids are excruciatingly slow and the shots of my colonists lag causing them to miss their targets.

I have turned off all my mods including royalty (I don't have ideology yet) and I have been running just the core but it does not help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled rimworld from steam. I have permanently deleted the game and all related files and redownloaded it. My computer does not lag in any other functions or the few other games that I play. The mouse sensitivity has been good during all other use expect rimworld.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Canute

Hi,
since you manualy delete the installation and reinstalled it i don't think there is any problem with the installation.
I hope you don't remove mod's/DLC from any ongoing colony, that is mosttimes a bad idea and can lead to more problems and sometimes you can't even load the savegame.

Big colony, with alot of pawns (colonist and animals) need alot of CPU work and will slow down the gameplay. Special animals on the seek for food, it is better to pen them and feed them with hay/kibble.

You also should enable developer mode, then you can open the log window with the top left icon.
Any repeating red text (errors) slow down the gameplay too.
But solving error's on ongoing colonies is a difficult tast, special since you removed mod's the original error can turned into something else.
Maybe post the player.log as fileattachment after you loaded the savegame and played a few seconds, or when you use hugslib use the Share log button from the log window.

KWinterroth27

Hello thank you for the suggestions.

Here is a link to the debug log. https://gist.github.com/c59d89d0bd3335bf124c8ba222c8dd8b
I did not see any red lines; however, the shared file contained many more lines than the debug log showed and without colors.

I have experienced the crashed games after toggling some mods. Though it seems that even starting new worlds with only a few colonists causes lagging.

Canute

QuoteI did not see any red lines; however, the shared file contained many more lines than the debug log showed and without colors.
Yep, it share modlist,patchlist and logfile.
And 1 line at the logwindow are multiple lines at the log too, the window just compress them and shown at the little window at the bottom.

From the log i don't see anything that should slowdown the game
The
QuoteFailed to parse dependency: <li />.
Inner exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Invalid packageId: ''
  at ModManager.Dependency.TryParseIdentifier (System.String text, System.Xml.XmlNode node) [0x00080] in <b3e2aa26c8b542b5a81bc78423c21851>:0
is curious, but i don't think it got much influence.

When you say, that even new colonies are slown down, you maybe can use that. Deactivate half of the mod, create a new colony and control if you still got the lag.
Maybe at this way you can find the mod that cause the lag.
But at first you should try out plain vanilla game (Keep harmony and hugslib) if that runs fine.
When even vanilla is laggy, i would say you have problems with your mashine or windows (possible virus/virustool).

You can use the hugslib feature quickstart (top right icon) to quickstart test colonies.

Not much help i can give you, the most work is at your side.
But mod's can be a bless (when anything works fine) or a curse (when nothing works well).
5000+ mods, and not everyone is tested with each other mod, conflicts are ...

KWinterroth27

Thanks for the response. I wouldn't think there is a virus as my computer can handle other games. It's odd that the core game without mods is slow too though. I'll play around with the mods.