Belief Crisis in a Disabled Ideo System

Started by AnubisGoddess, March 11, 2022, 07:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnubisGoddess

Not sure if this is the right spot, but I have a question.

So I had switched off the ideo system when I made my new file, but I saw that one of my colonists had a crisis of belief. You don't think it could be a mod issue that reactivated the system, or is it a case of the system still being partially active with belief crises and such despite having been disabled? I would have thought that by disabling it, my colonists wouldn't have been assigned ideos, and I would have just have the extra stuff. Or was I wrong in thinking this? I'm not sure if I explained this right. I wanted to make sure I did switch it off, but I have no way of seeing if it worked or not.

glass zebra

They way of seeing if you switched it off is to check if pawns/factions have ideologies while you have the DLC enabled in your modlist. This does sound like a bug, but probably doesn't do much since they will do a normal mental break at the same time.

AnubisGoddess

Quote from: glass zebra on March 12, 2022, 10:34:52 AM
They way of seeing if you switched it off is to check if pawns/factions have ideologies while you have the DLC enabled in your modlist. This does sound like a bug, but probably doesn't do much since they will do a normal mental break at the same time.
Yeah, they do have ideologies on them, even though it was supposed to be locked out with that new update that gave the option.

AnubisGoddess

Yeah, I started up a new file, had the button that disables the ideo system selected, and my colonists still got the ideos attached to them. So I'm either misunderstanding something, something in my modlist did something, or something didn't work. I'll have to keep testing again.

glass zebra

The normal behaviour when you choose the disabled option is for them to not have any ideologes. I would try to disable some mods and start a new game and see if you still have the issue.

AnubisGoddess

I am using Character Editor, which shows the ideologies, but I don't think that's the one causing it, at least I don't think it is. When checking the colonists' bios, there's nothing showing of the ideos (unless it does and I'm not seeing, but that should've been the point) so I figured the system was working, but as I said, that belief crisis alert popped up, so....

glass zebra

Not sure how it is implement since I never really tried the new system much. If that would happen in an unmodded save I would say it's just a bug. It should have zero impact on gameplay though.

AnubisGoddess

Yeah.

I'm trying to see if I can lower their certainty down enough to be knocked over into a crisis, but it's kinda hard without keeping track of the number and having the Ideology system active, even with dev mode.

AnubisGoddess

Quote from: AnubisGoddess on March 20, 2022, 01:36:00 PM
Yeah.

I'm trying to see if I can lower their certainty down enough to be knocked over into a crisis, but it's kinda hard without keeping track of the number and having the Ideology system active, even with dev mode.
Does....anyone know of a way of doing this...?

AnubisGoddess

So I saw a note that when I chose Microelectronics, it mentioned that it will open some things that my faction don't have the....memes... for, like Autobong, for instance. Shouldn't that not happen when I have the system disabled? Not that I'm gonna use the autobong since I basically run my colonies like rehab centers...

glass zebra

The autobong does not interfere with addictions. 1 version ago that message plopped up even if you had someone with the meme in your colony and did unlock it. Did not test if they fixed that, but it might just already be in their bug tracker and just very low on priority right now.

AnubisGoddess

Ah. I may have to start testing the mods soon (I can't wait, having to deal with unhauled, auto-forbidden animals and poor storage is god-awful) , but i want to keep doing a pure vanilla run for now. It's just trying to force a thresh hold to where that alert triggers on its own is what's bothering me.

AnubisGoddess

So I can't figure out how to drop a colonist's belief level to a threshold. Will see if it's the mods...

AnubisGoddess

Yep, I think it's the mods. I just got a "Look change desired" notification for one of my colonists wanting to "change his hair because it doesn't match what he believes". Again, the ideo system is disabled, so I guess a mod is triggering the ideo letters as if the system is active. I did look through devmode and this and "Crisis of Belief" can be selected, so I don't think it's like a normal break.

glass zebra

You might have a mod that adds some Ideology stuff, but does not respect the new option that the system is disabled. I've not seen a single report for the new system, so either it's your mods, people are not using the system a lot or the people using it don't want to look too much into stuff and just ignore things like this. As soon as bug reports get some attention again, I'll try to look into the new option and check for bugs.

Not sure why I did not get e-mail notifications form your replies.