Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 05:44:58 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on July 29, 2014, 05:31:22 PM
Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 04:31:04 PM
Also, wanted to add that they could function as haircuts so that should be really easy to do. Just as long as they're there.

I'm about to rock your world mister!

Quote from: Rimworld ChangelogJuly 21
Hooked in some hats to spawn in-game.

I'm pretty sure they'll be overriding the hair layer
but there will be hats!

Grreat! If they were equippable, would be even better, but this is cool enough even if they work as hair.

oh no they are equippable for sure. Tynan wouldn't go for vanity items
*sudden chill goes through the spine* Uh.. Right?

I just meant you won't be seeing the hair from under the hats
unless the hats cut the hair sprite in half somehow, which I doubt
or even worse have pigtails sticking out from them =P

Mondkalb

A hotkey, to temporarly swap back to english language.

This would make bug reporting much easier, if you are playing the game in a language other than english... In some cases it's very tricky to translate back... I just say: "Düngepumpe" ;)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Mondkalb on July 29, 2014, 06:57:13 PM
A hotkey, to temporarly swap back to english language.

This would make bug reporting much easier, if you are playing the game in a language other than english... In some cases it's very tricky to translate back... I just say: "Düngepumpe" ;)

Surely it's a contraption to...pumpe...dünge? :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

vagineer1

Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 04:31:04 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on July 29, 2014, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 11:57:14 AM
Hats. Seriously, it's half as fun to play a space cowboy without them.

A Space Cowboy Bounty Hunter?

Thinking Bebop or someone else?

Also, wanted to add that they could function as haircuts so that should be really easy to do. Just as long as they're there.

Another suggestion - knives. But I assume it's been mentioned already.

Cowboy Bebop, its the only thing I can think of that associates with the Space Cowboy Bounty Hunter thing I mentioned.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

TrashMan

Quote from: Cyst on July 29, 2014, 08:18:50 AM
Quote from: TrashMan on July 28, 2014, 07:04:12 AM
Fridge (or as one mod added - serving table)
Keeps the food from spoiling (or slows down decay significantly)

Don't know how it would be possible, a place like equipment rack for meals is easy but how fast it spoils depends on the Def of the meal:

<ThingDef ParentName="MealBase">
      <defName>MealFine</defName>
      <label>Fine meal</label>
      <description>A complex dish assembed with care from a wide selection of ingredients.</description>
      <texturePath>Things/Item/Meal/Fine</texturePath>
      <food>
         <quality>MealFine</quality>
         <nutrition>90</nutrition>
         <eatenDirectThought>AteFineMeal</eatenDirectThought>
         <eatEffect>EatVegetarian</eatEffect>
         <ticksBeforeSpoil>80000</ticksBeforeSpoil>          <<<it is the indicated
      <soundEat>Meal_Eat</soundEat>                                                 time before the
    </food>                                                                                          meal disappears.
   </ThingDef>

You can change this value if you wish, (Rimworld#/Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Items_Meals.xml)
but for another item to change the meal's value...

Maybe if the 'fridge' would destroy the item and create a similar with different a value...
I don't think it's the "cheapest" idea. ^^

It shouldn't be expensive either. We are talking about a change to a single variable, basically X = X*2 (or 3... or whatever)
I would require actual code change, but i would be minimal.

Nemeya

Dont know if any of these suggestions have been made yet (its a long thread) but here we go:

1. A no-go zone. Simply put, a definable zone where your colonists cant go or pass through to prevent stupid suicide runs. Dont know how often I had to stop people from hauling this one single Item in the middle of 40 siege raiders and hundrets over hundrets of weapons, food and metal.

2. Visitor beds. It is already possible to set beds to be for prisoners or colonists. Add a 3rd option to set beds for allies, passing tribes people and all other neutrals and colour it light blue or aqua. This is also linked to my 3rd idea

3. Rescue strangers. As you know, whenever someone looses consciousness they can be caught and nursed back to health and later be recruited.... or simply die slowly. Colonists can be saved and brought back to their beds.
Now it sometimes happend that visitors or passerbys got shot down or had other accidents and all I could do was capture them and piss of their families or let them die... :( You could add an option to save those people and nurse them back to health. After they are healed you can add a little event: They either thank you and go back home, giving you bonus points with their faction or they decide to stay and join you without angering anyone.

Thats it for now, hope this ideas are easy enough :P 

Siegerolf

Hmm, I am not sure if anyone has perhaps mentioned but when you look at what you can do from a natural perspective the basic sciences come to mind, perhaps a system of chemistry or chemical enhancement could be introduced.

I picture a desk much like the research table that can be used to create things like boosts such as energy drinks and alcohol, that would be pretty fun. Watching them stumble around or creating a social atmosphere.

Could also create a glass making addition to the incinerator convert it to a furnace and introduce a glass making statistic for the colonists.

So many ideas... a stealth system would be cool but would need a lot of AI coding and not practical..

Still loving the game, watching closely  ;D

Włoczykij

Quote from: Nemeya on August 01, 2014, 01:40:53 PM
Dont know if any of these suggestions have been made yet (its a long thread) but here we go:

1. A no-go zone. Simply put, a definable zone where your colonists cant go or pass through to prevent stupid suicide runs. Dont know how often I had to stop people from hauling this one single Item in the middle of 40 siege raiders and hundrets over hundrets of weapons, food and metal.

2. Visitor beds. It is already possible to set beds to be for prisoners or colonists. Add a 3rd option to set beds for allies, passing tribes people and all other neutrals and colour it light blue or aqua. This is also linked to my 3rd idea

3. Rescue strangers. As you know, whenever someone looses consciousness they can be caught and nursed back to health and later be recruited.... or simply die slowly. Colonists can be saved and brought back to their beds.
Now it sometimes happend that visitors or passerbys got shot down or had other accidents and all I could do was capture them and piss of their families or let them die... :( You could add an option to save those people and nurse them back to health. After they are healed you can add a little event: They either thank you and go back home, giving you bonus points with their faction or they decide to stay and join you without angering anyone.

Thats it for now, hope this ideas are easy enough :P

Join the proposals as are the basic problems in the game, especially the wounded guests.
There is also no additional option of prisoners namely "Release"(allows them to free prisoners to their homes) giving small + for a faction.

Leemster

Another zone that prohibits colonists from entering the zoned area.

putsam

Quote from: Siegerolf on August 02, 2014, 10:56:20 AM
Could also create a glass making addition to the incinerator convert it to a furnace and introduce a glass making statistic for the colonists.
Instead of a separate glass making you could make that part of crafting skill

putsam

Also a not so cheap but prob not to expensivo(i dont know cause i cant code)

A 2x2 or 3x3 or 4x4 mortar cannon that has a minimum unusable range, is quarter speed of turret and very in accurate. takes 2 people to use and uses there combined shooting skill to function

I know kinda expensive but will add lots of tatical depth

ZestyLemons

Two ideas:

A grenade launcher. It launches grenades.
A flamethrower. It throws flames.

That is all.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Godfish22

Double the price of power lines that can then go under or over walls.
Weapons racks allow 6 items on a drop down because metal cost means stockpile wins.
Mufflo farming, enclosed space, open roof with door and hay trough.

christhekiller

When stone chunks are moved out of the way for building the order to move haul them gets canceled.

Yeah, keep the order to haul them even if they get moved for construction.

Roundsquare

I assume most of these can be done by tweaking the properties of already existing assets:

Traps and elements to build large traps out of such as:

Wood-bags: look and behave like sandbags except hey are filled with wood-chips and a little something making them really flammable.

Boom-bags: bags filled with crude plastic explosives, as flammable as wood-bags with an added explosiveness

Tar-floor: a wooden floor covered with tar (looks like rough stone floor), highly flammable

Remote Power-doors: open them to lure them in, close them to keep them there

Dumb-bomb: buried explosive or incendiary charge, set off remotely (if connected to grid?) or by fire/explosions

Snare: crafing/other skill used on empty square to place hidden (no art) snare that has a chance to immobilize small animals (and perhaps slow humans/ large animals) disappears after effect is applied, does not differentiate friend and foe, so careless colonists can be affected too, but since no damage is done, it should not present a problem.

Battery safety override: make a battery explode on purpose

Battery forced overload: force a battery to 150% charge for a more memorable blast

Electrified floor: metal/carpet floor tile that uses large amounts of power to damage over time with chance to stun (opens possibility to capture mechanoids for reprogramming but that might be more expensive.. although the stunned mechanoid could just remain offline while a colonist uses the research skill for reprogramming via the same mechanism the social skill is used for recruitment, or the same mechanism used for research, with the amount of tasks a mechanoid can be reprogrammed to do depending on research done in mechanoid reprogramming... but again this may  not be the cheapest idea)

Short walls:

Log wall-> mushroom rack - grows mushrooms in the dark, limited lifespan (mushrooms could be a vegetarian alternative to meat in lavish meals)

Wood wall-> cheap weak fence - to keep animals out of crops.

Metal wall-> conveyor belt (this one might not be cheap :(... )

Stone wall-> battlement (placeholder name) basically a low wall for shoting over with crenelations for extra cover, a kind of upgraded sandbag

Hollow wall-> wall that colonists can enter and wait in to ambush assailants at close range

Other:
Stinkweed, thorn bush- invasive plants for making besiegers less comfortable while sitting outside the colony (by lowering mood), at the cost of being invasive weeds.

Fruit tree: a tree that gives fruit, basically a combination of the tree model and the berry bush code (i think...)

Meat tree: researchable tree that grows meatfruit