Mechanoid colonists

Started by Tumuel, August 21, 2014, 04:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumuel

I was thinking of something to do with AI persona cores if you have too many of them, and a little bird told me that in the next update there would be prosthetic limbs and whatnot for people who have lost their arms/legs. So I was thinking, what about the ability to create an entire body out of mechanical parts, and put a persona core on it, to make a mechanical colonist, it could be more bulletproof than humans, but takes EMP damage, it could be immune to fire, it could have social disabled as a standard, but works faster than humans... The list of things goes on and on.

Cyclops

I'm assuming bionics will come along with prosthetics to be used as eye replacements and such if nothing else.

Bots on the other hand is another topic entirely. They have been discussed extensively on this forum and personally, I am for them. One of the character childhood background personalities state that Glitterworld Nerds had mechanoid pets as kids. Though I may be remembering wrong.

Zeta Omega

Finally! someone else who wants friendly mechanoids

Tynan

Quote from: Cyclops on August 21, 2014, 06:13:10 PM
I'm assuming bionics will come along with prosthetics to be used as eye replacements and such if nothing else.

Bots on the other hand is another topic entirely. They have been discussed extensively on this forum and personally, I am for them. One of the character childhood background personalities state that Glitterworld Nerds had mechanoid pets as kids. Though I may be remembering wrong.

There's actually a really cool droids mod or two; I was even considering asking to include them in the game!

But this is something I'd like to do... eventually.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Lost Cause

Humanity creates killer robots.
Killer robots turn on humanity.
Humanity befriends killer robots because they have cool stuff.
The natural cycle of things.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

MajorFordson

I think robots being slower and less effecient than colonists would be great. The tradeoff is that they work almost non stop, and only need charging for a short time daily.

They could also break down, requiring a colonist to haul them to a bench to repair.

Like me thoughts on creating a "barbaric" society, this could be a really neat way to provide an alternate game experience, where the player has a few brainy colonists who let robots do most of the work. (think of the alternate play styles offered in the game Faster Than Light)