[MOD](Alpha 7) Realistic Weapons V2.0 + Fortifications Mod V2.0

Started by AY, August 28, 2014, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Quote from: AY on August 28, 2014, 07:24:31 PM
As for the rapid firing, try deleting the Weapons_Guns.xml in the Superior Craft file, it is located in SuperiorCrafting/Defs/ThingDefs.

The only thing my Weapons_Guns.xml does is add the code for the turrets I've added in version 2.  It does not have any code in it for the stock weapons (with the exception of the L-15 LMG).  It should not cause a conflict.  If he deletes that, none of the turrets will work.

AY

Quote from: Abrexus on August 29, 2014, 12:43:20 AM
Quote from: AY on August 28, 2014, 07:24:31 PM
As for the rapid firing, try deleting the Weapons_Guns.xml in the Superior Craft file, it is located in SuperiorCrafting/Defs/ThingDefs.

The only thing my Weapons_Guns.xml does is add the code for the turrets I've added in version 2.  It does not have any code in it for the stock weapons (with the exception of the L-15 LMG).  It should not cause a conflict.  If he deletes that, none of the turrets will work.
It is most likely another mod that is causing the conflict then.

Xerberus86

mod seems really interesting, are the enemy raiders also able to use the grenades?

( Tchey )

I want to enjoy the mod but i don't. 

My toons keep firing after the target is dead or uncouncious (and so they kill it), even when moving. The classic pattern is when there is a crazy squirrel, my guard shoot at it, the animal dies, my guard moves but continues to fire,, and sometimes hurts another colonist walking around, like an hauler to carry the body to the cooker.

It's like this even with the gun, Glock## something.

The log says nothing about an error, and i don't think i have any mods in conflict.

SuperiorCrafting 2.1
Miscellanous MAI
Rug animal skins
EdB interface
Traps (i'm certain this mod is harmless because i've installed it after i start the colony, with already the guns problem).

harpuea

Yea, now that with more testing dumping the whole mag isnt the best idea, I do plan on fixing that ASAP. Originally I wanted to give some weapons their ammo capacity advantage,but there simply isnt a way for me to implement a reload system (long reload) and a burst system (short reload) with only a warmup timer and a cooldown timer. I plan on adjusting the burst rounds in proportion to clip sizes so weapons with large clips still keep an advantage, not sure how if it will cause pistols to be utterly useless though.

Don't bother trying to make pistol viable. Just try to balance the long weapons. Make them lethal, yes, but trying to make pistols beat any other long arm is futile. The reality is they can't compete against Rifles and SMGs and are meant as a backup weapon more than anything. In civilian application, they are portable that's what people carry them. In war, nobody use a pistol as their main weapon. That's just the way it is. The phrase is something like "Use your side arm to fight your way to a rifle." Too bad colonist can't carry more than one weapon and they don't even need ammo for their guns.

Xerberus86

Quote from: harpuea on August 29, 2014, 07:16:35 AM
Yea, now that with more testing dumping the whole mag isnt the best idea, I do plan on fixing that ASAP. Originally I wanted to give some weapons their ammo capacity advantage,but there simply isnt a way for me to implement a reload system (long reload) and a burst system (short reload) with only a warmup timer and a cooldown timer. I plan on adjusting the burst rounds in proportion to clip sizes so weapons with large clips still keep an advantage, not sure how if it will cause pistols to be utterly useless though.

yeah, i am thinking about making a new thread in the suggestions section, i would also love for weapons to use ammo (generic "ammo" is enough, don't need rifle / pistol / smg / renfield ammo). also it would be nice to be able to form squads and have a squad-menue from where you can easily add / remove members, see their current health and combat related skills (hopefully we get some weapon specialization ... or maybe), their current job, etc. creating squads would in the current version make it easy to select and order them around, it would also give an easy to access overview of your militia forces in terms of the status. i would also love to see some more love given to the melee combat, especially if ammunition is added, melee weapons could make a good alternative weapon and also provide for some challenge if a player wants to go full melee force vs raiders & mechanoids (me :D). it would also be nice to be able to equip more than one weapon, so maybe one 2-handed item and one 1-handed item. maybe only if they have a backpack or things like a weapon-holster of any kind. adding some storage system like barrels, bins / boxes would also help the stockpiles (and backpacks could help collecting resources).

further things like civilian alerts, burrows (zones where you can define which civilian is allowed where to go) and training facilities like shooting range would be nice.

Don't bother trying to make pistol viable. Just try to balance the long weapons. Make them lethal, yes, but trying to make pistols beat any other long arm is futile. The reality is they can't compete against Rifles and SMGs and are meant as a backup weapon more than anything. In civilian application, they are portable that's what people carry them. In war, nobody use a pistol as their main weapon. That's just the way it is. The phrase is something like "Use your side arm to fight your way to a rifle." Too bad colonist can't carry more than one weapon and they don't even need ammo for their guns.

AY

Quote from: Xerberus86 on August 29, 2014, 05:44:35 AM
mod seems really interesting, are the enemy raiders also able to use the grenades?
Yup, they can use the grenades too, although they do have a fairly low chance of spawning with those weapons. You'd have a better chance buying it from a combat supplier.

Delta_Com

I like the damage/fire rate, but I'd like the weapons to fire in bursts rather than dump their entire clip into a target that has been dead for a couple of seconds.
EDIT Just saw the update, and was literally doing the same thing to my own files.

AlmightyR

Can't download because of the dammed authorization delay... :'(

@ModBD - This is the internet! People who have common-sense don't get virus, and people without it are going to get infected no matter how many of their downloads you verify before you let them download! JUST AUTHORIZE ALREADY!

AY

Quote from: Delta_Com on August 29, 2014, 01:50:34 PM
I like the damage/fire rate, but I'd like the weapons to fire in bursts rather than dump their entire clip into a target that has been dead for a couple of seconds.
EDIT Just saw the update, and was literally doing the same thing to my own files.
Quote from: AlmightyR on August 29, 2014, 01:57:28 PM
Can't download because of the dammed authorization delay... :'(

@ModBD - This is the internet! People who have common-sense don't get virus, and people without it are going to get infected no matter how many of their downloads you verify before you let them download! JUST AUTHORIZE ALREADY!

All fixed up and authorized, enjoy the mod :)

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: ( Tchey ) on August 29, 2014, 07:15:27 AM

My toons keep firing after the target is dead or uncouncious (and so they kill it), even when moving. The classic pattern is when there is a crazy squirrel, my guard shoot at it, the animal dies, my guard moves but continues to fire,, and sometimes hurts another colonist walking around, like an hauler to carry the body to the cooker.

The log says nothing about an error, and i don't think i have any mods in conflict.

SuperiorCrafting 2.1
Miscellanous MAI
Rug animal skins
EdB interface
Traps (i'm certain this mod is harmless because i've installed it after i start the colony, with already the guns problem).

Look earlier in the posts -_-
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

AY

Quote from: ( Tchey ) on August 29, 2014, 07:15:27 AM

SuperiorCrafting 2.1
Miscellanous MAI
Rug animal skins
EdB interface
Try the new update, it should fix that problem.

Zeta Omega

Wait a sec....-looks up rimworld wiki- Minigun aim time 4.17....this one says 4........DECREASED TIME!!! HURRAH!
((also do stun grenades incapacitate? Im looking for non deadly weapons for colony growth

AY

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 29, 2014, 07:28:08 PM
Wait a sec....-looks up rimworld wiki- Minigun aim time 4.17....this one says 4........DECREASED TIME!!! HURRAH!
((also do stun grenades incapacitate? Im looking for non deadly weapons for colony growth
Unfortunately no, the stun grenade merely gives the stun effect, however, you can try stunning them then get your colonists to beat them until they're incapacitated.
I'm currently messing around with the damage types and values, so you can probably expect them soon.