Newbie questions!

Started by jahrein, November 01, 2013, 07:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jahrein

I've searched for answers for some of my questions on the forum. And I have found some answers to some of em but I'm still stuck at some of the issues.
For example:
my auto turrets won't shoot. (got electricity, they seem to be on, no problems with the line of sight- this is if the turret can rotate its head-, tried to rotate the turret but doesnt matter how I rotate when I install it, it faces the same direction. so I assume it can rotate)

The food dispenser doesn't work. It seems I have food in the storage (top left I can see my resources) but no one will eat the stock food. They always want to harvest new ones.

So... am I too dumb to understand things or is it the game? or am I just missing some points here?

Let's keep this thread up for newbies!

RebCom1807

For the colonists always getting new food, that's expected - They are just continually stocking up.
Do you have the food (nutrient paste) dispenser powered? If so, do you see your colonists getting those rectangular things from it?
The turrets generally only shoot at raiders. If they aren't shooting, maybe they're out of range?

nomadseifer

I think questions like this call for a new sub-forum called: Gameplay Help
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Scelestic

wait.. Quick question, how'd you get the client? I backed the game a day or two ago.. never saw a link or such. Thought we had to wait until a week or two after the KS ending.

jahrein

I have tried not letting them harvest anything. I had like 300 food in the storage. The paste thingy was there and powered and they just did not care and just starved or left the colony because they had nothing to eat(?). For the turrets... They have huge range but won't shoot even when the raiders get too close. Maybe there's something wrong with what I've downloaded.

jahrein

Quote from: Scelestic on November 01, 2013, 07:55:38 PM
wait.. Quick question, how'd you get the client? I backed the game a day or two ago.. never saw a link or such. Thought we had to wait until a week or two after the KS ending.
press release

Scelestic

Quote from: jahrein on November 01, 2013, 07:57:59 PM
Quote from: Scelestic on November 01, 2013, 07:55:38 PM
press release
Oh! Gotcha.

RebCom1807

Could be a bugged version, from what I can tell. I dunno, as I haven't played it (And I was looking forward to it, too!).

jahrein

just started this new colony. got plenty of food. the cafeteria thingy is there. got power up... still this guy chooses to starve. I've been waiting for him to grab food for the last 5 mins on 3rd gamespeed.

RebCom1807

The problems I can see:
The dispenser isn't actually powered (That's what the lightning bolt thing means)
There may or may not be a chair in the way.
Can I see your power generation area, perchance? And your turret as well.

Yeah.. But overall, needs powerlines.

British

Please be smart and direct your questions about issues with the game to the Support forum.

Finjinimo

Ya, it doesn't have power.

Power doesn't run through cave walls (but does through built walls). You need to run a conduit to it.

I'd probably also move the chair from beneath the Slurpy Machine... although the image of a colonist just sitting there with his mouth open is pretty hilarious.

jahrein

well as far as im concerned this looks like powered to me

I do not have turrets on this save. It was my last colony...

Yarkista

No, it doesn't have power.

jahrein

I've demolished the wall now. still no power... Telling me that it doesn't have power ain't helping nothing. You have seen the circuit, what's wrong with it tell me please I'm about to slam my keyboard with my head

edit: ok I think the battery doesn't generate power? I need the generator? Is that it? damn