More methods of getting new colonists

Started by starlight, November 12, 2014, 12:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlight

I have been a Kickstarter backer, and in the very first release the method of integrating colonists by making them prisoners made sense. It was, after all, an alpha release.

I played Alpha 7 sometime back, and loved all the additions since Alpha 1. The immersion loss from the prisoner issue is really jarring. (I didn't feel like taking them at all, resulting in a really small team).

Please provide other means, as well, of increasing the community size in Rimworld.

StorymasterQ

"A wave of immigrants is coming to join your colony!"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Axel_Wallenrod

Or maybe give more use to that double beds doing posible marry between the colonist XD... i know, is a great change to make, but is confuse for me make a double bed for only one colonist in the game XD

H_D

Meh, bioengineering is much more fun than conventional methods. I want human crafting!

Thorin

I love having a double bed for my own (and I'm very afraid of what will happen when I have to share it again).
Therefore my pawns get a double bed too. But maybe, sometime Mr. T. will add in those social possibilities so we can grown more meat, uh i meant children.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Axel_Wallenrod

Quote from: H_D on November 12, 2014, 03:27:43 AM
Meh, bioengineering is much more fun than conventional methods. I want human crafting!

hahaha, H_D i like it too, but maybe is more creative (or realistic) the android/robotic crafting more than bioengineering?....

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Axel_Wallenrod on November 12, 2014, 04:12:38 AM
Quote from: H_D on November 12, 2014, 03:27:43 AM

hahaha, H_D i like it too, but maybe is more creative (or realistic) the android/robotic crafting more than bioengineering?....
Faster? Yes. More creative and realistic? Yes. But it's canon in Rimworld that people are "crafted" if they are needed, because they are "cheaper" in the making (doesn't really need expensive materials / materials you could use in another place), they regnerate, they can survive in many situations, they can adapt more quickly, don't need a established infrastructure to be able to survive (don't need a recharging station) etc. But the most hindering factor is: TIME. A robot/android can be crafted within days (in rl), but a human can/will take YEARS to be usefull... unless you speed the maturing process up and combine that with some sort of VR training for the "Vat colonist".

And finally: Do you know the MAI mod? You can craft androids with it for some materials and research time (better research every aspect for the AI, because they don't let you at their "brain" after activation)