[W|0.8.651] Weird bug with the new crafting system

Started by Madcat, December 11, 2014, 06:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cimanyd

It looks like mental breaks still result in a new sculpture being started, after which the artist will sometimes work on one and sometimes on the other.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

GoldRobot

Quote from: Tynan on December 15, 2014, 10:54:31 PM
Quote from: Ford_Prefect on December 15, 2014, 10:26:00 PM
Bug still present in Build 657.   :-\

I have 2 unfinished shirts by the same worker.

If anyone can provide actual steps to reproduce this, I'd be very appreciative.

I can confirm this bug (looking for a workaround is how I found the forum). How would I send you a savefile of my colony?

Mathenaut

I'm having this problem, too.  Seems that I am unable to make parkas due to this happening.  I can't seem to interact with the unfinished item at all, nor am I able to force colonists to work at the bench.

Presuming that a supply of cold weather gear will be needed to survive the winter, that pretty much makes this unplayable for me at the moment.

Axel_Wallenrod

Here you have Tynan, in the Reserve Zone, there are two clothes dont finished and when they try to create a new Parka in the tailor workbench they begin a new one with new clothes supplies.

P.D.: Congratz for this GREAT GAME
P.D.2: Srry for my English  ;D

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

This bug will be fixed for alpha 9. Thanks for the info everyone.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Vexare

Quote from: Tynan on December 22, 2014, 05:36:36 PM
This bug will be fixed for alpha 9. Thanks for the info everyone.

Hi Tynan, thanks for being so on top of this stuff - the amount of tester feedback to dev feedback on this game is amazing and it shows in the quality of the game!

This is actually the first noticeable bug I've had since playing three different created worlds for quite a long time - one of them is near 150 in-game days and has worked smooth as butter.

I don't know if this would be repetitious info since it seems like you've already found the cause - but I will add that when this happened in my game, the colonist who was tailoring coats suffered a mental break (or a brain injury from bullet I'm not sure which since she still has old injury brain in her medical sheet). After wandering around for awhile and finally recovering, she began her coat making duties again but now she seemed 'confused' to the point she wouldn't finish the coats or was taking excessively long to do so. One unfinished coat got thrown in an excess overflow stockpile and now I can't move it no matter what I do. I've removed the stockpile zone and the unfinished coat just lays there...no one will interact with it or pick it up.

The bug seems to have recovered a bit and new coats are being made now but that one unfinished coat just lays there haha. I've decided it's just part of our decorative clutter now. :P

Hope this helps on feedback. I definitely think the mental break had something to do with triggering the bug.

*edit: re-read other replies and pieced together that probably what 'fixed' my issue was destroying and recreating the tailoring bench since someone else reported theirs just stopped working altogether, no one would use it no matter what was queued.