[MOD] (Alpha 8) Stargate - Jaffa, Kree !

Started by Carnov, December 09, 2014, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnov

@kokuto : It is an incompatibility. But you can fix that really quickly I think. The issue is that all the operations order written in the "human" file of the Cybernetic storm mod are not written in my "jaffa" file.
What you can do is go to your ...\RimWorld657Win\Mods\CyberneticsStorm\Defs\ThingDefs folder and open the "Races_Humanoid.xml" file (with notepad++ for instance) and copy everyting between <recipes> and </recipes> at the end of the file.
Then go to ...\RimWorld657Win\Mods\JaffaKree\Defs\ThingDefs and open the "Races_Jaffa.xml" file and paste everything at the same location, i.e, overwrite everything between <recipes> and </recipes> with the content of the CS mod. I think that should fix the problem ...

@Dragoon : Whaa how did you get that many ? Never got that many when testing it out  :D

BajtMe

Dragoon

idk man but they came for my ring fingers and left the ones who cut them off were all females weird.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ded1

Now you gotta make a mod for the wraith from Atlantis.  Those would be some tough enemies.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Dead Videos

*hurk* oh my god.... seriously. this mod has all of my love. maybe even all my hugs and kisses too.

( oh lord i'm terrible)

But seriously this looks amazing i don't even care if it breaks my game i'm downloading this right now.
Stargate was the first series i ever really watched growing up my parents loved it and that transferred into me. If you go further with this i highly recommend adding in various other goa'uld weaponry like the Tacluchnatagamuntoron they should definitely be craftable and placeable like turrets but incredibly tiny and hard to hit. Although they might be a bit OP because lets face it, against anyone but the highly skilled SG-1 those tacs would have probably worked and killed the entire party.

it would be pretty amazing if you could make them a thrown weapon like a grenade that spawns a turret version of itself wherever it lands but i have no idea if that is even possible.

john pretzel

Love this mod! Very detailed and it fits well in the game. Kree Jaffa!  ;D

Can you please advise on this? When using edb prepare carefully, the interface crashes when browsing jaffa wares (pic 1). If I click continue to item selection, and press back, the interface and the wares appear (2nd pic)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Also, the jaffa have their charact tabs swapped:

Is this an issue with edb's mod?

Carnov

Thanks guys !
Indeed, the "Tac" might be OP but why not. I'm still not sure what I'll try to add next. For now I like it as a little mod that can be added, but if I were to add other factions like Wraith, SG teams, tok'ra ... should I remove vanilla factions ?

Also, as @john pretzel said, there were a little issue when using EdB prepare carefully. That was my fault as I removed the color generation on the Jaffa equipment because I wanted to keep it the same color for all, which Prepre Carefully didn't like ^^ But I fixed the issue now, you can donwload it, the link on the first post has been updated.

Cheers ! and Kree Jaffa :)

Andouce

I like the mod as it is just adding the Jaffa however I do think it would be alright to expand it to other factions based on Stargate and such.

Maybe though, have them separate so people can choose what factions they would like? I would prefer not to replace the default factions. Just my thoughts :P Awesome mod btw, I love it!

Ded1

Having more factions is always fun.  Keeping the vanilla and adding new ones is usually the best way to do it (seeing as vanilla factions cant use the new stuff usually anyway).  Adding more factions based on stargate is great but i wouldn't recommend SG teams cause unless there was a gate on the planet they probably wouldn't come to it (and i doubt many players would want to kill the SG teams anyway).  If there was a gate, the Goa'uld would have a stronger presence there (normally that is, and it doesn't seem like the current tech level of the bandits could hold them off for long).  Pretty much hostile races would be the best things to add.  So i would recommend Replicators, Wraith, Nakai, Ori, and maybe even the Unas.  The wraith would have powerful melee and healing and high pain tolerance, the replicators would have a naturally high armor, the Nakai would be a normal race basically, and the Unas would have faster healing than a normal human and high pain tolerance.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

HBKRKO619

More faction is love, more faction is life but keep the vanilla's one. Everything is on the word "diversity" ^^

john pretzel

Works perfect now, thanks!

Just had to add the body parts from cybernetic storm mod to Races_Jaffa.

I also think that adding a Tauri faction to visit the colony from time to time, following the game's logic, as the other tribes but named SG-1, 2 etc could be fun. Imagine both factions meeting in the battlefield and siding with one or the other - a great stargate episode...  ;D

Kel mal tak Tauri!  ;D

EdB

Quote from: Carnov on December 18, 2014, 03:26:00 PM
Also, as @john pretzel said, there were a little issue when using EdB prepare carefully. That was my fault as I removed the color generation on the Jaffa equipment because I wanted to keep it the same color for all, which Prepre Carefully didn't like

Apologies that you had to add the color generator--that is a bug in Prepare Carefully.  I will fix it for the next release.  That should not be required. 

kokuto

Once again, I'd like to raise the notion of adding the actual Goa'uld (or their hosts) in with the Goa'uld specific armour and weapons we could kill them for.

And perhaps make some sort of implant using the Goa'uld or Tokra... all like some sort of evil scientist.

decomg

Selgald

Thanks for the mod :)

My wishlist:

The "turret" version of the Jaffa staff (maybe a midgame research)
The sarcophagus as a late game medical "bed" (add a small chance for adding insane evil traits to the people xD)
Add a medical bill to implement Goa'uld (or the brain-dead Goa'uld for the supersoldiers from Anubis) to give super strength and regenration
Add Naquadah, so we can mine it or buy/sell it
Naquadah generators (Mk1 mid game, Mk2 late game)
A Asgard Shield generator to protect against artillery fire
Super Soldier attacks (hard to kill but we can strip the Kull armor ^^)
The name of the "Jaffa staff is "Ma'Tok staff" :)

Deutsches RimWorld Let's Play: YouTube Selgald